Author Topic: Perspective is Everything  (Read 15549 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Perhaps that post was an example of bad PR...

Remember that you can learn anything, "bad at PR" is just a limiting label (perhaps ego calls it "too honest for PR").

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'll be happy when I see BTS at $0.25.

I AM a tad unrealistic!  :) As I see it, $0.25 will be a good start. But then, I think that if/when BitShares gets that much notice, it should gain some critical mass. This is SO MUCH more useful than Bitcoin. If it's hovering at that market cap, it's going to get a ton more attention. If we reach 10x, then I honestly see this getting a lot bigger.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
BTS 20x is our Target, folks. Never lose sight of that.  +5%

Is that joke?

We will not recognize anything but 500 USD per BTSX for the future. +5%

I think that's a tad unrealistic... I'll be happy when I see BTS at $0.25.

It is not unrealistic at all.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Is that joke?

Properly, properly!  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Is that joke?

I think that's a tad unrealistic... I'll be happy when I see BTS at $0.25.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
Thank you so much for the sharing of the stories behind the scenes.
I believe it help a lot to get the community understand and supported the BTS Merger.
 +5%
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Yep.. we are moving toward much more controlled PR.... but unfortunately that means my posting around here will have to stop (or be greatly reduced) and things will have to move slower.

-5%

Perhaps that post was an example of bad PR...  we haven't identified the balance... but I hope to remain accessible and transparent because that is what people expect.

ByteMaster-- Maybe you could have a personal proxy for things like your "The Vote DAC just got more interesting" O.P.

If your goal is to keep access to the mindshare of the crowd, maybe you could figure out a way to decouple your identity from your participation in the forum. So you might first write the equivalent of "The Vote DAC just got more interesting" O.P., then send it to Toast for review. The developers can have an internal discussion, and then Toast posts BM's original idea but it's been retread and its source camouflaged through a new identity. Then you could get the community feedback, but no one would guess it was the CEO making a bold new proposal.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Yep.. we are moving toward much more controlled PR.... but unfortunately that means my posting around here will have to stop (or be greatly reduced) and things will have to move slower.

-5%. We do not want that.
We appreciate your thoughts even if some times they are not  well communicated and affect the market massively. It is better to share honestly your thoughts as you are already doing rather than having no idea of future plans in your head and get caught by very nasty surprises..

Once we figure out the rules for shareholder voting on hard forks, etc., I think bytemaster will be able to post whatever he wants because everybody will know that at the end of the day it will be up to the shareholders.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:13:06 pm by crypto_prometheus_81 »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'll remind everyone that in the past I have had my head handed to me for announcing a plan for PTS2 that seemed like a no-brainer to me.

So now we propose ideas and get feedback first.  Like everyone demands.

If not, you would have seen several very different announcements over the past week! 

You wouldn't have liked that either.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JuJiShou

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ncn
5%,good,just do it!

来自我的 HUAWEI C8815 上的 Tapatalk

TurkeyLeg

The forum will remain important... this will be a gradual change as part of the rebranding and marketing campaign.

+5% Thanks for this post BM. Your perspective is appreciated. I am long and strong on BTSX/BTS.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

-5%. We do not want that.
We appreciate your thoughts even if some times they are not  well communicated and affect the market massively. It is better to share honestly your thoughts as you are already doing rather than having no idea of future plans in your head and get caught by very nasty surprises..

Offline bytemaster

-5%

Perhaps that post was an example of bad PR...  we haven't identified the balance... but I hope to remain accessible and transparent because that is what people expect.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.