Author Topic: Why did bitUSD see negative growth when BTS jumped?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
What kind of negative growth do you mean? The float actually increased by about 70 thousand due to the short wall bumping into the buy orders.

If you are referring to the 0.82 USD/BitUSD on coinmarketcap I think that is because they calculate that price using various other ratios like BTS/USD, BTS/BitUSD, BTS/BTC and BTS/CNY. If some of those trades are a few hours it will mess things up.

If anything then BitUSD was actually trading above parity because the internal short wall ran dry.

Okay, this would make sense.

Checking bitsharesblocks it seems like its actually pretty good http://bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

I guess we need our own charts, like ripplecharts maybe. It's really bad if CMC shows wrong data.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
There is a negative correlation between bitUSD and BTS. It's pretty simple to see. BTS goes up, less people want bitUSD. Owning bitUSD means you are bearish on BTS in general.

Right, but that shouldn't cause bitusd/usd to change.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/bitusd/#markets

It looks like its based on the DEX. I guess we just have to wait and it will self correct.

Ggozzo

There is a negative correlation between bitUSD and BTS. It's pretty simple to see. BTS goes up, less people want bitUSD. Owning bitUSD means you are bearish on BTS in general.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
What kind of negative growth do you mean? The float actually increased by about 70 thousand due to the short wall bumping into the buy orders.

If you are referring to the 0.82 USD/BitUSD on coinmarketcap I think that is because they calculate that price using various other ratios like BTS/USD, BTS/BitUSD, BTS/BTC and BTS/CNY. If some of those trades are a few hours it will mess things up.

If anything then BitUSD was actually trading above parity because the internal short wall ran dry.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
This really puzzles me, I expected it would go the other way. Maybe people sold bitUSD to join the pump?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:39:36 am by Rune »