Author Topic: Feeds - why do you vote for delegates without feeds?  (Read 6098 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Riverhead has helped me set up price feeds, once elected my delegate will start publishing price feeds straight away.  I will make sure it stays that way.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
 +5%  Totally agree Shentist.   This is very important stuff.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok, yes sry... my delegate is running as helper delegate maintained by Helloword team ... i've contacted them to add price feeds .. pls be a bit more patient unitl you start downvoting ... this would be great ---
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:38:13 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

Feeds are updated every 2 minutes so should be. However you can only publish feeds once you're in the top 101.

Hmm, so this is a kind of catch22 for new delegates. We can't tell if standby delegates are publishing feeds until we make them actual delegates!

Yep, always thought that was a bit of a shame myself. @Bytemaster would it possible to let standby delegates publish feeds as well? Even if they did so only once per day it would at least let them show the world that they are ready and setup for publishing feeds, would help in standby delegate selection.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Feeds are updated every 2 minutes so should be. However you can only publish feeds once you're in the top 101.

Hmm, so this is a kind of catch22 for new delegates. We can't tell if standby delegates are publishing feeds until we make them actual delegates!
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline svk

+5%

Remember that you can sort the columns by clicking on the titles, makes it easier to see all the delegates without feeds.

Does this show accurate info for new delegates?

Also, any chance bitsharesblocks could show the delegates with slates, and the delegates recommended on them?

I'll see if I can add some slate info.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%

Remember that you can sort the columns by clicking on the titles, makes it easier to see all the delegates without feeds.

Also, any chance bitsharesblocks could show the delegates with slates, and the delegates recommended on them?
Paging @svk for this one!!!

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
+5%

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
i am really concerned. Many delegates do not publish feeds. At this moment in time only 59 delegates provide bitUSD feeds. I believe if the market will shut down because we have not much feeds it will have a bad impact on BTS.

So every delegate provide feeds or quit your job. Especially every delegate paid more than 3%.
- why we have still so many INIT delegate without feeds? do we still need them? if yes, install a feed script.

everyone should consider to take everyone out of their votes and maybe we can elect more reliable people.

I've recently set up a delegate for the first time. Setting up feeds is toughest part - there's little information on how to do it, and it is scattered around many threads. I'm still not sure if I've successfully managed to do so. I'm also not sure if I should be wasting time on it, if they are to be discontinued. Bottom line - more information needed.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I will stop voting for delegates who don't provide feeds regardless if they are 100%, 10% or 3% pay.
Joining .. also with my slate

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I will stop voting for delegates who don't provide feeds regardless if they are 100%, 10% or 3% pay.

Offline svk

+5%

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

everyone who is "red" on the bitsharesblock list
just look at : http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates