Author Topic: Rand Paul Coin wants to use DPoS  (Read 22231 times)

Offline fuzzy

Update: it seems cryptsy will likely be finished updating the wallet Thursday (today or next Thursday is not yet clear). 

So at the very least, they seem to at least be open to letting users withdraw.  More to come as it is given.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

How long will this be?  Cryptsy is almost as bad as mintpal imho...

I am almost of the belief that they should get one chance, or you push the button of bitshares community wrath.  I'd grudgingly (but gladly) sacrifice my 1400 RPC to make them do right by our community for once.  Let them feel like they got rich by screwing more of their customers over...eventually it will backfire.  Flex the damned bitshares muscles..

It is not only our community, btw. You will have a real hard time finding any coin that have not been screwed by Cryptsy...

Even better.  We eventually need to stand up for ourselves or we can expect to always live in the shadow of bitcoin and its masters. 

zerosum

I am almost of the belief that they should get one chance, or you push the button of bitshares community wrath.  I'd grudgingly (but gladly) sacrifice my 1400 RPC to make them do right by our community for once.  Let them feel like they got rich by screwing more of their customers over...eventually it will backfire.  Flex the damned bitshares muscles..

It is not only our community, btw. You will have a real hard time finding any coin that have not been screwed by Cryptsy...

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:43:22 am by fuzzy »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Who on here has withdrawn purchased RPC from Cryptsy and who has purchased coins but has the RPC stuck on Cryptsy? 

I'm trying to make reasonable plans and really need to know this information.

My plans will be explained once I make them but I need honest feedback on the situation.

I got 75% of my RPC off Cryptsy before they disabled withdrawals.

I'd much rather you postpone the snapshot until after Cryptsy opens up withdrawals.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline fuzzy

I have all my rpc (naively...perhaps stupidly) on cryptsy.  I actually thought they MIGHT do something good for their "customers" for once. No better than the mining cartels imho. 

I reached out to bter and btc38, though...so maybe the community can do me a favor and reach out to them and send them direct requests in pms here on the forums asking them to kindly open up an RPC market and also to keep the PTS market alive...it would be helpful. It seems the best way to get cryptsy to act ethically is to give our GROWING business to their competitors...if they have the foresight to see the opportunity, that is.

Offline ronpaulmoneyman

• View Profile
    • RonPaulMoney Site

Who on here has withdrawn purchased RPC from Cryptsy and who has purchased coins but has the RPC stuck on Cryptsy? 

I'm trying to make reasonable plans and really need to know this information.

My plans will be explained once I make them but I need honest feedback on the situation.

Offline fuzzy

You guys are up 300% on your investment now.

Buying a microscopic dose of Ron Paul coin...
Haha, throw 100 bucks in and you control 1% of the shares. This could be fun :)
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

It looks like the market thinks that the first D(deflationary)DPOS will actually be a profitable little brother of BitShares.  And what's more, it could be our dangerous Libertarian black sheep twin that takes the controversial political stance while we take the more politically correct route.  They can do BitBud and all of those off limits BitAssets that we don't want to vote for.

Rand Paul Coin - It's not your daddy's DPOS

Now everyone can be happy again.  We all get a stake in an inflationary DPOS, and a deflationary DPOS!

Somebody let the Chinese community know that the Deflationary version of BitShares might actually be launching, and that we all might be a part of history!  It looks like they are going to airdrop their DDPOS on BitShares holders, however, so those who sold might want to buy back in to get a piece of the DDPOS action.  Thirteen delegates may be few enough to be profitable at a fraction of our market cap and getting paid only with transaction fees. 

Rand Paul would be the first Senator with his own coin! and maybe (a) president (coin)!

If and only if he follows OUR vote!

I can't wait to vote on how we want out Senator to vote (represent us) in the Senate!

Thanks again to BM and the devs for bringing us back to the future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBw9E2Q_aY

(Hint: You especially want to mention this to their Chinese community or at least on the Chinese boards here.)

Those guys would literally burn their own money to reduce inflation.  :D

Who is this guy??  We must have a beer sometime...it would be delightful.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

It looks like the market thinks that the first D(deflationary)DPOS will actually be a profitable little brother of BitShares.  And what's more, it could be our dangerous Libertarian black sheep twin that takes the controversial political stance while we take the more politically correct route.  They can do BitBud and all of those off limits BitAssets that we don't want to vote for.
Is this a joke? Which exchange has this coin ?

No joke, but he's talking about RonPaulCoin. Cryptsy is the only exchange that has it, and they shut down deposits this morning for maintenance. So there are relatively few sellers and apparently enough buyers to cause a fantastic little bubble.

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/RPC_BTC
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

zerosum

It is not launched yet.  So no exchanges for now, is the last I have read.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
http://beta.slashdot.org/story/201499

Worth a read. 

On another note.  I just got done speaking with Ross Ulbricht's Mother and Father and they are looking to fund approximately $20k more toward Ross's Defense fund.  They are interested in meeting with our community in a hangout in the next couple weeks. 

I told them I have no power over the decision personally, but that our community is who they need to contact.  More later.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11201.0#new
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline fuzzy

http://beta.slashdot.org/story/201499

Worth a read. 

On another note.  I just got done speaking with Ross Ulbricht's Mother and Father and they are looking to fund approximately $20k more toward Ross's Defense fund.  They are interested in meeting with our community in a hangout in the next couple weeks. 

I told them I have no power over the decision personally, but that our community is who they need to contact.  More later.

Offline cryptocc

• View Profile

That is fine and dandy, but
A) the announcement has already been made and it looks unprofessional to alter something like the Name of the coin after the fact...sad but true.
B) Rand is going to be the next president...not Ron Paul.
   B1) Rand is likely playing poker in a game where he has seen his father fail for being too open about his leanings. 
   B2) Coupling donations to liberty-leaning causes that the younger generation believes in will help show support and give Rand more proof that he has backing from a very powerful liberty-minded constituency---worldwide. 
   B3) Using the name Ron Paul Coin invokes the history of a coin that utterly failed in the eyes of most. 
   B4) Getting Rand Paul in office means Ron Paul will be whispering in his ear.  It also means we have the best crypto Lobbyist in the world in our pocket.

I had no idea Rand Paul was going to be president. That is pretty interesting if true, and I admit I stopped watching television a long time ago, so perhaps the political landscape has changed quite a bit. Anyway, I have some RPC and will take the snapshot for whatever comes of it. ;) If Rand Paul is going to be president and is pro cryptos, that does change things.