Author Topic: Brian Page (MktDirector) Is Moving On  (Read 16767 times)

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Lets assume Brian's expertise lies in marketing complete products, which he didn't have the opportunity to prove with the client up until now... So the timing of this announce is perfect both for BitShares to formally avoid being taken advantage of and for Brian not to confront major accountability issues :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:57:07 pm by kisa »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Thanks for all your contributions, Brian! Best of success to you.

Was Brian responsible for the on-off ramps that were supposedly being setup?  Funnels?

Those were and are being handled by murduristic, julian, and bitmarket. They're not really any further than if we cold-called 10 more similar companies like hpenvy is doing.

I'd like to hear Murderistic's take on this. Toast's comment seems to devalue some of what M claims to have been doing these last few months. But I'm thrilled by recent progress in marketing...we will get there.

Actually yeah, I'm going off of less info than I should. Greg is helping look into the status of one of the offramps
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
But I'm thrilled by recent progress in marketing...we will get there.

+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for all your contributions, Brian! Best of success to you.

Was Brian responsible for the on-off ramps that were supposedly being setup?  Funnels?

Those were and are being handled by murduristic, julian, and bitmarket. They're not really any further than if we cold-called 10 more similar companies like hpenvy is doing.

I'd like to hear Murderistic's take on this. Toast's comment seems to devalue some of what M claims to have been doing these last few months. But I'm thrilled by recent progress in marketing...we will get there.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Why were these upcoming onramps hyped as if they were totally ready to go, as soon as the 1.0 release was ready?

In reality it seems we were never as close to bitshares success as we thought we were.

On the other hand, it also means that with the recent incredible successes in contacting a number of businesses, offramps, etc, that HpEnvy accomplished, we are actually further along now than we have ever been.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
So you worked with Cass on the new wallet, is this finished or lost?

moin :)

i've prepared GUI designs a while ago...
but honestly idk if development is in progress ...

BM mentioned something about meeting with an UI agency ... any updates on this?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Good luck Brian.  Thanks for getting me involved in BitShares.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i am german and i am rude!

great news  +5%

This outcome was so predictable. Before you have to deliver move on and sell all the stuff you did as a blessing from heaven. I am still thinking it is a culturel problem as a european i can't understand.

Personal the best for you, but for bitshares it is a new start to get the marketing arm better structured.

So you worked with Cass on the new wallet, is this finished or lost?

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

I'm in the BitShares offices up in Virginia with Dan and the devs today.  I had lunch with Dan and we discussed the exciting new chapter BitShares is starting in 2015.  However, my own chapter with BitShares is now coming to a close.  I've made the decision to resign any sort of official role with the organization in order to persue other opportunities.

I can say without a doubt that some of the new marketing talent that's come on board recently with BitShares and the grassroots marketing team have incredible plans in the works to take the community and business to the next level.  I'm thrilled to see what they can do in the upcoming year. 

I believe not only in BitShares but in the ideals of this community and those who lead it.   It's been an exciting and wild ride over the last year or so and I am so incredibly proud to have been a small part of it.  Thank you for the passion and energy you all have brought to this project and for those of you who went above and beyond to put your blood sweat and tears into it. 

I can tell you one thing is for sure about this organization: The level of integrity, commitment, and talent with those I worked with are second to none. I trust these people fully and consider them my friends and truly amazing people.  I encourage you to continue investing your time, money and energy in this grand vision that is BitShares.

Wishing each and every one of you the very best in all you do,

Brian

Best wishes Brian and happy holidays.

+5%

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
where the hell is tonyk ?   :D

Offline bytemaster

We have retained the team that he has hired as they are doing good work.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline GaltReport

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Should we still be waiting for the HUGE marketing campaign that will happen or now we should rely on nullstreet marketing for another year?

No need to wait, I've already passed along interview requests to the marketing team.  Marketing has already had phone and in-person meetings with companies we passed their way (debit card and onramps). Max is about ready to launch his book (read it, kicks ass) and BitShares.tv, Method-X and the rest of the gang (too many amazing people) are busting ass in different areas, I've put together a media list that covers almost every major article about Bitcoin in the last 6 months and contacted every decent company that's been posted on Coindesk over the last 4 months.  I'm just middle of the road productive, there's people on Nullstreet doing much more.

No waiting, it's already happening.

+5% +5% +5%