Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105264 times)

Offline svk

I published price feeds but it is not reflected on the bitsharesblocks. Can you check it?
Feeds only work for standby delegates starting in v0.4.25, you'll see them once we're upgraded.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I published price feeds but it is not reflected on the bitsharesblocks. Can you check it?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline 21xhipster

First of all i propose to split Assets section into two section: bitAssets and Assets (or whatever you like) due to the different needs of information and its structure.
What i need as asset issuer:
1. Asset description - there is no data from "data" field.
2. Market info - its already comprehensive but lifetime trade volume is critical for due diligence of asset.
3. Shareholders info and analytics of asset. Nobody want to invest to asset if shareholders structure not discoverable. That is simple rich list as implemented in Next blocks. If you'll add distribution graph like you've implemented for Bitshares holders - awesome!
4. Transaction info and analytics of asset. Transaction analytics is the most critical part. No transactions - asset is dead. Number and volume for different periods (day, week, month, lifetime). List of transactions will allow to work as blockexplorer for particular asset.
That's just the most needed features! Thanks!

And by the way: Why you still didn't issue asset for you project? I would put some BTS into it! NXT dev boom happens only because every infrastructure project begin to use UIA... That is definitely best practise and i believe that it could work for opensource projects if you'll define social consensus for your repository. Any project build with your code could sharedrop to bitsharesblock holders for instance 20%, or less, or more. Just define, issue asset and put it to the market! If you'll want to appreciate me with some BTSBLCKS for an idea - thats cool and personally me will be more motivated and involved into project as far as other shareholders! I can subsidise 500 BTS for asset issuance from cyber•Fund team.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:21:46 am by 21xhipster »
https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline 21xhipster

@svk
I have some questions:
1. User assets trading volumes doesn't show actual information. Bug or feature? Check - CSHARES have volume, but doesn't reflected.
2. Do you know where could be find comprehensive information about user issued assets? Do you have plans for expanding feature?
3. When are you going to opensource your awesome project?

I just pushed some improvements to the user issued assets. On the overview page they're now sorted first by the ones that are initialized, I've added  a column in the table to show this.

Secondly I removed shorts from the individual asset pages since if I'm not mistaken you can't short user issued assets. Finally I fixed several small bugs that were preventing the order book from displaying properly, issuer accounts to be fetched and several other small things.

Should be more useful now!

Thanks for your improvements! Open source is need to make collaboration on improvements easier. Waiting. I have a lot of ideas how to improve UIA. We are concentrating on UIA in different protocols so we've gather some real world cases. I'll post later.

Offline svk

@svk
I have some questions:
1. User assets trading volumes doesn't show actual information. Bug or feature? Check - CSHARES have volume, but doesn't reflected.
2. Do you know where could be find comprehensive information about user issued assets? Do you have plans for expanding feature?

I just pushed some improvements to the user issued assets. On the overview page they're now sorted first by the ones that are initialized, I've added  a column in the table to show this.

Secondly I removed shorts from the individual asset pages since if I'm not mistaken you can't short user issued assets. Finally I fixed several small bugs that were preventing the order book from displaying properly, issuer accounts to be fetched and several other small things.

Should be more useful now!

Offline svk

@svk
I have some questions:

I'm using "blockchain_market_price_history" to calculate the volume and it's not returning any transactions for CSHARES vs BTS. What's the base asset in which there's volume for CSHARES?

I think my site's the most comprehensive there is at the moment apart from the wallet itself. If you have any requests for things to add I'll be happy to hear it, I've not been focusing much on user assets I must admit.

Open-sourcing will come before the end of the month as promised in the OP, I hope to dedicate some time to preparing that once I'm home for Christmas holidays.

Offline 21xhipster

@svk
I have some questions:

Offline svk

I've just pushed a IMO awesome update to the delegates page of bitsharesblocks. What I've done is replaced angular with react.js for the rendering of the table, this speeds up the DOM creation immensely. While adding all 1000 delegates used to take 2-3 seconds to load at least, it's now on the order of 2-300 ms, which is faster than the time angular took to render the active delegates only. Using only the active delegates it now feels really snappy, sorting for instance is now instant! :) This means I can also add back in filtering similar to how the wallet does it, I'd removed it for being too slow with angular..

I'll be applying react wherever I think it might be beneficial in the site over the next couple days. I think this might have potential for the wallet too, I'll have to play around with to see the results.
There is a reason for this... You should probably figure out the real bug... are u sure react.js will be a good path going fwd? Consider angular 2.0 think about mvc?

Its the watches that slow you down like i said before. So you must use less watches and have smarter refreshes. Angular should not be much slower at dom manipulation than anything else if done right.
I realize it's the watches but I've done a lot of investigation into angular performance and was never able to find a solution to this. Bindonce doesn't work for example since the order of the table can change and bindonce won't allow that.

From what I can tell this is a well-known limitation of angular when dealing with large tables of data, and using react was a very easy way to increase performance by a factor of 10.

If you have any ideas I'd be happy to try em out though, you've got a lot more experience with this kind of thing than me. I'm on Skype as svk31 if you use that!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I've just pushed a IMO awesome update to the delegates page of bitsharesblocks. What I've done is replaced angular with react.js for the rendering of the table, this speeds up the DOM creation immensely. While adding all 1000 delegates used to take 2-3 seconds to load at least, it's now on the order of 2-300 ms, which is faster than the time angular took to render the active delegates only. Using only the active delegates it now feels really snappy, sorting for instance is now instant! :) This means I can also add back in filtering similar to how the wallet does it, I'd removed it for being too slow with angular..

I'll be applying react wherever I think it might be beneficial in the site over the next couple days. I think this might have potential for the wallet too, I'll have to play around with to see the results.
There is a reason for this... You should probably figure out the real bug... are u sure react.js will be a good path going fwd? Consider angular 2.0 think about mvc?

Its the watches that slow you down like i said before. So you must use less watches and have smarter refreshes. Angular should not be much slower at dom manipulation than anything else if done right.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile