Author Topic: ShapeShift useful for bitUSD?  (Read 30237 times)

Offline leroy

• View Profile
This is quit impressive.
BTS volume on bter went from a 60ish btc a day, to 180 now.

I think that was due to the more than 1.5 million share dump that happened, not to shapeshift.  (Unless someone used shapeshift to dump). 

The price was at 4700 and there was some of the biggest buywalls under the price that I've ever seen on bter (two 500k+ walls).  And there was practically no shares for sale at all, and then some guy decided to set fire to it all by dumping it straight down to 4200.

I cant wait until the people who were upset by the november changes have finished selling all their BTS.

They dumped down to 4210, not 4200, which is why one of my walls is still there. I caught the last dump down to 4250 perfectly.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:06:19 pm by leroy »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I saw about $60 worth of NXT was ShapeShifted into BTS!
I'm imagining someone changing some of their NXT so thay can try out Bitshares.
The convenience offered by ShapeShift can bring in new people who otherwise may not have bothered - excellent!
This is a bit of an on-ramp...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
This is quit impressive.

I think that was due to the more than 1.5 million share dump that happened, not to shapeshift.  (Unless someone used shapeshift to dump). 

The price was at 4700 and there was some of the biggest buywalls under the price that I've ever seen on bter (two 500k+ walls).  And there was practically no shares for sale at all, and then some guy decided to set fire to it all by dumping it straight down to 4200.

I cant wait until the people who were upset by the november changes have finished selling all their BTS.

If they were big AGS holders they still have a lot of selling to do thanks to the November changes.

Having said that all the merger shares that were made available with 0.5 didn't have as big of a price negative effect as I expected so that's promising.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is quit impressive.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile

This is brilliant,  +5%

Now if they can add bitEURO and bitCNY as well, maybe even bitGOLD, then they'll have a full pseudo-fiat <=> BTC service :)

+5%

BitGold and BitSilver and other BitAssets on ShapeShift = Game Changer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
This is quit impressive.

+5% Very interesting.

Offline graffenwalder

This is quit impressive.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline svk

@ wasthatawolf      thanks for clearing that up

@deprdoo     watch the transactions at bter and shapshift, you'll see the same orders at the same time

@donkeypong      +5% it's exactly what we need right now. Just saying what it is
I was wondering how they were getting their bitUSD and BTS!

So next step would be to have them use the DEX instead, now that would be cool!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline graffenwalder

@ wasthatawolf      thanks for clearing that up

@deprdoo     watch the transactions at bter and shapshift, you'll see the same orders at the same time

@donkeypong      +5% it's exactly what we need right now. Just saying what it is

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
We need a number of these options, decentralized or not. They will help people access BitShares and help us get off the ground. Later on, we let the market decide who has the fairest and most affordable model.

deprdoo

http://delegate.ninja/compareusd/

For a quick dollar to dollar comparison with the centralized competition...
Shapeshift adding us is great.
But how is it decentralized?
I see them using bter to buy and sell BTS and bitusd.

How would they use bter if at this moment in time shapeshift price is 0.00004323 yet the lowest ask on bter is 0.0000456? Wouldn't they lose a lot doing this?

Offline wasthatawolf

The comparison is between Bitreserve USD and Bitshares USD

Shapeshift is just the conduit

deprdoo

I sent the limit amount of 0.5381 btc and it sent it back to me saying it was over the limit. It still says the limit is 0.5381 btc.

Rounding error maybe, try 0.53 rather to be safe.

And I just realized with that one comment that I revealed way too much personal information.

Shapeshift is pretty great though. I won't miss giving bter a 1% cut. My other transactions were flawless and almost instant. There is a lot of value in this tool.

Offline graffenwalder