Author Topic: BitShares PLAY Game Tournament: Time to Vote on our first Tourny Game!  (Read 15424 times)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline mira

• View Profile

We desperately need more volunteers--what do you say?   ;D

What do you desperately need more volunteers for, exactly?  Transcriptions of the hangouts?  Or points of concern?

Any of that.

Noted.

Your quote brings to mind the poem Invictus:

Out of the night that covers me,
 Black as the pit from pole to pole,
 I thank whatever gods may be
 For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
 I have not winced nor cried aloud.
 Under the bludgeonings of chance
 My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
 Looms but the Horror of the shade,
 And yet the menace of the years
 Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
 How charged with punishments the scroll,
 I am the master of my fate,
 I am the captain of my soul.

:)

sumantso

I do not try to mislead Sumantso...only to help people's investments and to build a stronger community.  Trust me, I gain nothing out of running this stuff---literally.  I do it to help shareholders realize an increase in value for their investments and be given the opportunity to have a closer relationship with the developers in whose projects they are depending.

It was a broader you than you you. Personally, you are one of the few whose posts I look up (tonyk, BM being other notable mentions alongwith a few others).

Being volunteer is not an option right now, partly as I am hard pressed for time (otherwise I would've spent more time here and actually seen the Play snapshot announcement), and partly as I am debating whether to exit or at least dilute my position. While monetary reward was a big factor, the 'purist' vision of BM was the primary driver for me being interested in all these.

Thanks for your offer, though. Appreciate it.

Offline fuzzy

Now please vote on your weapon of choice Gladiators!

Offline fuzzy

What do you desperately need more volunteers for, exactly?  Transcriptions of the hangouts?  Or points of concern?

Any of that.  Transcripts of the hangouts are nice...writing your own journalistic content based on the hangout material is great...taking the content and editing/polishing to make your own "BitShares News" podcast would also be awesome.  Many different ways to help. 

It is easy to complain...trust  me I do plenty of it myself, but it is also necessary we actually try to do something about the things we are complaining about, or we are just contributing to the problem.

Quote from: Theodore Roosevelt
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Offline mira

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
In all fairness his hand was forced with the merger which only allowed two weeks till end of PTS days. So independent developer had to figure out a strategy which takes time. I think they did the right thing otherwise PTS would've tanked and would've hurt confidence a lot more. Just my opinion...

Offline fuzzy

If you listen to the last hangout with Hackfisher, you can see we voiced similar concern.  However, it seems Hackfisher was under the impression (imho, incorrectly) that it was only supposed to be announced 14 days in advance of the distribution announcement. 

I do not try to mislead Sumantso...only to help people's investments and to build a stronger community.  Trust me, I gain nothing out of running this stuff---literally.  I do it to help shareholders realize an increase in value for their investments and be given the opportunity to have a closer relationship with the developers in whose projects they are depending. 

I will tell you what though. If it concerns you, I would gladly tip you occasionally out of pocket to listen to the hangouts and provide a write-up for the community on any issues that you find concerning...

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:42:26 am by fuzzy »

sumantso

Wow, just found out that the 5th Nov PTS snapshot is going to be used to allot, and it was announced only on Nov 1st conveniently forgetting the 2 week rule.

Good work, you are all trying to outdo each other to try and destroy investor confidence. Keep it up!

Offline fuzzy