Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105308 times)

Offline svk

It's weird that all the information on your website can not be displayed properly. Basically, only the title of each window can be displayed, but no data, no matter how many times refreshes.   
It has been like this for two days, and I know I am not alone.

That is surprising, this is from inside China? Do you have any errors in your browser console? Can you give me the result of "tracert api.bitsharesblocks.com" under Windows or "traceroute api.bitsharesblocks.com" under Linux?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
It's weird that all the information on your website can not be displayed properly. Basically, only the title of each window can be displayed, but no data, no matter how many times refreshes.   

Working fine with me

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline svk

I found an error on bitsharesblocks. When you go to "assets" and click on an asset it shows Buy BitBTS, Sell BitBTS, Short BitBTS instead of the actual asset.

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

Thanks, I actually literally just fixed that 5 minutes ago on my end, will push it sometime later today :)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I found an error on bitsharesblocks. When you go to "assets" and click on an asset it shows Buy BitBTS, Sell BitBTS, Short BitBTS instead of the actual asset.

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
why dont you use a free CDN they do colocation for you and even optimize via sending diffs of code

For the API? The website itself uses Cloudflare CDN.
Can the servers not run thru cdn's for the apis?

CDNs are generally for static content though, I have dynamic content refreshing at 10s intervals so I'm not sure that could work. I did some more research and looks like some of the "next-gen" CDNs offer caching of dynamic content, I'll look into it some more to see if it's possible to use that instead.
Can use nginx with varnish cache to cache even dynamic content.. crowdflare has that code diff thing it will send only changes in output so might be something to look into,? Supposidly increases speed by 10x
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline svk

why dont you use a free CDN they do colocation for you and even optimize via sending diffs of code

CDNs are generally for static content though, I have dynamic content refreshing at 10s intervals so I'm not sure that could work. I did some more research and looks like some of the "next-gen" CDNs offer caching of dynamic content, I'll look into it some more to see if it's possible to use that instead.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline svk

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline svk

It may soon be Chistmas but I'm still working :)

I've been working on setting up two new api servers, one in the US for us westerners, one in Singapore for the easterners. As part of that process I've also rewritten parts of the backend code to improve various aspects. That process is now done and I've pushed an update to the frontend that now uses the new api servers. Those servers use port 80 so for those who had issues using the site because of blocked access to the api port, those issues should now be gone. I'll get around to adding https access after Christmas most likely.

I've also included a small update to the blocks overview: a new column showing what types of transactions were included in that block.

If you encounter any issues with the new api servers please let me know, if you're in Asia or Australia I'd also be interested in your feedback on the performance: is it better now than before?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline svk

angular is broke on my iphone

I don't have one but it works fine on my Android phone, did you try to refresh?
Yup its broken on my iphone 4...I dont think you defined react.js properly.. did you try to define it in angular somehow as a dependency? On my phone debug i gdt a react undefined and an angular dependency load error

Very strange, my react implementation is purely in javascript (no JSX) with the react source files loaded from cdn. Considering how it runs fine on all other browsers I'd say it's more likely an iOS/Safari quirk though, and I don't have access to an iPhone to debug this.
Theres gotta be a emulator out there to trst it.. infact I used this one:http://spoon.net/browsers/

Only works on windows unfortunately..

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Yup its broken on my iphone 4...I dont think you defined react.js properly.. did you try to define it in angular somehow as a dependency? On my phone debug i gdt a react undefined and an angular dependency load error

Very strange, my react implementation is purely in javascript (no JSX) with the react source files loaded from cdn. Considering how it runs fine on all other browsers I'd say it's more likely an iOS/Safari quirk though, and I don't have access to an iPhone to debug this.
Theres gotta be a emulator out there to trst it.. infact I used this one:http://spoon.net/browsers/

Offline svk

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile