Other > BitShares AGS

Need help importing from encrypted Android wallet backup [SOLVED]

(1/3) > >>

bsxnewb:

--- Quote from: gamey on September 25, 2014, 05:00:13 am ---
--- Quote from: bsxnewb on September 25, 2014, 01:01:31 am ---
--- Quote from: gamey on September 23, 2014, 11:25:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: bsxnewb on September 23, 2014, 08:48:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: Riverhead on September 23, 2014, 03:06:13 am ---That is some great persistence! Congratulations :).

Perhaps the issue you're facing is that the private key was for your Android wallet and not the Multibit wallet (though I am not familiar with this wallet). Were you able to get your Andriod private key into WIF?

--- End quote ---

Lol thank you. I imported the android wallet into multibit, then used multibit to export the private key (still linking to the original android wallet) so the key should be correct, and I imported it in WIF format. The bitshares wallet scanned transactions, but I didnt see any funds/assest added to my account. Not really sure where to go from here. Technically, im not even sure what to look for after the key is imported (do i get assests from DACs? Do i get btsx?) I donated to the AGS fund.

--- End quote ---

Did you donate before the Feb 28th snapshot ?  If you donated to AGS later then you won't receive anything from your import in BTSX.  (However, that isn't the case for DACs with later snapshots)

--- End quote ---

There's the explanation I was looking for, thank you. Not sure how I missed this information after reading pages of info about ags... :o

Will I recieve my AGS in the form of btsx or assests?

--- End quote ---

You will receive neither.  You will receive stakes in all the snapshots taken after that.  That includes KeyID/DNS DAC which will be the next one released in the next days or weeks at maximum.  Bitshares X is a protodac and all future versions will just be snapshots of itself. 

AGS are not something you have in a wallet.  You have the keys to unlock stakes in genesis blocks of future DACs.  AGS will never be liquid or tradeable.  If you donated with protoshares then there is a command you can run on the console to count your AGS.  I am not sure about btc AGS determination.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good, I'll be looking out for the next snapshot. I appreciate the clarification on AGS!

gamey:

--- Quote from: bsxnewb on September 25, 2014, 01:01:31 am ---
--- Quote from: Riverhead on September 23, 2014, 03:06:13 am ---That is some great persistence! Congratulations :).

Perhaps the issue you're facing is that the private key was for your Android wallet and not the Multibit wallet (though I am not familiar with this wallet). Were you able to get your Andriod private key into WIF?

--- End quote ---

Lol thank you. I imported the android wallet into multibit, then used multibit to export the private key (still linking to the original android wallet) so the key should be correct, and I imported it in WIF format. The bitshares wallet scanned transactions, but I didnt see any funds/assest added to my account. Not really sure where to go from here. Technically, im not even sure what to look for after the key is imported (do i get assests from DACs? Do i get btsx?) I donated to the AGS fund.

--- End quote ---

Did you donate before the Feb 28th snapshot ?  If you donated to AGS later then you won't receive anything from your import in BTSX.  (However, that isn't the case for DACs with later snapshots)

--- End quote ---

There's the explanation I was looking for, thank you. Not sure how I missed this information after reading pages of info about ags... :o

--- End quote ---

You will receive neither.  You will receive stakes in all the snapshots taken after that.  That includes KeyID/DNS DAC which will be the next one released in the next days or weeks at maximum.  Bitshares X is a protodac and all future versions will just be snapshots of itself. 

AGS are not something you have in a wallet.  You have the keys to unlock stakes in genesis blocks of future DACs.  AGS will never be liquid or tradeable.  If you donated with protoshares then there is a command you can run on the console to count your AGS.  I am not sure about btc AGS determination.

bsxnewb:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

gamey:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

bsxnewb:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version