Author Topic: Screen Shot  (Read 17844 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Is Keyhotee forked from PTS? And if so, how can you use your PTS to credit your id if you have to mine them aka different private keys...

Keyhotee is an application for secure interaction with people and DACs.  It does not have a tradable currency itself, but it will have a wallet for managing other currencies.  Its underlying block chain is for storing free Keyhotee IDs where just a little proof-of-work mining in the  background secures your free ID for a year.  As a user, you don't even have to think about this.  As long as you run Keyhotee about a day per year, your free ID is renewed.  If you get hit by a bus, your free ID name (not your associated private information) becomes available for someone else to claim after one year of no use.  IDs are not transferrable so there is no motivation to reserve names you don't plan to use.  Keyhotee Founder IDs, however, never expire.
Are the founders IDs the only ones that will be on sale, Stan?

Only founders IDs will be sold for PTS. Normal IDs will be mined out for a little bit of CPU power, which any normal user should be able to do on a home computer.

Founder's ID's are not sold.  They are small public recognition of people who have made a significant donation to development of Keyhotee - a contribution that goes above and beyond the call of duty.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Is Keyhotee forked from PTS? And if so, how can you use your PTS to credit your id if you have to mine them aka different private keys...

Keyhotee is an application for secure interaction with people and DACs.  It does not have a tradable currency itself, but it will have a wallet for managing other currencies.  Its underlying block chain is for storing free Keyhotee IDs where just a little proof-of-work mining in the  background secures your free ID for a year.  As a user, you don't even have to think about this.  As long as you run Keyhotee about a day per year, your free ID is renewed.  If you get hit by a bus, your free ID name (not your associated private information) becomes available for someone else to claim after one year of no use.  IDs are not transferrable so there is no motivation to reserve names you don't plan to use.  Keyhotee Founder IDs, however, never expire.

Only founders IDs will be sold for PTS given in exchange for a donation of PTS to help support the development of Keyhotee and other Invictus DACs. Normal IDs will be mined out for a little bit of CPU power, which any normal user should be able to do on a home computer.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:25:56 am by phoenix »
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile

Is there a Keyhotee client for the *nix family in the works, too?
Robozombie

Offline robozombie

• Technoholic
    • View Profile

Robozombie

Offline bytemaster

It's inevitable that somebody will irrecoverably lose his private key or the key gets compromised, the stake can be very high ... so all we can do is say "tough luck"?

Your only option is to back it up and risk theft.  IF you trust it to someone else then all you do is transfer the risks and introduce new risks.
So if Bytemaster's private key got stolen and become known by many, what's going to happen? I guess there need to be a public directory for all compromised IDs?

The KeyhoteeID block chain allows you to cancel an ID, at which point you would have to rebuild your reputation under a new ID.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
It's inevitable that somebody will irrecoverably lose his private key or the key gets compromised, the stake can be very high ... so all we can do is say "tough luck"?

Your only option is to back it up and risk theft.  IF you trust it to someone else then all you do is transfer the risks and introduce new risks.
So if Bytemaster's private key got stolen and become known by many, what's going to happen? I guess there need to be a public directory for all compromised IDs?

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcool

• View Profile

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Explain to me how all of those centralized solutions allow you to protect a private key on your computer.  The best approach is a hardware wallet which we will be happy to support.  But we also need recoverability.  Storing your wallet on a USB stick can provide some basic two factor auth. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe once you get the ball rolling with Keyhotee after it's release to the public, you can work on releasing a USB stick made special to store your wallet on. Maybe even fit that USB to also mine when plugged in if that's possible? That would almost guarantee constant miners throughout Keyhotee's existence.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline bytemaster

Explain to me how all of those centralized solutions allow you to protect a private key on your computer.  The best approach is a hardware wallet which we will be happy to support.  But we also need recoverability.  Storing your wallet on a USB stick can provide some basic two factor auth. 

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Looking good.

What kind of authentication are you looking to implement to ensure an account won't get hacked?

Eg:  Google Authentication maybe?

Why not use Yubikey? Anyway I think 2FA is absolutely necessary for Keyhotee. I think you would want to give multiple options, such as Yubikey, Google Auth, SMS msg, Email.

But if it is just a password on the computer then a keylogger is all it would take to retrieve the keys to the castle.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Are there plans for Keyhotee to support plugins?  My understanding is that a key feature of Keyhotee is directly establishing PKI secured TCP connections between users either through a blockchain or DHT for IP lookups, which could be readily usable for many features, some of which are undoubtedly too obscure to clutter the standard application by default.

Also, has Invictus had any contact with the RetroShare (http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/) team?  The identity and reputation management seems much more elegant in Keyhotee, but I'd love to see forums and even a full p2p social network in Keyhotee eventually.

Offline bytemaster

We agree and will have a jsonrpc API to allow anyone to do this

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Some bridges may be possible but your security would be comprised

It may not part of Keyhotee, but api should be provided for third-parties(including invictus) to provide these services. Let users to select and trust providers themselves. These service provides belongs to the traditional world, but its ok, helping people circles migrate to the Keyhotee new world.

If Keyhotee can connect to the exsisting world of mail, wide users can easily accept it, help it spread quickly. It should not be an iland in the sea, should keep opened and connected.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:33:03 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Some bridges may be possible but your security would be comprised