Author Topic: PTS - the insane gift that keeps on giving!  (Read 26610 times)

Offline James212

• View Profile
This is getting nuts. I am starting to doubt my investment.

You are not the only one...This community used to be united...We used to have one goal and now we start dividing and competing... We have lost many early supporters and we create confusions all the time to new and old investors...

We better do something about that quickly or else we WILL become like the rest of the shitcoins out there and once we go down that road and get stigmatised like another coin that got pumped for 1 week after 1 year of waiting and dumped thereafter, then there is no coming back no matter how great BTS could have been...

Now this is the time to start building confidence again people...

Just wait 2-3 days and let the developers take some time off from the heat. Then we make a thread demanding that bitshares delegates only test on a BTS-sharedrop-only testnet. We can also ask for the official newsletter not to mention PTS (like the Chinese already did) and ask for the PTS forum to be removed. This situation can easily be fixed and isn't a big deal, there's no need to panic.

I think the underlying reason why people are freaking out in this thread has nothing to do with PTS, but is caused by frustration with the lack of marketing and low market cap.

The situation with PTS can easily be solved. The developers will listen to us, their stakeholders, just like they have always done.

Marketing will start in January, and it's gonna be good. EUR and USD Gateways will be coming too.

Don't panic.
+5%
However I do hope that decisions like PTS censorship will be voted for on the blockchain. And not just by the guys who are active on this forum.

I seriously don't understand what all the fuzz is about. PTS is the first (crypto) share drop token (created by III) and pretty damn effective at it. If anything the PTS succes, should be a motivation for BTS holders.

+5% for deciding things on the blockchain not just loud forum voices.

What is needed to be voted on??  The "spin off" of AGS and PTS was decided by stakeholders as part of the 11/5 delution agreement.  What is needed now is adherence to the understanding and consensus.   Very disappointing.
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
One of the worst things is that with Bitshares 1.0 release coming out, there will be a big marketing and advertising push for the first time. People will be searching for Bitshare related news and info and one of the thing that will be showing up is Bitshares PTS, a DAC that has nothing to do with Bitshares! They'll be getting free exposure by continuing to use fraudulently use the Bitshares name!

Stan makes the statement "The concept of merging PTS and AGS was brought up as a proposal for discussion but the idea of such a merger did not reach consensus.  The whole discussion lasted but a few days and the idea was abandoned, as many are after strongly opposing community input." so maybe he can show me where the community consented to having Alphabar...

1) Use the existing Bitshares PTS brand for a project of his own unrelated undertaking?
2) Claim the right to DAC (created from Bitshares toolkit no less) sharedrops from BTS?
3) Be GIVEN %33 DEVSHARES SHAREDROP, further legitimizing his claim of being the preferred sharedrop instrument for all future DAC's?

All of this leaves a very bad taste in my and many others mouths, the fact that the Chinese redacted it from the latest newsletter says that they fear their readers would not react well to it either. I wholeheartedly endorse any effort to start voting out delegates who don't switch to a %100 BTS sharedropped Devshares fork.

Actually the devshares sharedrop was computed from the old PTS.
We literally didn't even think about alphabar's PTS. So that's that. IDK if it should be "fixed"?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline James212

• View Profile
One of the worst things is that with Bitshares 1.0 release coming out, there will be a big marketing and advertising push for the first time. People will be searching for Bitshare related news and info and one of the thing that will be showing up is Bitshares PTS, a DAC that has nothing to do with Bitshares! They'll be getting free exposure by continuing to use fraudulently use the Bitshares name!

Stan makes the statement "The concept of merging PTS and AGS was brought up as a proposal for discussion but the idea of such a merger did not reach consensus.  The whole discussion lasted but a few days and the idea was abandoned, as many are after strongly opposing community input." so maybe he can show me where the community consented to having Alphabar...

1) Use the existing Bitshares PTS brand for a project of his own unrelated undertaking?
2) Claim the right to DAC (created from Bitshares toolkit no less) sharedrops from BTS?
3) Be GIVEN %33 DEVSHARES SHAREDROP, further legitimizing his claim of being the preferred sharedrop instrument for all future DAC's?

All of this leaves a very bad taste in my and many others mouths, the fact that the Chinese redacted it from the latest newsletter says that they fear their readers would not react well to it either. I wholeheartedly endorse any effort to start voting out delegates who don't switch to a %100 BTS sharedropped Devshares fork.

+5%

Offline James212

• View Profile
Would be funny, aye?

1) Inflate BTS and give PTS free shares
2) Let them use the toolkit for free (even though it was AGS funds which paid for it)
3) Give them space on the forum so that they can attract the new users who have heard of BTS
4) Include them in the newsletter and give them further publicity
5) Award them 33% of Devshares, which may suck some value out of BTS
6) Dilute BTS for R&D and let PTS enjoy the results for free

+5%

Offline James212

• View Profile
@arhag, they're rebranding to drop the BitShares at least, and changing the name possibly to protons  but still keeping the PTS ticker.

http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=109.0

That's good. I will give them credit for that. And they have their own forum too.

Bitsapphire runs the forum. alphabar PTS is here either due to to the majority being in favour of it or Bitsapphire being unaware of the new situation. Tell them to remove that subsection and see what happens; this is one topic for which BM can't be faulted for.

That's fair. I don't blame bytemaster for that part. And since they have their own forum, I think it would be appropriate for us to put the the BitShares PTS subsection into the graveyard (with an "(Obsolete)" next to it), post a sticky post pointing them to the new forum, and lock down that subsection.

+5% +5%

Offline graffenwalder

PTS is indeed a gift that keeps giving.
It has given a Christmas gift to AGS/BTS/PTS holders in the form of this thread.

With all the concerns about the DVS snapshot it is clear that DVS has non 0 value.

Offline slacking

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:38:10 pm by slacking »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

You are not the only one...This community used to be united...We used to have one goal and now we start dividing and competing... We have lost many early supporters and we create confusions all the time to new and old investors...

We better do something about that quickly or else we WILL become like the rest of the shitcoins out there and once we go down that road and get stigmatised like another coin that got pumped for 1 week after 1 year of waiting and dumped thereafter, then there is no coming back no matter how great BTS could have been...

Just wait 2-3 days and let the developers take some time off from the heat. Then we make a thread demanding that bitshares delegates only test on a BTS-sharedrop-only testnet. We can also ask for the official newsletter not to mention PTS (like the Chinese already did) and ask for the PTS forum to be removed. This situation can easily be fixed and isn't a big deal, there's no need to panic.

I think the underlying reason why people are freaking out in this thread has nothing to do with PTS, but is caused by frustration with the lack of marketing and low market cap.

The situation with PTS can easily be solved. The developers will listen to us, their stakeholders, just like they have always done.

Marketing will start in January, and it's gonna be good. EUR and USD Gateways will be coming too.

Don't panic.
+5%
However I do hope that decisions like PTS censorship will be voted for on the blockchain. And not just by the guys who are active on this forum.

I seriously don't understand what all the fuzz is about. PTS is the first (crypto) share drop token (created by III) and pretty damn effective at it. If anything the PTS succes, should be a motivation for BTS holders.

+5% for deciding things on the blockchain not just loud forum voices.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Then we make a thread demanding that bitshares delegates only test on a BTS-sharedrop-only testnet.

Thats not going to help unless BM indicates any intention of moving to the BTS only testnet. If he wants he can simply create a new genesis block for DVS right now.

We can also ask for the official newsletter not to mention PTS (like the Chinese already did) and ask for the PTS forum to be removed.

Newsletter is Stan's and so far he has been singing paeans for alphabar PTS. Of course, he will change his stance as soon as we can convince BM, so that should be our priority.

Removal from the forum should be the easiest as its run by Bitsapphire. Everybody message them, or get a thread in Meta.

Can we just wait a few days until Christmas is over before blowing this up?

Offline graffenwalder

Don't panic.
+5%

sumantso

Then we make a thread demanding that bitshares delegates only test on a BTS-sharedrop-only testnet.

Thats not going to help unless BM indicates any intention of moving to the BTS only testnet. If he wants he can simply create a new genesis block for DVS right now.

We can also ask for the official newsletter not to mention PTS (like the Chinese already did) and ask for the PTS forum to be removed.

Newsletter is Stan's and so far he has been singing paeans for alphabar PTS. Of course, he will change his stance as soon as we can convince BM, so that should be our priority.

Removal from the forum should be the easiest as its run by Bitsapphire. Everybody message them, or get a thread in Meta.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Don't panic.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

It's all about perspective...

You could also say BTS is the 4th largest crypto in the world. Despite not even releasing  1.0 yet, having very little marketing to date and despite having a lot of big PR snafus in the last few months.
Currently a lot of development is going on and that's despite hardly any of the delegate positions being filled... BTS could be a formidable, unstoppable DAC once it gets off the blocks again.

I have a much lower % investment in BTS, than some other DACs but a much higher $ amount.

So I'm bullish on BTS though not as much as I was on BTSX early Oct, I was happy to bet the farm on that for the next 12 months.

I think it's important to hedge your bets & it's fairly cheap to do so. I'm uncertain whether the community is better served by pushing out every competitor DAC or attempting to keep a greater BitShares brand together in some form.

Bitshares has already cornered the bitasset market. We have 1 million bitUSD and decent liquidity. There is zero chance PTS will be able to threaten us in this area. Their lack inflation means they have no means to advertise the products to real users, and they will only ever appeal to investors who think there's a bigger chance it will get sharedropped on than BTS (which admittedly our own developers have now set a really bad precedent for - but we will be able to fix that easily).

Once we start getting gateways after 1.0 you'll see there's no chance they will catch up as a trading DAC.

That's like saying Bitcoin has a $3 Billion CAP and a monopoly position and they can never be threatened. I agree it's unlikely though especially if BTS retains BM.

Regards advertising their products, I've already offered them my BitAsset video, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iygIMZL-H-8 instead rebranded for PTS for free if they considered adding BitAssets. That's my first video in 6 years, they will get better and I'd happily create a package of videos and commercials for them to cover all markets. Not much in the grand scheme of things but the point is people will work for less/free for projects they're more ideologically aligned too or were as to get a bigger % in for cheaper, so I wouldn't write  them off completely.

BitReserve realising their business model is pretty weak and they'd do better forking BTSX and directing their business and marketing talents towards building something like that concurrently & creating synergies with their current model is a bigger threat though imo.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:50:41 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Bitshares has already cornered the bitasset market. We have 1 million bitUSD and decent liquidity. There is zero chance PTS will be able to threaten us in this area.

I agree as long as the BTS community treats the new PTS as the competitors they really are and doesn't naively give them free sharedrops and advertising.

Would be funny, aye?

1) Inflate BTS and give PTS free shares
2) Let them use the toolkit for free (even though it was AGS funds which paid for it)
3) Give them space on the forum so that they can attract the new users who have heard of BTS
4) Include them in the newsletter and give them further publicity
5) Award them 33% of Devshares, which may suck some value out of BTS
6) Dilute BTS for R&D and let PTS enjoy the results for free

It's hilarious.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:51:01 pm by arhag »

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I am honestly appauled with the lack of communication, transperancy and deadlines. I hope things turn around soon. I feel like we are losing a lot of supporters through all this drama.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi