Author Topic: What's the realistic BTS potential?  (Read 7505 times)

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
If we reach a market cap 10x what we have now, each fully paid delegate will be earning 30 000$ a month. That means we can have potentially 100 teams of people all around the world working on developing, designing and promoting BitShares.

If we can hit a critical mass like this (it could even be less) and sustain it for awhile, then this thing is "game over". Continued growth will be inevitable and no one else will be able to compete.

But couldn't we have more paid delegates at this point in time anyway? A team could just be several of them - a bit like how the main developers are votes in right now anyway

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If we reach a market cap 10x what we have now, each fully paid delegate will be earning 30 000$ a month. That means we can have potentially 100 teams of people all around the world working on developing, designing and promoting BitShares.

If we can hit a critical mass like this (it could even be less) and sustain it for awhile, then this thing is "game over". Continued growth will be inevitable and no one else will be able to compete.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
Just interested to know what people realistically think BTS price could achieve. $1 seems to me to be  very achievable for such a technology, probably much more.

Thanks
M

A trillion dollar market cap would push the price per share into the hundreds. If Bitshares delivers on what it promises a trillion dollars is possible.Most brokerage firms worth their salt manage a few trillion.

It may seem crazy but if I posted on Bitcointalk in 2009-2010 that Bitcoin would go from $0.10 to $1200 people would laugh at me. The trick is to hold on and not sell out otherwise you will end up like thise people who sold bitcoin at $1 instead of holding. In my opinion Bitshares will either change finance or it will fail, no in between.

Realistically I think $10 is acheivable. (roughly 30 billion)  I am curious on what other people think.I might be crazy but I see huge potential if Bitshares works.

I don't think bitshares succeeding is black and white, either we take over the world or fail thing.  We will most likely end up somewhere in between.  There is a lot of money sloshing around and many crypto projects are going to have mkt caps over 100bil in the next 10 years.  BTS at 1.50/share next year wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities, we just need money to continue flowing into ripple and other 2.0 currencies.  The bear market in crypto is ending based by the positive divergences in some alt coins.  This is a classic trading strategy when trading.  For example oil may be falling and falling, but once you see oil service names start rising even when oil is falling you know a bottom is coming.  A canary in the coal mine sort of speak.  Crypto is the coal mine and ripple is the canary.  Hopefully bitshares follows.

+5% +5%

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Just interested to know what people realistically think BTS price could achieve. $1 seems to me to be  very achievable for such a technology, probably much more.

Thanks
M

A trillion dollar market cap would push the price per share into the hundreds. If Bitshares delivers on what it promises a trillion dollars is possible.Most brokerage firms worth their salt manage a few trillion.

It may seem crazy but if I posted on Bitcointalk in 2009-2010 that Bitcoin would go from $0.10 to $1200 people would laugh at me. The trick is to hold on and not sell out otherwise you will end up like thise people who sold bitcoin at $1 instead of holding. In my opinion Bitshares will either change finance or it will fail, no in between.

Realistically I think $10 is acheivable. (roughly 30 billion)  I am curious on what other people think.I might be crazy but I see huge potential if Bitshares works.

I don't think bitshares succeeding is black and white, either we take over the world or fail thing.  We will most likely end up somewhere in between.  There is a lot of money sloshing around and many crypto projects are going to have mkt caps over 100bil in the next 10 years.  BTS at 1.50/share next year wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities, we just need money to continue flowing into ripple and other 2.0 currencies.  The bear market in crypto is ending based by the positive divergences in some alt coins.  This is a classic trading strategy when trading.  For example oil may be falling and falling, but once you see oil service names start rising even when oil is falling you know a bottom is coming.  A canary in the coal mine sort of speak.  Crypto is the coal mine and ripple is the canary.  Hopefully bitshares follows.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Thanks
M

If we continue to consolidate resources within NullStreet and everyone contributes a little of their talent consistently, I can see us hitting +$1 in a year or two.   Looking at Ripple's rise, I'm a believer IF everyone continues to do their part.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

Thanks
M

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:42:08 am by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Thanks
M