Author Topic: Gateway to BitAssets software  (Read 3387 times)

Offline afedron

• View Profile
Sure it is wise to start operating in manual mode first and that is what I'll be doing shortly.
Just looking for the future opportunities:)

Thank all for the feedback!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
This is already possible:  http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/update/2014/12/18/Benefits-of-Being-a-BitShares-Gateway/

The "months" estimate is for an out-of-the-box solutions for gateways to just plug and play. Right now you will have to really dive into the UIA system and write all your business logic yourself.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Many months? I expect to have very simple functionality, just automatically issue my IOUs against customer assets (and redeem accordingly), having external transaction number linked to the bts transaction exactly in a way ripple gatewayd is doing.
That will allow to operate fiat<->bts gateway, no bitcoins/altcoins and no private keys importing:)
Isn't what he is looking for "user issued assets" and already implemented??

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Couldn't you simply process this manually at first? Someone sends you a bank transaction with their BTS name in the transaction message and then once every 24H you send out your gateway asset to the names and whitelist them. If a whitelisted name sends you your gateway asset back you just transfer the money to their account.

Offline afedron

• View Profile
Unfortunately I'm not a developer anymore, but I'm ready to provide some financing for the project like this

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Many months? I expect to have very simple functionality, just automatically issue my IOUs against customer assets (and redeem accordingly), having external transaction number linked to the bts transaction exactly in a way ripple gatewayd is doing.
That will allow to operate fiat<->bts gateway, no bitcoins/altcoins and no private keys importing:)

I agree with you. Although Ripple-style gateway is centralized (they may own user's private keys), it is very useful to access laypeople. I already know a guy who is preparing something like this (KRW<>bitUSD) but there is no useful resource from Bitshares community. Developoer delegates, please work for it!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline afedron

• View Profile

Offline Rune

• View Profile
that is nice, but I never expect customer to do private keys importing.
we've got to have much more user friendly gateway instead, good example is onecred.com for stellar

The kind of software you're looking for is still many months into the future. There's simply not enough developers at the moment. If you can find a developer who could create something like this and who's willing to get paid in BTS I'm sure they can get a 100% delegate.

Offline afedron

• View Profile
that is nice, but I never expect customer to do private keys importing.
we've got to have much more user friendly gateway instead, good example is onecred.com for stellar

Offline afedron

• View Profile
Yes I've read from bytemaster:)
Is here anybody willing to code project like this for the fair reward? PM me!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What I need is to issue IOUs against national currency, exactly the way Ripple is doing
What you want is well described by Bytemaster already .. and will function equivalently to gateways in ripple
->  http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/update/2014/12/18/Benefits-of-Being-a-BitShares-Gateway/

Though currently no one is *publicly* working on this except maybe some Chinese exchanges

How knows what is being working on behind the scenes

Offline afedron

• View Profile
What I need is to issue IOUs against national currency, exactly the way Ripple is doing

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
A BTC gateway is being worked on. You can send Bitcoin and get bitBTC.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline svk

Being worked on by monsterer, think it will offer similar functionality:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12317.0
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks