Author Topic: Is the Official Marketing Team Sleeping?  (Read 27930 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
lolololol...We seriously need some good news soon or else Marketing will have to attract new shareholders from scratch... We don't need  to go to $20 mil market cap and screw the existing hodlers for Marketing to launch...

Indeed.  In fact, we dont even need 'new' good news.  We just need the new features that have been developed to be promoted to the crypto media, so that anyone at all in the crypto space will hear about them. 

Pls. let's not become like NXT where every time NXT was dropping people spread "joy" about better distribution and how good this is...BTS should not be at this market cap now..This is depressing and there is no excuse...And even more depressing is that most people still don't know and don't care about BTS...

I agree. Also, note that when market caps go down, it usually results in the distribution becoming WORSE in terms of adoption rates.  That is, generally when things go down, many people are selling them to the few large whales who still believe and who accumulate.  When things go up, these value investors distribute them back to a larger number of new holders at higher prices.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

It's the Chinese team who have been commendable so far and now Method-X and his Nullstreet crew show a lot of promise but it has to be Brian and his professional team who need to buck up and start leading from the front .As a ags/pts/bts holder I implore you to Do Your Job!

I think BM has them on a result base reward, the result being coinmarketcap. So basically they profited off the Chinese team's hard work till now, and going to earn from Nullstreet's work.

Why bother when others are working to get you your reward?

I am afraid this could be the reason. There will never be any loss for Brain's team, so they don't have any pressure... If they don't update their work every week, no one knows whether they are working for BTS or not...

Riding coat tails is a lot easier than blazing trails. 

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
@bytemaster - is there a project timeline that can be released to the community? Even a high level one would be appreciated.

Thanks
M

Next month. Or next quarter is the one consistent answer we get going back to Feb of this year.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I would feel 1million BTS better if BM would confirm that he

A. Has seen with his own eyes the wave of marketing that Brain is going to blow us away with
B. That BM has told Brain to not do any marketing until the release of 1.0

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
@bytemaster - is there a project timeline that can be released to the community? Even a high level one would be appreciated.

BitShares: Hot as the sun and nine months pregnant with septuplets!

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

It's the Chinese team who have been commendable so far and now Method-X and his Nullstreet crew show a lot of promise but it has to be Brian and his professional team who need to buck up and start leading from the front .As a ags/pts/bts holder I implore you to Do Your Job!

I think BM has them on a result base reward, the result being coinmarketcap. So basically they profited off the Chinese team's hard work till now, and going to earn from Nullstreet's work.

Why bother when others are working to get you your reward?

I am afraid this could be the reason. There will never be any loss for Brain's team, so they don't have any pressure... If they don't update their work every week, no one knows whether they are working for BTS or not...
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Thanks
M

Offline davidpbrown

..we need some old fashion leadership.

Yes but while they sleep we can plow ahead with a BTT thread as above.. I expect just something that's easy to keep alive, bumped now and then with tease about the increasing market cap of bitUSD and perhaps dollar speculation - or just blatent dollar speculation and link to zerohedge if you want to kickup a storm; something perhaps that also can also answer simple questions about using bitAssets, might be worthwhile.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Soon this tread is going to be forgotten like many similar before. But the main problem is going to remain. From my prospective it is not the problem with marketing it is problem with effective leadership.

The marketing is inefficient all right. But there are more problems that are not so obvious. Like undelivered promises, prolonging schedules, no coordination, ineffective use of community’s and outer resources and many more. All those things are left to self management. BM has offered his leadership but it only applies to development and vision. How about the rest. At the beginning of Bitshares that role belonged to Charles Hoskins, as far as I know, and when he left it belonged to no one.

As I have trying to point before self management is a not good idea, especially if you don’t have some kind of sophisticated coordination mechanism. Voting is not sophisticated coordination mechanism and until someone come up with good one, we need some old fashion leadership.

sumantso

Do we have presence on BTT?.. perhaps more could be done to engage there?.. I hardly visit it now but perhaps there's a new generation to hook. What everyone needs perhaps is the next wave of Bitcoin buyers looking into what is beyond Bitcoin.

BTT = bitcointalk?  I've thought about running a low cost campaign of paying hand picked members for their sig space to promote Bitshares there.  Something else I would do once elected.

I can run a campaign, or get somebody to do so if needed; I am pretty active on BTCtalk.

I suggested the same when the Music fundraiser was ongoing.

Great, that will make it easier, I just need to get a few more percent of the votes and we can get started.

Sure, message me and we can discuss; or better still open a thread about in the relevant section.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Yes depressing was not the correct word. Disappointing is more appropriate...

1 year ago when BM was pitching about BTS, Insurance DAC, ME etc was a much better marketing approach than any existing marketing approach from the "marketing team"

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Do we have presence on BTT?.. perhaps more could be done to engage there?.. I hardly visit it now but perhaps there's a new generation to hook. What everyone needs perhaps is the next wave of Bitcoin buyers looking into what is beyond Bitcoin.

BTT = bitcointalk?  I've thought about running a low cost campaign of paying hand picked members for their sig space to promote Bitshares there.  Something else I would do once elected.

I can run a campaign, or get somebody to do so if needed; I am pretty active on BTCtalk.

Great, that will make it easier, I just need to get a few more percent of the votes and we can get started.

sumantso

Offline matt608

• View Profile

BTT = bitcointalk?  I've thought about running a low cost campaign of paying hand picked members (non-trolls)  for their sig space to promote Bitshares there.  Something else I would do once elected.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:41:27 pm by matt608 »

Offline davidpbrown

You know it's bad when NewMine is on point.  ;D

It's disappointing but no reason to be depressed. Everyone wants overnight success but we're doing ok. BitShares is still by far the strongest Bitcoin2.0 offering.. CounterParty's marketcap should be much bigger; if it was Mastercoin, then feel free to get depressed or optimistic, I don't know.

bitUSD and other tokens pegged to fiat and assets like Gold is a gift to marketing, even without the full utility of being able to spend that as currency, the idea of being able to short the dollar etc should be an easy sell. That's before any mention of other DACs.

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc