Author Topic: BitShares 0.4.27.1 - problems  (Read 2544 times)

lzr1900

Re: BitShares 0.4.27.1 - problems
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 02:46:59 am »
Given up.shit-like wallet.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »
This issue can be fixed with a GUI update, but unfortunately most people are on 0.4.27.1 which means their client will crash with the new update format. Perhaps we can make a 0.4.27.3 release with this fix in it.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 10:10:17 pm »
This issue can be fixed with a GUI update, but unfortunately most people are on 0.4.27.1 which means their client will crash with the new update format. Perhaps we can make a 0.4.27.3 release with this fix in it.
Would this fix this https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12519.msg166051#msg166051 ?

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 10:15:03 pm »
Would this fix this https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12519.msg166051#msg166051 ?

Yep!
We could do something tricky like enable the update very briefly so that you could update and then disable it again, if you have a big enough stake to make the vote worthwhile.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 10:35:07 pm »

Yep!
We could do something tricky like enable the update very briefly so that you could update and then disable it again, if you have a big enough stake to make the vote worthwhile.
That sounds like I would just have the problem?
Disable the update again, how would that work?

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 10:47:04 pm »

Yep!

Not if you upgrade to 0.4.27.2
And it's simple, we put the update up, you update, we take it back down so nobody else sees an update.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 12:39:52 am »
So since I run my client often and then switch to GUI to test the BTS URI Scheme I noticed that after running the client for a while, shutting it down and then starting the GUI, I get the transaction error message where previously it was behaving... this leads to other problems like not being able to post transactions and syncing with the network. Why would the client and GUI have different ways to sync? I notice that if I start either after  a while even though the other is running it has to sync up with missing blocks from last time it ran.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 11:23:16 am »

Yep!

And it's simple, we put the update up, you update, we take it back down so nobody else sees an update.

Does 0.4.27.2 fix some of the problems I posted in the OP?  I have jobs lined up (translation of BitShares 101 into Spanish + more) and can't withdraw any delegate pay.  I'm paralysed without a working client.

Offline vikram

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 03:39:37 pm »

Yep!

Does 0.4.27.2 fix some of the problems I posted in the OP?  I have jobs lined up (translation of BitShares 101 into Spanish + more) and can't withdraw any delegate pay.  I'm paralysed without a working client.

toast can give details on if he thinks some of those might be addressed, but I would guess that you will likely have to wait for the next release. if lots of people are having problems like this we can probably put out a hotfix release very quickly, otherwise we will try to do a full release fairly soon.