Author Topic: October Newsletter - Halloween Edition  (Read 30377 times)

Offline graffenwalder

@bytemaster
How will our bitUSDs count on bts allocation? Do we need to buy BTSX with out bitUSDs to count at the snapshot?
The same question for our short orders that are not covered ... Do we need to cover so our collateral will count for the BTS allocation afetr the snapshot ?
This was already answered somewhere else.
But BTSX: BTS = 1:1. The platform will continue as usual, so no need to cover or sell bitusd for the snapshot.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
@bytemaster
How will our bitUSDs count on bts allocation? Do we need to buy BTSX with out bitUSDs to count at the snapshot?
The same question for our short orders that are not covered ... Do we need to cover so our collateral will count for the BTS allocation afetr the snapshot ?

Offline jamesc

How will this work?  Well, Bitcoin has for years issued 50 new bitcoin “shares” ...
policy gradually increases the supply of its shares but does nothing to increase
their value because the work done has no residual benefit.

EDIT: corrected delegate pay rate and percent

Lets compare to our network. 

Just for fun, lets compare to Bitcoin:
hours_month=30*24
blocks_month=hours_month*6
btc_per_month=blocks_month*25
btc_cost_per_month=btc_per_month*324.48   
=$35,043,840.00 / month

We pay 101 delegates about 100/month last I checked.  That was
at 3 cents per Bitshare.. Today at about 1.5 cents that is about $5,000
per month. 

What is the percent?

35043840/5000 = 7008.768

So, given market values as of this writing, we run at a rate that is 7,000 times (or 700,000%) more efficient than Bitcoin.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 11:15:25 am by jcalfee1 »

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I am glad to see we have not been completely scared away from using the company metaphor. I understand the lawyers are probably telling you to steer away from the word as much as humanly possible but to investors its pretty important.

I agree. 

But I also really like the new opportunity for a "dealer's choice" metaphor that can be applied to whomever the product is being pitched to.

We now have a newfound limitless potential for onboarding the largest mass of consumers possible.  The DAC metaphor is not so rigid in it's purely semantic definition.  I believe this is a very good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I am glad to see we have not been completely scared away from using the company metaphor. I understand the lawyers are probably telling you to steer away from the word as much as humanly possible but to investors its pretty important.   

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Looks great Stan!  Concise and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'll prepare newsletter now ... so hopefully not so many changes after …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Small suggested updates have been added to OP in brown text.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CalabiYau

Interesting and motivating newsletter.

Now that the dust has settled a bit, my conclusion:  ==>> BUY

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
@Stan

Yeah that's perfect. Thanks

BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Would this make it more clear? (I'm waiting for confirmation of this proposed clarification from Toast.)

The percentage numbers in this table trace the snapshot shares back to where they originally came from for the purposes of demonstrating indirect honoring of PTS/AGS. DNS sold prior to proposal announcement still benefited the sellers and the buyers before that date will receive a small adjustment from other funds.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline emailtooaj

•   Users attracted to one service will now discover them all.

+5%   Of this whole letter, I believe this to be the most powerful sentence! (of the many  8))

*I also agree with others about getting the word out about NOT leaving any DNS and PTS on the exchanges for the snapshot; get it transferred into your local wallet!
Detailing the risk of doing so will help any future distrust and arguments towards this community!
This, IMO needs to be announced more formerly by 3I and not by other forum members (either trusted or not).
If 3I has done this already then my apologies. I haven't seen it readily posted elsewhere.
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I just have one suggestion for the table or maybe a comment after the table. If one skims through the press release and glances at the table it might be possible to get misled that the sharedrop honors the pts/ags holders at the DNS snapshot and not its current holders (My initial thought). After reading more carefully the release and the comments, I can see it was meant more to explain the allocation(which was previously talked about) and not define a different one. So, a sentence clarifying that current DNS holders will be snapshotted might be helpful to reassure any doubt. Otherwise I am really excited about the changes.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I bought a large amount at 8000, I bought another large amount at 7000, bought around 15 btc this morning.. oh well.  In the next end, I'm gambling this ends up as the #1 or completely insignificant in the long term. What matters now is how we proceed, the price will work itself out one way or another based on what this community can accomplish.

Great newsletter.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:29:30 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Excellent news letter as usual. I feel the ecosystem is being rebooted and we all have a chance at some cheap shares while the market figures out what's happening.

... and its payday!

Same here :D.

Mine was last week and I used it to buy more right before the 30% drop. :(
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads