Author Topic: Draft Pitch for new BitShares.org  (Read 11033 times)

Offline betax

• View Profile
+5% Looks good.  Not sure about the "loan" part though.  It will for sure increase the number of people that download and create an account...thinking that they can apply for a loan...but they may feel like they have been "baited and switched" unless their are plans to provide loan functionality, which would be awesome.

ditto
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline GaltReport

+5% Looks good.  Not sure about the "loan" part though.  It will for sure increase the number of people that download and create an account...thinking that they can apply for a loan...but they may feel like they have been "baited and switched" unless their are plans to provide loan functionality, which would be awesome.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:33:53 am by GaltReport »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Looks nice, but how about giving a rough estimate of what interest rate could be expected ?
You just can't as it mainly depends on the markets volumes

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Looks nice, but how about giving a rough estimate of what interest rate could be expected? This is the obvious question that would arise from claiming that its the best rate around.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:31:07 am by speedy »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Looks good.

It's an obvious point but one of the big liabilities is the user. BitShares needs to be foolproof not just fullproof. Given the complacency and competence of most potential users, I wonder that "Rest assured your money is safe" is not sufficient and there need to be clear statement about the responsibility the user has for their own wallet and explicit descriptions of what needs to be done to secure that - to the point of assuming they are not familiar with Bitcoin. Perhaps that is already the next step as they look into how to proceed.

I don't see why there needs to be a new Bitshares.org. Nothing is particularly wrong with the website except it maybe needs more social integration.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline davidpbrown

Looks good.

It's an obvious point but one of the big liabilities is the user. BitShares needs to be foolproof not just fullproof. Given the complacency and competence of most potential users, I wonder that "Rest assured your money is safe" is not sufficient and there need to be clear statement about the responsibility the user has for their own wallet and explicit descriptions of what needs to be done to secure that - to the point of assuming they are not familiar with Bitcoin. Perhaps that is already the next step as they look into how to proceed.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I'm not sure, but I could see some confusion coming from the whole "loan" / "lending" terminology. I don't think that all users are aware how lending is connected to creation of USD or bitUSD. That might give some people the idea that we have something implemented like the lending DAC functionality.

julian1

Yes, excellent.

Simple visual images + accompanying feature statement.

And pegged assets get prominance right at the top.

The only bit missing is confirmation speed. But that's already available with debit/credit cards/paypal and therefore doesn't need to be listed as an advantage. Bitcoin/pow are kind of the exception in being so ridiculously slow.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% awesome .. looking forward to help with a german translation

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Glad to realize some of the benefits from all that has been going on the past couple  weeks.  Its quite obvious that is a better webpage for the most basic landing page.  Few words.  Simple.  Nothing misleading.   People should be able to get 90% of the point within moments.

+6%
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:18:55 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bytemaster

I put this together as a PDF... CASS and Brian are working to tweak it and provide images/color/etc.... the idea is that this pitch will be the front and center of bitshares.org.

http://bitshares.org/BitSharesPitch.pdf

At the end of the pitch will be a "Download App"  and "Deposit Funds" link that will walk the user step by step through the process of getting funds.

We are working on a similar pitch for merchants.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.