Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 105495 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
The website has been loading really slow for me lately. I am using firefox and it freezes up when I try to clicking on the navigation tabs.

I'm using Firefox at work on a really slow machine and it works fine, except for the Transactions tab under Charts -> General. Looks like Firefox has some performance issues with highcharts, I've been looking into it but haven't found any magic pills yet.

Can you be a bit more specific please? Specs of your computer, OS, internet connection speed, and where exactly you see the issue? Is it all the tabs?

Yeah its the charts. It seems to become slow/crash when it tries to load them on the "General" charts section.

Can you try it again please? You'll need to refresh the site to get the latest updates. I rewrote the backend part that prepares the data for these charts yesterday so that you now need to load far less data for these charts. On my own computer it no longer freezes thanks to this.

+5% It loads fine now for me. Thanks!
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline svk

svk,

You can improve your seo a lot (and increase organic traffic) by fixing this issue:

The title and description is identical on all of your pages. Unique titles (especially) and descriptions that match the content of each page are recommended.
  <title>BitsharesBlocks - Bitshares Blockchain Explorer and Delegates Info</title>
  <meta name="description" content="Bitshares Block Explorer, Delegates Listing, Assets Overview. Realtime updates, block search, asset information for the next-gen 2.0 crypto Bitshares"></head>

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can add that later today!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mint chocolate chip

svk,

You can improve your seo a lot (and increase organic traffic) by fixing this issue:

The title and description is identical on all of your pages. Unique titles (especially) and descriptions that match the content of each page are recommended.
  <title>BitsharesBlocks - Bitshares Blockchain Explorer and Delegates Info</title>
  <meta name="description" content="Bitshares Block Explorer, Delegates Listing, Assets Overview. Realtime updates, block search, asset information for the next-gen 2.0 crypto Bitshares"></head>

Offline svk

The website has been loading really slow for me lately. I am using firefox and it freezes up when I try to clicking on the navigation tabs.

I'm using Firefox at work on a really slow machine and it works fine, except for the Transactions tab under Charts -> General. Looks like Firefox has some performance issues with highcharts, I've been looking into it but haven't found any magic pills yet.

Can you be a bit more specific please? Specs of your computer, OS, internet connection speed, and where exactly you see the issue? Is it all the tabs?

Yeah its the charts. It seems to become slow/crash when it tries to load them on the "General" charts section.

Can you try it again please? You'll need to refresh the site to get the latest updates. I rewrote the backend part that prepares the data for these charts yesterday so that you now need to load far less data for these charts. On my own computer it no longer freezes thanks to this.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:56:05 pm by matt608 »

Offline svk

I don't like the flipped output of pricefeeds, I preferred it like it was since that is the way we make the input.... for example  0.011 USD

Active feeds: 83
Average Feed Price: 92.73 BTS/USD
Median Feed Price: 91.24 BTS/USD

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

You still have that on the overview page though, I preferred having all the prices consistent basically.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I don't like the flipped output of pricefeeds, I preferred it like it was since that is the way we make the input.... for example  0.011 USD

Active feeds: 83
Average Feed Price: 92.73 BTS/USD
Median Feed Price: 91.24 BTS/USD

http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

Offline svk

Can you add the "current inflation rate (year)" as a graphics ...
it should be something along the line of graphic "TOTAL SUPPLY OF BTS" .. just a derivative over time and normalized for 365 days ..

That would be a great figure for investors

I've added this instead of the supply change chart, the scale on that chart was so big it was useless anyway. You can find it under Charts -> General -> SUPPLY CHARTS. I'm using a very simple formula of (supply_day_1-supply_day_0) / (time_day_1-time_day_0) * 1*year. It seems to give reasonable results, but I'm open to modifications.

I've also updated Bitsharesblocks to v0.5.0. As some of the fields in the transaction structure of the client have been changed I also needed to update some of my transaction handling on the front-end. If you're getting errors browsing through blocks or not seeing the total value in a block this is why, it means you need to refresh the site to get the new version.

Offline svk

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

Offline svk

What is this message all about? 

S_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED: Persistent storage maximum size reached

Ouch, looks like I'm storing too much data using local storage, did not think I would get there that fast! If you're on Chrome it's easy to clear it: right click anywhere then click on inspect element, then go to "resources" and "local storage". You can delete anything from bitsharesblocks, it's safe.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
What is this message all about? 

S_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED: Persistent storage maximum size reached

Offline wackou

Suggested feature:
Automatic checkpoints.json export from website.

+5% that would be really nice
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Suggested feature:
Automatic checkpoints.json export from website.