Author Topic: VOTE DAC Just Got More Interesting 2.0  (Read 49369 times)

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
It's not very encouraging when the leader of the project you've invested in says the project is "hamstrung" and "limited growth potential" and now reveals this vote dac he's working on instead (with some unknown amount of transferable tech) will a have its own bitUSD rather than using bitshare's X bitUSD, which, if this was really about a way to fund BTSX would be an obvious move surely, as that directly increases the value of BTSX.  Why does it need its own bitUSD? 

Also there have been numerous offers by btsx holders to raise funds for btsx. If more funds would be useful then lets do a fundraiser.

All Bitshares DACs features will be usable in any other DAC with any DACs token via "atomic cross chain trading" or w/e it's called. There will not be a separate bitUSD for Vote, it will use BTSX's bitUSD. Thus if it is popular (vote) it will do marketing for BTSX as fees will be earned by BTSX by the use of bitUSD, it will provide more volume in the bitUSD market, and by buying bitUSD via vote DAC more BTSX will be tied up in the form of collateral for the bitUSD.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Hongkong has multiple banks issue their version of HONGKONG DOLLOR.
Over the years,all the version of the HONGKONG DOLLOR still exist together peacefully.And none of them has the less value than the others.
As long as 1 BTSX-USD = 1 VOTE-USD,the benefit is mutual for both system.
It's not drawing blood when they're in the same ecosystem.
And I don't think some payment service would use "vote-bitusd" to issue a debit card instead of the BTSX-bitusd.

Not true because when bitUSD which is backed by BTSX is bought it directly increases the value of BTSX.  A competing bitUSD on another blockchain is not a good idea and harms BTSX.  It's a direct attack, forking the main product of BTSX.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It's not very encouraging when the leader of the project you've invested in says the project is "hamstrung" and "limited growth potential" and now reveals this vote dac he's working on instead (with some unknown amount of transferable tech) will a have its own bitUSD rather than using bitshare's X bitUSD, which, if this was really about a way to fund BTSX would be an obvious move surely, as that directly increases the value of BTSX.  Why does it need its own bitUSD?

The product you have donated to and the marketing strategy for it is being forked by the lead developer in a project not directly snapshotted off BTSX.

Now that's an idea, if the Vote Dac snapshotted BTSX holders a portion of the shares, that would be ok.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
What value will a decentralized voting DAC offer that a centralized solution absolutely can't? Will we be proving unique human through KYC verification? Get BitUSD and vote at the same time? Is the BitUSD created backed with BTSX or VOTE tokens?

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

I have been a buyer of BitShares and BTSX since day 1. This news is the first thing I've ever sold on.

It was really painful as BTSX has such a low valuation but I didn't hesitate.

The product you have donated to and the marketing strategy for it is being forked by the lead developer in a project not directly snapshotted off BTSX. So you are now in a position more than ever  of requiring to have faith that this new DAC is not designed to directly compete with BTSX in some markets and that the lead developers positions in other DACs won't cause them to favour them more.

I'm keeping the vast majority of my position because I have faith but as a poker player, I certainly can't let faith make me the sucker at a poker table. So it is with regret that I have sold some. I will adjust my position as more information is revealed but it's frustrating to have to sell at all as BitAssets are a $100 Billion baby.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:50:00 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Also there have been numerous offers by btsx holders to raise funds for btsx. If more funds would be useful then lets do a fundraiser. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:05:18 am by matt608 »

Offline kisa

• View Profile
opinion polls is a big business... firms get paid to conduct them, and people get paid to participate... promising synergy of decentralised voting with decentralised payments in one app... "answer our poll and you get paid in bitUSD" :)

for I3 and all of us, being flexible when opportunities arise may be much more valuable than adhering to a pre-designed plan. "Chance favors the prepared mind"  - L. Pasteur
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:21:02 am by kisa0145 »

Offline mint chocolate chip

By 'Getting Out the Vote' many new users will potentially be introduced to the BitShares ecosystem.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
i did not, or wanted to do that. Please excuse my english, it is just a foreign language for me, and maybe sometimes it sounds strange to you what i say.

what i wanted to express is that it is really hard or impossible to follow the "things" are going on, if you are not an "insider". i am just reading and writing every day on this forum, but i am more convused with this half backed "i can not say anything" post then before. i don't know what is going on with BTSX etc. etc.

with timeline i don't mean something to set in stone, but it would be nice to know what is at the moment in the making and what time of "arrivel" can we expect. If this is to much or not wanted, fine, maybe i am the only one who wants something like this as a sticky on top of each DAC.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of other coins like to just steal ideas and claim they're part of their "roadmap".  Really, what do you lose when you are an anonymous dev of a project ?  You can claim you will be implementing all these features.  We might as well just keep it somewhat secret to maintain competitive advantage.  I would still like to see the specifics of things discussed openly though, just so that the community can go over ideas and prune out the bad ones. So I'm not sure what the best answer is.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
new? i am not, but you have many thing to do and not to recognise my name is ok with me.

do you not feel, now is the time to write a summery? what was achieved, what will come...wil help the community without much to say (because >400 posts are not recognised at all  ;) ). just ask yourself, what do you want now if you has nothing to say, no one will hear your voice and maybe some new people are coming. maybe you want a good summery where everything is heading now and what timeframe can we expect.

You accused him of just making random "promises".  If you have been paying attention things change constantly around here.  I don't like to defend bytemaster too much because he can do it himself, but this information is spread about.  Giving out specific timeframes just causes more and more issues in software development.  I haven't seen many if any "promises" that have not been met.  The Bitshares team has done pretty well for its size and what they have accomplished. 

I've been trying to work to get the mostly weekly update translated to Chinese.  Bytemaster is there to answer all questions and every 2 out of 3 weeks he gives an update on what has changed or been accomplished.  It isn't fair that English speakers get this info, but I've been trying to get a Chinese translation of the show.

So you want him to do 2 updates now.  Then everyone else wants him to only work on BTSX.  It never stops.  Bytemaster is more responsive than a solid majority of devs IMO and gives plenty of time to forum. 

i did not, or wanted to do that. Please excuse my english, it is just a foreign language for me, and maybe sometimes it sounds strange to you what i say.

what i wanted to express is that it is really hard or impossible to follow the "things" are going on, if you are not an "insider". i am just reading and writing every day on this forum, but i am more convused with this half backed "i can not say anything" post then before. i don't know what is going on with BTSX etc. etc.

with timeline i don't mean something to set in stone, but it would be nice to know what is at the moment in the making and what time of "arrivel" can we expect. If this is to much or not wanted, fine, maybe i am the only one who wants something like this as a sticky on top of each DAC.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
1) BTSX hard cap of 2 billion is going to limit its growth potential.

Now I'm confused? It is up to shareholders to determine if BTSX has a "hard cap of 2 billion". If shareholders deem it necessary they can vote in delegates that support delusion, right?

From the "How much is a new user worth?" thread (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9603.0) it seems like +60% of the people are for delusion as long as there is a good plan. And many of the people who were against it change their minds and some even said it should be done if need be but only as a last resort.

So BTSX doesn't have a hard cap and doesn't have limited growth potential. Or at least I think it should be left up to shareholders to decide if it does.

Or have I missed something???

Offline betax

• View Profile
Bytemaster has provided roadmap without compromises timeline, so that is good enough. We don't know his plans for Vote so it is seems that BTSX is going to benefit from this, but it could be the other way around, who knows.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
new? i am not, but you have many thing to do and not to recognise my name is ok with me.

do you not feel, now is the time to write a summery? what was achieved, what will come...wil help the community without much to say (because >400 posts are not recognised at all  ;) ). just ask yourself, what do you want now if you has nothing to say, no one will hear your voice and maybe some new people are coming. maybe you want a good summery where everything is heading now and what timeframe can we expect.

You accused him of just making random "promises".  If you have been paying attention things change constantly around here.  I don't like to defend bytemaster too much because he can do it himself, but this information is spread about.  Giving out specific timeframes just causes more and more issues in software development.  I haven't seen many if any "promises" that have not been met.  The Bitshares team has done pretty well for its size and what they have accomplished. 

I've been trying to work to get the mostly weekly update translated to Chinese.  Bytemaster is there to answer all questions and every 2 out of 3 weeks he gives an update on what has changed or been accomplished.  It isn't fair that English speakers get this info, but I've been trying to get a Chinese translation of the show.

So you want him to do 2 updates now.  Then everyone else wants him to only work on BTSX.  It never stops.  Bytemaster is more responsive than a solid majority of devs IMO and gives plenty of time to forum. 

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
every day is just waiting and more and different promises!

if you could not say anything it is fine.

what i whant to see is something like a probable timeline for all BTS chains - starting with BTSX

we are working at:
1. mobile app (expect Dec. 14)
2. .....
and so on

we want to work need more funds:

1. ....

maybe bytemaster or stan can put a summery together what was accomplished till now and what is coming in the next weeks.

this will be invested good time, because it feels like the people loosing some faith.

You must be new here.... except your post count suggests otherwise..

We don't post timelines because we will always miss them.
We have many things we want to do and things are being done by different people.
Business partners is a large majority of work to be done.

We are actively working on:
1) Notification system for light weight clients
2) Interest on Shorts
3) Escrow
4) A vote demo by Dec 7th.

These should be out within the next month.  (Not a light weight client, just the foundation for it).

High in the queue:
1) Rework of BTSX GUI to be more user friendly and pretty... estimated time about 1 month from start of effort... likely this year, but no promises.

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
1) All work on web wallets will work for all DACs.
2) All work on partnerships benefits all DACs
3) All bug fixes on core code (network, RPC, etc) benefit all DACs
4) AGS funds received after Feb 28th need to be spent on infrastructure other than BTSX and "now".
5) The new project will be self funded, not being funded by BTSX development fund.
6) BTSX will likely be funded by the new project.

7) The biggest reason of all why we are doing this has to do with the fact that we can gather "network effect" faster with the VOTE DAC...

How we do all of that is still slightly under wraps... but trust me it may beat BTSX to the moon.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
My Personal BTS Account: stephen