Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Balance missing because of old wallet file  (Read 1870 times)

38PTSWarrior

Balance missing because of old wallet file
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »

Hi, I prepare for the worst, because even I know that the blockchain loses nothing it could be that I fuc.. made a mistake. I only have a wallet from 10 days ago but in the meantime I bought some bitBTC and bitUSD, which now do not show up anymore. I thought I saved the recent wallet to my usb, but I just pasted it in a folder and forgot to paste the folder to the usb. Then I installed ubuntu again over the old ubuntu.

:D

How are the chances doc?

E: Some other transactions are also missing. I pray to the sun and the universe, and the multiverses, tat there is a command that can help a brother now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:44:25 AM by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Re: Balance missing because of old wallet file
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:19:05 PM »
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
Thank you, I was too nervous for checking the wiki. Now I have something to do for the evening.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »
no need to be nervous .. your funds are still on the blockchain and as long as you have a backup of your wallet your funds will be accessible again ..
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline liondani

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
any news bro?
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »
any news bro?

yes, im quite interested also how this gets solved.... please do update the topic
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline liondani

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
whatever your conclusions are right now... keep calm... a solution exists 100%! Just keep safe your old json file.
please check your "wallets" directory if you use windows:  users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/bitsharesx/wallets/   you will find there json backup files because the wallet automatically creates backups since one month or so....
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »
Oh hi, I tried the commands from the wiki (with the 1000 regenerated keys) and after rescanning some transactions appeared but still not shown in the balance. I then reset after crash, then it stopped at a block around 550000 and now I just reset again in the hope it will scan through. I also tried the Tx recovery from Unknown, but it said that it's not finding a transaction (I guess mistake on my side). Will update, thanks for asking.

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »
Now I tried a few things.

When using the oldest wallet, it will not show any currencies I bought on the market. But I can see the STARs I got only a few days ago. There is a whole lot of the balance missing. I did the Regenerate-1000-thing, rescan. Also the BTSX and STAR I sent are not showing.

When I use the newest wallet I have, only a smaller part of my balance is missing. I can see the currencies I bought, but they show 0 balance. To be exact, BTC and USD are gone but I still have CNY and STARs.

I also regenerated and rescanned here.

E: After regenerating the keys I get a 0 as reply, does this mean everything went well?
EE: What a question,.. I need to chill. Maybe watch a movie

I know the mistake, I think. Because I installed Ubuntu fresh, I didn't see the BitShares X folder. I thought the new version doesn't have it anymore but the file was hidden. That's why I didn't delete it before reinstalling.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:21:36 PM by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »
oh man sry to hear, but as xeroc mentioned before! It's on the blockchain...
Wish you good luck to solve this issue asap

Sry honestly idk know how to help you on this ... i would
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:38:23 AM »
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/769#issuecomment-56597941

Yes, this is expected behavior. Do not delete your wallet! There is more private data that needs to be kept in order to claim all of your balances than just the account private keys. Primarily, you need the wallet master private key, from which you can regenerate pretty much everything if necessary (though this should be done in emergencies only). If you just create a new wallet and import your account keys, you will not get all of your balances. If you've kept your original wallet, you should have everything you need.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:41:17 AM by xeroc »

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 06:17:55 PM »
That was tough news. I lost some money but it's ok. That was an expensive lesson.. I'm still in the game though! Did the money now disappear? Who has my lost BTC and USD now? I hope that at the end it benefited the system somehow.

Offline vikram

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »
Are you regenerating keys on an older backup of the same wallet? Or is it a different wallet you created from scratch? If it is an older backup of the same wallet, you should be able to regenerate the keys you need to recover everything.

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
I always used only one wallet, thirtyeightptswarrior. I created the latest json I have on the 13th this month. Then I changed the hard drive and installed  OS and the client and imported the json file. Then I used the market to buy BTC and USD. Then I deleted the computer without making a backup (forgot to copy the files), installed Ubuntu again, the client, and then I saw that something was missing after using the latest json file I have. Is there anything I could do other than regenerating? The output after regenerating was 998.

Thanks

Edit: I forgot to say that I cannot send funds. It says:"RPC error: JSON parse error:  Property name must be a string literal
Edit: Oh no, this only happens with trying to send BTSX. When trying to send CNY the send field is blue. Noooooooo, why, why nooo
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:29:47 PM by 38PTSWarrior »

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »
-v.0.4.17
-import newest json I have
-wallet_regenerate_keys thirtyeightptswarrior 1000
-rescan
-USD and BTC missing
-send button for BTSX blue now
- when choosing amount of CNY to send to user which is higher than my balance -> not enough funds
- when choosing amount of BTSX to send to user which is higher than my balance -> minus amount shown, no red "not enough funds"
- wallet_recover_transaction ID (without ASK, only number) -> 20022 transaction_not_found: transaction not found (still have unknown)
- BTSX I sent to a user is not showing
Property name must be a string literal
:(

Is the amount of balance I see in the synced latest client the real balance I have? I need support community, this is so unlucky, thx

Edit:

-I still RPC error Json parse error: Property name must be a string literal ( but then it disappeared, I am sure it will appear again)

-wallet_get_transcation fee assert: exception 10 (I just saw this and then it disappeared again)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:38:20 PM by 38PTSWarrior »

Google+