Author Topic: All Work and No PLAY makes Jack a Dull Boy...(Ends 4 November 14)  (Read 7642 times)

Offline fuzzy

This thread has ended and a Poll will be put up shortly so we can see which game has the largest following. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline testz

Offline fuzzy

You think this has ended??? HECK no!

Star Craft

Bytemaster you good at StarCraft?

I bet he was one of those 12 year olds who kicked 25 year old ass playing that game every night when it came out...of course that was probably in between fixing PC's and mastering bytes... 

What about boardgames?  There are free-to-play boardgame sites with great games like Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, etc.

Heck YES! Is it a game where an individual or team can compete with another individual or team and WIN??  If so, and if it is FREE TO PLAY, then Heck YES!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:35:33 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xxeyes

• View Profile
What about boardgames?  There are free-to-play boardgame sites with great games like Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, etc.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
My two favorites right now:
League of Legends (moba style f2p)
Path of Exile (arpg style f2p)

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Does it have to be a multiplayer game has winners or winning team?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:46:23 am by ticklebiscuit »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Hearthstone

You should probably post this on some gaming website. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
oh my.....

War thunder
World of tanks
Star trek on-line
Loadout(fun first person shooter, modern and funny)

Hits from the past

steel panthers 3
warcraft(when it used to be a RTS)
C&C
empire total war
sid meier's civ games.....
stronghold
master of orion(think it was the first one)
Oregon trail.....(you died of dysentery)
and so many more that it reminds me of endless hours wasted.

Offline Riverhead

Text MUDs were mostly free to play and often open source. I used to play Moose Head Sled which I think was revived.

More modern:
Runescape
Doom
Runes of Magic

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
project M

tl;dr Sakurai accidentally made his children's party game into a hardcore competitive fighter. He didn't like that, so he hamstrung the next in the series. The fans didn't like that, so they made a mod to make it more like his previous game.

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:

A fast-paced game
with flowing, natural movement
where the player has a great degree of control over their character due to the technical skill that they've achieved.
The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.
Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.

In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.

I didn't know you were a smasher, toast!

I'm a Super Smash Bros. Melee veteran myself. Many consider me as one of the best Ness mains of all time.

The game has been around for 13 years and still has a huge following, being featured in EVO (major fighting game tournament) for the past two years. I'd love to see SSBM and Project M in whatever project you are doing!

One DAC/DApp I wanted to make was a sports betting / tournament / league application for arbitrary two-player games.

"Buy mang0coin so he can go to evo!"
"Armada vs m2k FG in 30 minutes - betting still open!"

etc
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.