Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Witness Proposal] neoreel-1 - Montreal (East-Coast USA-Canada)

(1/5) > >>

pc:
It is correct that you can't publish price feeds until you've been voted in. That's one of the reasons why you have a testnet witness - check that your setup works on testnet, then it should also work on mainnet.

Missing a block once in a while is normal. If it happened at the full hour, it could be due to https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/issues/504 but I think that's unlikely on testnet. Possibly caused by network glitches. Also check that your server clock is in sync.

Edit: Maintenance happens every 2 minutes on testnet, not at the full hour.

NeoReel:
I have setup the pricefeed using xeroc's tool. Wondering if this tool is supposed to work when the witness is not active as I cannot see any price feed activity in my accounts. Obviously, you do not want random users publishing price feeds, but then again, that means it cannot be tested prior to having an active witness.

I've been running the new witness on the testnet and noticed it missed a block today. As I'm looking in the logs, I'm trying to understand why it did so. Trying to find it back, what error should it show in the log? Is it the error "Pushing block to fork database that failed to link"?

What is the most common reason for a block to be missed? Too long to verify all the transactions? In which case it is "normal" to miss a block once in a while? The witness server is fully dedicated to do only block generation, so why would it miss?

Thanks for all your info!

Cheers

NeoReel:
This full node wss://relinked.com/ws is back on the main blockchain.
The testnet witness as moved to a new private server.
I still have to setup my failsafe script to automatically report and switch to my backup witness.
I still have to setup price feed broadcast.

Cheers,

NeoReel:
Hello,

Sorry about this. I've been flipping things around with the testnet to setup a witness and a full node on different servers as requested earlier by pc. This will go back to a normal full node as soon as I finish installing this new server node so I can get rid of the witness. Will be fixed tonight.

Regards,

abit:
It seems wss://relinked.com/ws is now a testnet API node. @NeoReel is it intended?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version