Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105419 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline svk

Can you add the "current inflation rate (year)" as a graphics ...
it should be something along the line of graphic "TOTAL SUPPLY OF BTS" .. just a derivative over time and normalized for 365 days ..

That would be a great figure for investors
Good idea, I was actually planning to refactor the charts page later today, I'll see if I can add this while I'm at it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can you add the "current inflation rate (year)" as a graphics ...
it should be something along the line of graphic "TOTAL SUPPLY OF BTS" .. just a derivative over time and normalized for 365 days ..

That would be a great figure for investors

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The BURN-BOX most times(?) don't appear at all at the bottom... only the first line... :(

Code: [Select]
Block number Account Name Amount Message

I just pushed a small update to the api server and that restarts the nodejs server, you may just have tried to load it at that time.

seems ok now  ;)

Offline svk

The BURN-BOX most times(?) don't appear at all at the bottom... only the first line... :(

I just pushed a small update to the api server and that restarts the nodejs server, you may just have tried to load it at that time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline svk

First off - great site svk!!!

Several minor issues:

- Prices for Bid/Ask/Short are in BTSper asset (USD,CNY,BTC), but the feed price is in USD/BTS;
Example Bid 19500, Ask 20600 feed price 0.0005

- You display the average feed price now - not very useful info. Can you display the median feed price - the actual price used for shorting etc.

- At least when using the I explorer browser, if you leave the page for a while it reloads some old state of the database- I mean the order-book  -  bid ask and short orders. If you do not get what I mean I can probably post some snapshots.

Thanks.

Thank you. I've kept the feed price like that because that's how we enter it in the client, but I suppose it might be more appropriate at least on the individual asset pages to have it in the same sense as the rest of the price data.

You're right about the average feed, good catch, I used to have the median but the source I was using got removed from the rpc output so I switched to the average and never fixed it. I believe they added a new RPC call for that so I'll see if i can just use that, if not I'll calculate it correctly.

TBH I've never done anything to account for IE bugs, I never use it myself and generally don't think people should. Is it on a recent version of IE you're seeing that bug?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can you add the ability to fetch the BTC address for the BTS Public Key under an accounts Active Key History and then provide a JSON RPC API that will allow people to lookup Bitcoin addresses for people that have registered accounts on BTS?   Perhaps have an option to return the address in several of the top crypto currencies. 

This way people can use our ID system for all crypto platforms and easily share it with people.

This is better accomplished by writing a standard spec for users to specify addresses for other cryptos in public data or object graph.

Importing the same private key into N different cryptocoin clients means that all of the different cryptos owned by that key will be lost if any of the clients that has that key is compromised.

My worry is that some of the more obscure altcoins may not have enough eyes on their source to avoid key stealing back doors.  And the more we encourage behaviors that require people to re-use the same keys in multiple clients, the more potentially lucrative the attack vector would become.

You might be able to use Diffie-Hellman to take a user's public key K and the name of the altcoin, say N = "DOGE", and determine some new pubkey K' = f(K, N), then K' is your Doge key.  Clearly you can get the private key for K' if you have the private key for K -- that's kind of the point of this whole construction.  But if you can "go backwards", i.e. get the private key for K from the private key for K', then it defeats the purpose (compromising your Doge private key gives the attacker enough to derive your BTS private key).  I'd have to study ECDH in detail for a while to figure out if "going backwards" is possible or not.
+5%

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
First off - great site svk!!!

Several minor issues:

- Prices for Bid/Ask/Short are in BTSper asset (USD,CNY,BTC), but the feed price is in USD/BTS;
Example Bid 19500, Ask 20600 feed price 0.0005

- You display the average feed price now - not very useful info. Can you display the median feed price - the actual price used for shorting etc.

- At least when using the I explorer browser, if you leave the page for a while it reloads some old state of the database- I mean the order-book  -  bid ask and short orders. If you do not get what I mean I can probably post some snapshots.

Thanks.

Offline theoretical

Can you add the ability to fetch the BTC address for the BTS Public Key under an accounts Active Key History and then provide a JSON RPC API that will allow people to lookup Bitcoin addresses for people that have registered accounts on BTS?   Perhaps have an option to return the address in several of the top crypto currencies. 

This way people can use our ID system for all crypto platforms and easily share it with people.

This is better accomplished by writing a standard spec for users to specify addresses for other cryptos in public data or object graph.

Importing the same private key into N different cryptocoin clients means that all of the different cryptos owned by that key will be lost if any of the clients that has that key is compromised.

My worry is that some of the more obscure altcoins may not have enough eyes on their source to avoid key stealing back doors.  And the more we encourage behaviors that require people to re-use the same keys in multiple clients, the more potentially lucrative the attack vector would become.

You might be able to use Diffie-Hellman to take a user's public key K and the name of the altcoin, say N = "DOGE", and determine some new pubkey K' = f(K, N), then K' is your Doge key.  Clearly you can get the private key for K' if you have the private key for K -- that's kind of the point of this whole construction.  But if you can "go backwards", i.e. get the private key for K from the private key for K', then it defeats the purpose (compromising your Doge private key gives the attacker enough to derive your BTS private key).  I'd have to study ECDH in detail for a while to figure out if "going backwards" is possible or not.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Sure, is there a way to generate those addresses with the client? Or as part of bitshares-js? If not I believe Xeroc wrote something like that in python.
You can take a look at the genbtskey.py script in pytshares .. its quite easy to do .. for altcoins you need a different version prefix instead of 0

:if you need assitance just send me a pm

Offline svk

Sure, is there a way to generate those addresses with the client? Or as part of bitshares-js? If not I believe Xeroc wrote something like that in python.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

What is the difference between the BTSX and the BTS genesis blocks?

http://bitsharesblocks.com/genesis-btsx
http://bitsharesblocks.com/genesis-bts

The BTSX genesis block is the original block used for the launch of BTSX. The BTS genesis block is the one used to launch BTS, and is a snapshot of of BTSX distribution at that time as well as the allocations to DNS/PTS/AGS/VOTE.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi