Author Topic: "cyberShares" cooperative cross-blockchain dapp dev community thing  (Read 14545 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Have I missed a sharedrop?
What am I missing?

Please give us some updates  ;)

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
What happened with this project? Is this still alive?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113769/cyber-fund-report-daos-will-reach-mass-adoption-disrupt-politics-and-religion-by-2025

no mention to BitShares... ?

If you go through their slid show you can tell they think very highly of us. http://cyber.fund/cyberep

:-\ I am not sure what they are trying to do though and how they plan to get their.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline theoretical

Only skimmed the whitepaper, but I'm thinking this might consist of:

- Airdropped UIA shares in several systems that support UIA-like tokens.
- Atomic "cross-chain teleportation protocol" where anyone can e.g. burn UIA shares on the BTS chain and create an equal number of UIA shares on the Ripple chain.

If you can make it so the cross-chain teleportation is truly atomic, I'm sure there would be some value in this functionality.

The details would be incredibly tricky.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

sumantso

Since they plan on sharedropping 10% to BTS, I am talking to them about potentially setting up occasional hangouts with our community so they can provide updates and answer questions. 

Since it is only 10% and only to BTS, I am not certain I would like to set these hangouts up to be done as often as I would for, say, PLAY, MUSIC and other chains that have sharedropped more on our holders, but I would like everyone's feedback as we plan to move forward.

The support on this thread looks quite lukewarm, rather than piping hot. If they were dropping 30% on us, maybe more people would be excited. But they are dividing this amongst these 2.0 communities. I'm guessing many readers still don't understand this much better than I do & I'm not convinced the developers have their idea fully developed. Occasional hangouts may be the way to go.

Thats because I have no idea what they are supposed to be selling, as well as how the sharedrop is going to happen. Does my BTS on exchanges get something?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
It is a interesting idea for sure and I love that they are trying to bring the 2.0 crowd together but I wonder about the development of the product also. Mumble would be good I would like to hear more.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Since they plan on sharedropping 10% to BTS, I am talking to them about potentially setting up occasional hangouts with our community so they can provide updates and answer questions. 

Since it is only 10% and only to BTS, I am not certain I would like to set these hangouts up to be done as often as I would for, say, PLAY, MUSIC and other chains that have sharedropped more on our holders, but I would like everyone's feedback as we plan to move forward.

The support on this thread looks quite lukewarm, rather than piping hot. If they were dropping 30% on us, maybe more people would be excited. But they are dividing this amongst these 2.0 communities. I'm guessing many readers still don't understand this much better than I do & I'm not convinced the developers have their idea fully developed. Occasional hangouts may be the way to go.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
This really confuses me. What is your product?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline 21xhipster

awesome, last question I promise :)

Do you guys have linked in profiles or can you point me toward past work that shows you can complete a project of this scope?
Team due diligence - ;-) Right thing
- My LinkedIn
- Dima's Stackoverflow
- Vitalik's LinkedIn
- Kostya's LinkedIn
Me and Vitalik have proven experience of firing up middle size (from 30 to 1.5k employees) retail company as top-level employees and managing innovation efforts of 10 mln+ city.
I have digital marketing experience as employee for e-commerce rised $2 mln.
In terms of web projects and entrepreneurship efforts we fail twice:
- Kidlabs.ru - ecommerce toys store (lack of digital marketing experience)
- Btchub.com - bitcoin exchange in early 2011 (no losses, lack of digital marketing experience).
Proven experience to forsee opportunities:
- 0.5% of Bitcoin mining power in May 2011 - in fact our group was one of the biggest investors to mining power at the moment.
- Invested: PTS, AGS, Ethereum, MaidSafe, NXT (almost at genesis). Full positions picture check here.
Kostya is very talented entrepreneur and own some retail stores.
Not the perfect set of skills and obvious lack of dev experience.
Instead we know how make things work, deep understanding of digital marketing, passion for development and hate of legacy governmental system.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:31:59 am by 21xhipster »
https://cyber.fund/ - Decetnralized Investment Platform

Offline 21xhipster

Daily volumes close to CNY! And $700k valuation. Wow!
To be honest i'd wouldn't buy in before sharedrop... impossible to predict price behaviour.

Offline 21xhipster

Offline 21xhipster

Lord Almighty, I thought I understood the basics from scanning the whitepaper. Now after reading these explanations, I realize I don't understand a freaking thing about what this is or how it works.

If they're going to enable cross-trading somehow, then this is more than a hedge fund or wallet.
That is true. If cyber•Shares will live as UIA inside leading cryptosystems and will solve all upcoming issues remaining coherent this side effect could make cyber•Shares alternative medium of moving value from one chain to another.
There are more side effects of successful proof-of-origin implementation.
cyber•Shares is basic mailing PDApp with social consensus feature.
But imagine that you want to develop simple Instagram DApp. You decide to choose BitShares (fast and efficient) blockchain for storing records and StorJ for storing pictures. But you want coherent tokens of your PDApp to implement efficient business model of your PDApp. How would you'll implement this? I see two very different approaches:
1. Issue DApp tokens on BitShares and buy volumes you need to cover Storj crypto fuel.
2. Issue some PDApp tokens on BitShares and some on Storj (they don't declare this feature yet? To be autonomous and efficient they should do it).
So you can cover the cost of crypto fuel "inside" BitShares and Storj more natively without a lot of crosschain movement.

But i don't want to think about all this rocket science now. Its better to concentrate on easy to use buttons to make possible measurable sharedrops. Any crypto startup do sharedrop now. I do believe that this have tremendous potential and market opportunities.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Me - There is fashion to be chief scientist now. In fact i'am not. I think more in business terms so i am responsible for architecting all this stuff.
Kostya Lomashuk - responsible for pushing everything forward.
Vitalik Lvov - responsible for investment operation of cyber•Fund and providing expertise to cyber•Shares community.
Dima Sadovnichiy - responsible for development. Contracts development in future.
Max Uvarov - leading digital marketing expert in Russia. Didn't commit full-time to project yet, but his advices are valuable for us.
Marina Guryeva and Vova Savin are early investors who believe in us from the very begin. Initially Vova was responsible for mining (hardware), but now we don't believe in mining as it exist today, so he think about engaging in some future hardware engineering. 
Early Believers  - FFF (friends, family, fools). Small group. So we already pass this stage.
Category of founders is a way to to honour people who make this all happens. This category exist and doesn't mean nor work, nor responsibility.

Ok so who is going to develop the wallet and all these cool features you are talking about?
Vitalik, Kostya, Dima and me. Of course we will do everything to expand the team.

awesome, last question I promise :)

Do you guys have linked in profiles or can you point me toward past work that shows you can complete a project of this scope?