Author Topic: John Underwood Visit  (Read 44181 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
and so it begins....

Offline yellowecho

Absolutely fantastic news!  Looking forward to a long a beautiful business relationship with Mr. Underwood and team :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Count me in the "wow" column.

+5%

Offline GaltReport

Nice! My wife is from Philippines and thus we have a lot of friends/relatives there as well.  It seems all of them are sending $$$ back to PI.  It would be cool if they could start sending BitUSD!!  Maybe get point-of-sale systems in some of the Filipino stores that cater to the expat community here.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
let's improve this business and make good use of BTS und bitUSD etc.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Anyone know if this is a plan for a new Dapp, or if it will just work within the existing system?

A company will be using BitUSD for remittances.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline matador123

• View Profile
Anyone know if this is a plan for a new Dapp, or if it will just work within the existing system?

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5% +5% +5%

This is like poetic justice for me... having tried, unsuccessfully, to convince my dad to by stock in Sun Microsystems in early 1995...

Go team go! :)

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Just to be clear for my understanding... Mr. Underwood's company (Remitabit?) will be utilizing Bitshares in some way shape or form? :)

Offline fuzzy

Holy Moly!  Small world I suppose...

I didn't know you were the CEO of Sun Microsystems' Australia when we were talking on "the wasteland" that is G+!  Now things are starting to make sense...

Maybe when you are comfortable with where your project is moving, you might be interested in having a little hangout with the community so we can all get to know you a little better?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:43:37 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone

I am really pleased to reveal our presence, here are a few things that spring to mind after my two full days visiting Dan, Stan and the team...

The guys are real, humble, confident and decisive. It is clear that we can look forward to a genuine relationship with genuine people.

There is a pragmatism and competence that results in deliverables.

The respect, patience and thinking displayed, exceeded expectations.

We will begin to post on a regular basis and explain our plans but I will end by saying we took nearly a year to get to where we are, we are experienced and execution focused and we needed to believe first and foremost in a business model combined with suitable technology that would scale and dominate the remittance space.

We are intent on building a long term business and we have a clear view on how to make it happen, consequently choosing the tech and team was a big decision as the choice must support the business for years to come.

We are really comfortable that we can work with Dan, the team and the community to realise our goals and we will be here now and in the future to jointly fight the battles and build better software in order to further the potential of the Bitshares platform.

Take and care and we look forward to working with you all, this is the beginning of a very serious business.

John Underwood aka underwun
Welcome on board John ....  +5%
if you need anything gfx related pls don't hesitate to contact me anytime ...

cheers
cass
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Remittances are an awesome use case. Can you imagine? Working a menial low-paying job for your family back home who are suffering, and then after taxes and living expenses, a wealthy private company like western union will take a huge cut of the little that remains just for transfer.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is very, very exciting!  Thank you John for choosing to partner with Bitshares, and to Dan and the rest of the team for making this happen!

Remittances is a huge use case for crypto and we just got in on it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads