Author Topic: PTS - the insane gift that keeps on giving!  (Read 13867 times)

Offline slacking

• View Profile
So insane!
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2014, 10:36:21 pm »
One of the worst things is that with Bitshares 1.0 release coming out, there will be a big marketing and advertising push for the first time. People will be searching for Bitshare related news and info and one of the thing that will be showing up is Bitshares PTS, a DAC that has nothing to do with Bitshares! They'll be getting free exposure by continuing to use fraudulently use the Bitshares name!

Stan makes the statement "The concept of merging PTS and AGS was brought up as a proposal for discussion but the idea of such a merger did not reach consensus.  The whole discussion lasted but a few days and the idea was abandoned, as many are after strongly opposing community input." so maybe he can show me where the community consented to having Alphabar...

1) Use the existing Bitshares PTS brand for a project of his own unrelated undertaking?
2) Claim the right to DAC (created from Bitshares toolkit no less) sharedrops from BTS?
3) Be GIVEN %33 DEVSHARES SHAREDROP, further legitimizing his claim of being the preferred sharedrop instrument for all future DAC's?

All of this leaves a very bad taste in my and many others mouths, the fact that the Chinese redacted it from the latest newsletter says that they fear their readers would not react well to it either. I wholeheartedly endorse any effort to start voting out delegates who don't switch to a %100 BTS sharedropped Devshares fork.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:38:10 pm by slacking »

Offline graffenwalder

Re: PTS - the insane gift that keeps on giving!
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2014, 10:54:56 pm »
PTS is indeed a gift that keeps giving.
It has given a Christmas gift to AGS/BTS/PTS holders in the form of this thread.

With all the concerns about the DVS snapshot it is clear that DVS has non 0 value.

Offline James212

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2014, 12:17:33 am »
@arhag, they're rebranding to drop the BitShares at least, and changing the name possibly to protons  but still keeping the PTS ticker.

http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=109.0

That's good. I will give them credit for that. And they have their own forum too.

Bitsapphire runs the forum. alphabar PTS is here either due to to the majority being in favour of it or Bitsapphire being unaware of the new situation. Tell them to remove that subsection and see what happens; this is one topic for which BM can't be faulted for.

That's fair. I don't blame bytemaster for that part. And since they have their own forum, I think it would be appropriate for us to put the the BitShares PTS subsection into the graveyard (with an "(Obsolete)" next to it), post a sticky post pointing them to the new forum, and lock down that subsection.

+5% +5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline James212

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2014, 12:29:02 am »
Would be funny, aye?

1) Inflate BTS and give PTS free shares
2) Let them use the toolkit for free (even though it was AGS funds which paid for it)
3) Give them space on the forum so that they can attract the new users who have heard of BTS
4) Include them in the newsletter and give them further publicity
5) Award them 33% of Devshares, which may suck some value out of BTS
6) Dilute BTS for R&D and let PTS enjoy the results for free

+5%

Offline James212

• View Profile
Re: So insane!
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2014, 12:39:08 am »
One of the worst things is that with Bitshares 1.0 release coming out, there will be a big marketing and advertising push for the first time. People will be searching for Bitshare related news and info and one of the thing that will be showing up is Bitshares PTS, a DAC that has nothing to do with Bitshares! They'll be getting free exposure by continuing to use fraudulently use the Bitshares name!

Stan makes the statement "The concept of merging PTS and AGS was brought up as a proposal for discussion but the idea of such a merger did not reach consensus.  The whole discussion lasted but a few days and the idea was abandoned, as many are after strongly opposing community input." so maybe he can show me where the community consented to having Alphabar...

1) Use the existing Bitshares PTS brand for a project of his own unrelated undertaking?
2) Claim the right to DAC (created from Bitshares toolkit no less) sharedrops from BTS?
3) Be GIVEN %33 DEVSHARES SHAREDROP, further legitimizing his claim of being the preferred sharedrop instrument for all future DAC's?

All of this leaves a very bad taste in my and many others mouths, the fact that the Chinese redacted it from the latest newsletter says that they fear their readers would not react well to it either. I wholeheartedly endorse any effort to start voting out delegates who don't switch to a %100 BTS sharedropped Devshares fork.

+5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2014, 12:41:00 am »

Actually the devshares sharedrop was computed from the old PTS.
We literally didn't even think about alphabar's PTS. So that's that. IDK if it should be "fixed"?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline James212

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2014, 12:47:31 am »
This is getting nuts. I am starting to doubt my investment.

You are not the only one...This community used to be united...We used to have one goal and now we start dividing and competing... We have lost many early supporters and we create confusions all the time to new and old investors...

We better do something about that quickly or else we WILL become like the rest of the shitcoins out there and once we go down that road and get stigmatised like another coin that got pumped for 1 week after 1 year of waiting and dumped thereafter, then there is no coming back no matter how great BTS could have been...

Now this is the time to start building confidence again people...

Just wait 2-3 days and let the developers take some time off from the heat. Then we make a thread demanding that bitshares delegates only test on a BTS-sharedrop-only testnet. We can also ask for the official newsletter not to mention PTS (like the Chinese already did) and ask for the PTS forum to be removed. This situation can easily be fixed and isn't a big deal, there's no need to panic.

I think the underlying reason why people are freaking out in this thread has nothing to do with PTS, but is caused by frustration with the lack of marketing and low market cap.

The situation with PTS can easily be solved. The developers will listen to us, their stakeholders, just like they have always done.

Marketing will start in January, and it's gonna be good. EUR and USD Gateways will be coming too.

Don't panic.
+5%
However I do hope that decisions like PTS censorship will be voted for on the blockchain. And not just by the guys who are active on this forum.

I seriously don't understand what all the fuzz is about. PTS is the first (crypto) share drop token (created by III) and pretty damn effective at it. If anything the PTS succes, should be a motivation for BTS holders.

+5% for deciding things on the blockchain not just loud forum voices.

What is needed to be voted on??  The "spin off" of AGS and PTS was decided by stakeholders as part of the 11/5 delution agreement.  What is needed now is adherence to the understanding and consensus.   Very disappointing.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2014, 01:03:06 am »

We literally didn't even think about alphabar's PTS. So that's that. IDK if it should be "fixed"?

As long as you used the Dec 14th snapshot, the two results should be identical at that time.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2014, 01:06:50 am »

It is truly sad that after 6 pages of true and valid arguments you post to just to point a technical incorrectness.

For all practical purposes those 'old' PTS are the same as the new alphabar's PTS, as this is the exact time of alphabar's PTS genesis block as well. Meaning it would have made now difference if you used their genesis block.

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2014, 01:42:09 am »
For all practical purposes those 'old' PTS are the same as the new alphabar's PTS, as this is the exact time of alphabar's PTS genesis block as well. Meaning it would have made now difference if you used their genesis block.

Exactly, so alphabar's PTS holder don't get anything extra. What snapshots have their been off of his version exclusively?

I didn't respond to the 6+ pages of argument because I don't care and I think it's stupid. My only request is that their team call it "protoshares" instead of "bitshares PTS".
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2014, 01:49:56 am »
...I don't care and I think it's stupid.

Great, so a core BTS dev thinks the concerns of its shareholders are stupid. Good to know.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2014, 01:59:07 am »
bitshares ---- reimagine everything

but everything not fit on bts, need more space i think...

yeah caotic info flowing to forum, lot of changes , new unspectec dacs ,,,,,,,,,,,, is the famous pow (proofofwork), must keep in touch with bts to be updated to maximize your invest but if not you take shares equal, so...

im not from team work but i wish, so my words are only my sense.

and really if pts be used to make snapshots of other proyects (not only bts dacs or pts) and force them to give you shares , is this bad for pts stakeholders or bts ?... i think not.

and sparkles is comming.

i think bitsharesPTS need change name. i like perpetualshares cose can mantain pts
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2014, 02:01:19 am »

Great, so a core BTS dev thinks the concerns of its shareholders are stupid. Good to know.

manipulating info like this ..... can work on tv news.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2014, 02:12:32 am »

I care about BTS, not about PTS. None of the core devs read discussions about PTS anymore, isn't that what you'd expect once are incentives are folded into BTS?

sumantso

« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2014, 02:59:58 am »

I care about BTS, not about PTS. None of the core devs read discussions about PTS anymore, isn't that what you'd expect once are incentives are folded into BTS?

You don't care about PTS, yet you sharedropped 33% of DVS on alphabar PTS?