Author Topic: Delegates without feed - why do you not provide feeds?  (Read 4691 times)

iHashFury

sry delegates!

i would remind all delegates without feeds to start publishing.

do you really feel save, if i just can't do shorts in bitEUR now, because we have to many delegates without EUR feeds?

we should come up with a solution, if we want to relay on pricefeeds. This is at the moment annoying, but in the future this could be a major problem.

I have just set-up my price feeds https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7787.msg159042#msg159042
EUR BTC CNY GOLD USD

Why do we not have feeds for all the markets, bitEUR will be nice but what about the dozens of other possibilities???

delegate.ihashfury is now set-up to publish

BTC SILVER GOLD TRY SGD HKD RUB SEK NZD CNY MXN CAD CHF AUD GBP JPY EUR USD

Thanks xeroc

iHashFury

sry delegates!

do you really feel save, if i just can't do shorts in bitEUR now, because we have to many delegates without EUR feeds?

we should come up with a solution, if we want to relay on pricefeeds. This is at the moment annoying, but in the future this could be a major problem.

I have just set-up my price feeds https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7787.msg159042#msg159042
EUR BTC CNY GOLD USD

Why do we not have feeds for all the markets, bitEUR will be nice but what about the dozens of other possibilities???

I will be using xeroc/pytshares script soon to publish ALL

Offline mint chocolate chip

sry delegates!

EUR BTC CNY GOLD USD

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I think that not enough people view publishing feeds as a valuable service, almost like you need to be offering something above and beyond to be worth voting in. IMO a 3% delegate publishing feeds should be better than one that is not and a worthwhile improvement. I think there are a few people with delegates ready wanting to publish feeds if they can get voted in. Also, being able to publish feeds as a standby would be helpful, as a way to show you have the script ready.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:55:54 pm by lafona »
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

iHashFury

My pricefeeds are ready so as soon I am elected they will go live and I will make sure they stay live.
+5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I would like to know why some delegates don't provide feeds?

- if there is no technical reason you should take action to post feeds.

maybe we could include rules to exclude none posting delegates as active delegates. At the moment delegates have 2 important jobs. 1) confirm the blocks 2) post feeds. Only feeds provide the possibility to trade on our blockchain, without feeds at the moment BTSX or BTS in the future looses purpose.
+5%

Offline matt608

• View Profile
My pricefeeds are ready so as soon I am elected they will go live and I will make sure they stay live.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
On it today im using windoze so had issues with getting the python feed program to run will figure it out
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

iHashFury

sry delegates!

EUR BTC CNY GOLD USD

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
sry delegates!

Offline matt608

• View Profile
There are 35 delegates now not publishing any feeds!  Why?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i hope the new dev delegates will replace init delegates and will provide feeds. this is really serious! without feeds this projects is gone. so publish now!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BM said that he would vote down these delegates who don't provide feeds, however, not yet done that.

Currently there are 11 "init" delegates that are not producing blocks.  This is a reversal from when BitAssets was launched with bitUSD a number of weeks back.  It is my understanding these delegates are controlled by or closely aligned with the core development team.  Please help me understand why these delegates are choosing to no longer provide price feeds.
They never did .. on purpose because they could (as they are held by one entity) manipulate the markets ..
remember that the market price at which shorts are executed is build from the MEDIAN of all price feeds .. 11 delegates can already influence that price.
Thus, DSL decided to not publish feeds and let others replace their spot over time

Offline Fox

BM said that he would vote down these delegates who don't provide feeds, however, not yet done that.

Currently there are 11 "init" delegates that are not producing blocks.  This is a reversal from when BitAssets was launched with bitUSD a number of weeks back.  It is my understanding these delegates are controlled by or closely aligned with the core development team.  Please help me understand why these delegates are choosing to no longer provide price feeds. 
Witness: fox

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
FYI, i will continue not including delegates into my slate if they do not publish feeds

BTS committee member:jademont