Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105267 times)

Offline jamesc

Congratulations on your delegate!

Offline jamesc

Thanks I've had my eye on reactjs.  In the web wallet, we are adding an observer pattern to reduce redundant RPC calls.   Once that is fixed, it will be great to see how it reactjs can help.

Offline svk

I've just pushed a IMO awesome update to the delegates page of bitsharesblocks. What I've done is replaced angular with react.js for the rendering of the table, this speeds up the DOM creation immensely. While adding all 1000 delegates used to take 2-3 seconds to load at least, it's now on the order of 2-300 ms, which is faster than the time angular took to render the active delegates only. Using only the active delegates it now feels really snappy, sorting for instance is now instant! :) This means I can also add back in filtering similar to how the wallet does it, I'd removed it for being too slow with angular..

I'll be applying react wherever I think it might be beneficial in the site over the next couple days. I think this might have potential for the wallet too, I'll have to play around with to see the results.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Thank you and i'll vote for you.

I like your - Add inflation tracking for BTS addition.

Keep up the good work and thank you.  +5% +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

just wanted to say that your new logo is awesome !!!!
 +5% +5% +5%

Thanks, I agree :) All credit to abelljefrry who made it!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
just wanted to say that your new logo is awesome !!!!
 +5% +5% +5%

Offline svk

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
 +5% good job! let's do some work :D

Offline svk

My delegate is now LIVE, thanks everyone and especially BM for the support!! :)

Offline svk

Can you display the result of "blockchain_get_account_wall" for accounts?

You can view an example with the "angel" account.

Done, it's live but flush your browser cache to see it:

http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=angel

I also took the opportunity to add whether an account is a delegate or not, both on the accounts overview and with a link on the individual page. It wasn't there before because that info is not available in the blockchain_get_account api call.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline svk

How much time would you commit to what you laid out in the OP per week (roughly)?

And would it be possible to get a USD/bitUSD chart on bitsharesblocks.com, respectively a feed bitusd chart?

Good question! I mentioned in another post that I've arranged with my job to drop down to an 80% position, starting in January. That's in order to have more time to work on Bitshares related stuff. I'm also spending all my evenings working on this, as it happens my gf is having to live in another city for work for a while (3 years) so I'm free to do what I want on the evenings! I also tend to work quite a lot on the weekends, especially early mornings and Sunday evenings.

The rough calculation is about 4-5 hours per day Monday to Thursday, then at least 10 hours on Fridays starting in January, and another 4-5 hours per day on weekends.

That adds up to around 30-40 hours. That doesn't count all the time I spend on the forums during the day at work either ;)

I'll see about adding that chart, I'll add it to the issues on my new github page.

Offline svk

Can you display the result of "blockchain_get_account_wall" for accounts?

You can view an example with the "angel" account.

Definitely, the account page needs more info anyway but I hadn't noticed that command.

I'll add it tonight.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
How much time would you commit to what you laid out in the OP per week (roughly)?

And would it be possible to get a USD/bitUSD chart on bitsharesblocks.com, respectively a feed bitusd chart?