Author Topic: Is there a new "Social Consensus" for the new BTS?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I think we have established the expectation and tradition of honoring those who provided the foundation.  People will do what is in their own best interest and that remains.

Every new DAC needs to have an initial allocation and the fairness of that allocation will greatly impact its performance.

So I am highly in favor of recommending people recognize any or all DACs based upon the toolkit, AGS, or PTS.  Ultimately the success or failure of that DAC will depend upon gaining users and with SEC crack downs you are not going to see many more IPO style fund raisers because they are risky.

So in my opinion it makes sense for all future dacs to snapshot an existing DAC with 100% and then pay supporters via delegate pay to grow it.

Alright, that sounds good. Will there be a way to snapshot BTS shares that are in "vesting" status, or will these not really be considered shares as they haven't been claimed yet?

Offline bytemaster

I think we have established the expectation and tradition of honoring those who provided the foundation.  People will do what is in their own best interest and that remains.

Every new DAC needs to have an initial allocation and the fairness of that allocation will greatly impact its performance.

So I am highly in favor of recommending people recognize any or all DACs based upon the toolkit, AGS, or PTS.  Ultimately the success or failure of that DAC will depend upon gaining users and with SEC crack downs you are not going to see many more IPO style fund raisers because they are risky.

So in my opinion it makes sense for all future dacs to snapshot an existing DAC with 100% and then pay supporters via delegate pay to grow it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
If third parties want to use the BitShares toolkit, do we still plan to have the social consensus in place recommending airdrops to BTS holders? If so, what is the new recommended percentage? Or will the social consensus just be for AGS and PTS holders?

btc38 will delist PTS... that could be the case for other exchanges too...
so I think it could work for future AGS and BTS snapshots(?)

AlphaBar and others seem pretty serious about maintaining a DPOS version of PTS and recommending it for snapshots.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If third parties want to use the BitShares toolkit, do we still plan to have the social consensus in place recommending airdrops to BTS holders? If so, what is the new recommended percentage? Or will the social consensus just be for AGS and PTS holders?

btc38 will delist PTS... that could be the case for other exchanges too...
so I think it could work for future AGS and BTS snapshots(?)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7