Author Topic: IMPORTANT: BTS Merger (Poll)  (Read 25929 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
Whether the merger temporarily does not hold position,  if the merger, the key lies in how to calculate their own interests
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline dlh

• View Profile
This is done harm to the interests of PTS, AGS and BTSX maintain the interests, must give higher PTS compensation

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
first I had a little crack,  but I so support it after mull , and I also think that people in community  have smart enough to deal with this . +5% +5% +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline oldutiao

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It is merger and acquisition.

Nothing is merged or acquired:

3) Capital infusion to fund marketing efforts is solved by allowing for a majority vote of BTS holders to vote to create and sell shares for funding purposes

IOW: throw on the printing press and spend the resulting notes on marketing. That's pump&dump par excellence.

3) Capital infusion to fund marketing efforts is solved by allowing for a majority vote of BTS holders to vote to create and sell shares for funding purposes

That only means it would be a majority-approved pump&dump.

The problem here is that the (market) value of the DAC is not so much driven by the services it offers, but by marketing. It is easy to convince a majority with the promise of a tenfold increase in market value in combination with e. g. 10% dilution. In the long run this will destroy the DAC, though, because there is no substance in it for supporting the (temporarily) higher market value.

How does attracting new long term users not support a higher market value?  That's the purpose of marketing.  There's marketing to shareholders and theres marketing to users.  There will always be speculation on what the promises of marketing are worth before the marketing actually takes place, in which case the promises of marketing has the effect of being marketing to shareholders i.e. pumping.  But unless you have reason to believe the raised funds *wont* be used on marketing to new users, then this is not a problem.

The issue is ensuring the raised funds from dilution are spent wisely.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:41:32 am by matt608 »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

IOW: throw on the printing press and spend the resulting notes on marketing. That's pump&dump par excellence.

That only means it would be a majority-approved pump&dump.

The problem here is that the (market) value of the DAC is not so much driven by the services it offers, but by marketing. It is easy to convince a majority with the promise of a tenfold increase in market value in combination with e. g. 10% dilution. In the long run this will destroy the DAC, though, because there is no substance in it for supporting the (temporarily) higher market value.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
+5% +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline bitsapphire

Set as sticky for a few days.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%
Thanks fuzzy for the initiative ! Hope it will give a good overview of what people really think about BM's proposal
+5% +5%

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
 +5%
Thanks fuzzy for the initiative ! Hope it will give a good overview of what people really think about BM's proposal
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
For those that might thinking that this is a bad thing to do just clear your heads up and think about it as a big company buying out smaller companies in order to increase everyone's position. Dilution is the worst ever possible word to describe a merger like this. It is not dilution. It is merger and acquisition.

For those that are thinking dumping DNS also think twice before you do so.. The stronger the DNS at the time of the snapshot of the merger equals more shares on the new DAC. DNS will not die and now has to prove it's value.

Unless I missunderstand something please correct me.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
There should be a short pithy description of the proposal. Trouble atm is broad spread of perception. We need to vote on something definite, if a vote is really appropriate. Also, I think the nature of PTS/AGS changing is distinct from the merger of DAC under one umberella.

Yes. I'm not voting until something concrete has been proposed.  What kind of thread is this?  No one even knows what they voting on.