Author Topic: Zach Lym ("indolering"), Namecoin core dev, visiting BTS team for trial week.  (Read 11131 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
YES.

Poach all of the devs.

I want to see a Zach Lym paid delegate in our future.  (And on that note, can we please elect Toast and the other core devs already?  Seriously everyone!)

Today it is a namecoin dev.

Next year hopefully it will be people named Vitalik and Gavin. ;)   
This is the power of paid delegates.

+5% +5% +5% Ditto 
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
+5% Besides BitAssets, I was most excited about the prospect of DNS. Censorship resistant domains are an absolute MUST.

+5% +5% +5%  many communities suffer with this, DNS is worthy of our support.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
@toast

we are nice to anybody  :o , who is willing to increase the marketcap!

i hope Zach enjoys his time with you guys and it would be good if you will find similar goals and we can join forces.

Offline Overthetop

I only want to say ,this kind of thing is : +5%.

After the merger , BTS is becoming  more attractive to excellent devs to work together for the whole picture.

Personally , have better feelings about things going around rightnow.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Thom

+5% Besides BitAssets, I was most excited about the prospect of DNS. Censorship resistant domains are an absolute MUST.

I COMPLETLY agree. It's how I got involved with crypto back in April. Namecoin was the first cryptocoin I owned.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline fuzzy

There is also the possibility that he gets to know your operation behind the scene--the strengths and weaknesses and uses it to one-up bitshares....and gets paid for it.  Like toast said, there is a range of potential outcomes.

Not saying this to be negative but to try to temper expectations. I learned that the hard way after thinking it was almost certain overstock would go with bitshares tech for their exchange...due in large part to the long, free consultation meetings invictus had held with them behind the scenes. We see where that went :P

That said, it is an open source movement so it should be interesting to see how it unfolds!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:00:29 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TurkeyLeg

Anyone else feeling the shift this past week? So many great things coming together, congrats!

Absolutely! Feeling very positive that a few weeks after the merger, we are seeing significant movement by the outstanding team and community supporting BitShares.

For a very short period of time earlier this month I had some concerns about what the next tangible actions would be; now my optimism about this project is at an all time high. The feeling of being the unknown underdog is so excitingly fun and bullish, I am pumped!

It's not just about making money and I hope we all know that by now - thank you for those of you working so hard day and night to make it a reality! The BitShares community is challenging the status quo and I am just so happy to be a part of it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
YES.

Poach all of the devs.

I want to see a Zach Lym paid delegate in our future.  (And on that note, can we please elect Toast and the other core devs already?  Seriously everyone!)

Today it is a namecoin dev.

Next year hopefully it will be people named Vitalik and Gavin. ;)   
This is the power of paid delegates.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:24:35 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Easy to use decentralized DNS is going to be such a huge achievement. Would be awesome if it ended up coming packaged with the bitshares full node, then using .p2p domains within the bitshares community would be almost as convenient as regular domain names since I think most of us already has it installed on our main machines.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Anyone else feeling the shift this past week? So many great things coming together, congrats!
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Zach is a skilled usability engineer who is passionate about Namecoin and decentralized DNS and identity. Anyone who cares about blockchain + internet infrastructure should know who Zach is.

I am spending the remainder of the private DNS fund plus a bit of my own money to bring Zach to VA for a trial week in early January, much like we did with dbrock and drltc.

This trial week will be paid work, he will probably attack low-hanging fruit in our wallet usability. But the real purpose of the visit is to see how well we get along philosophically, brainstorm ideas for how we can keep supporting Zach's work in a way that benefits BTS, and lay out what needs to get done for decentralized DNS to become a reality.

Don't get too excited, there is still a huge spectrum of possible outcomes here. But poaching a namecoin core dev to work on a BTS DNS sidechain may just be one of them, so let's all be nice to Zach =D
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.