Author Topic: 1M Bounty BM Proposed on Jan 14 - Bitcoin Wallet Instead  (Read 8192 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
now the bts wallet  lack of humanized design
BTS  Can't  backup wallet automatically  in different harddisk  partition  eg:D:\  instead of  c:\,
newbee may lose their BTS because of this

BTS  Can't   easily define the data location in menu &setup wizard

BTS  lack Wizard mode for newbee

BTS  lack help document embedded

in china  Windows users in the majority , NOT Attaches great importance to the user experience in  Windows environment , how to promote BTS???????
why not create a wizard and documentation intead of complaining all the time?
BTW, you can submit bugreports to github too.

i'am bts shareholdersnot Block chain employee

bugreports on github& suggesttion in forum  you can check the The historical record

create a wizard  need Programming skills  i don't have
help documentation need dive into bts &know all the design details&functions
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:54:17 am by sudo »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
BTS  Can't  backup wallet automatically  in different harddisk  partition  eg:D:\  instead of  c:\,

in china  Windows users in the majority , NOT Attaches great importance to the user experience in  Windows environment , how to promote BTS???????

he already did and got ignored months ago , that's why he has been upset .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile
mac also can run windows
two ways
1Boot Camp
2 virtual machine(Parallels or vmware……)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
use part of the 1 million to purchase a Windows OS Desktop computer for each dev , in order to experience the pain that Windows users have been experiencing .

They should buy a WIndows OS laptop with a HDD and 4 2 GB of RAM and optimize the full client GUI for that machine.

Edit: I made the 4 GB into 2 GB because they would likely only test out the client running alone on a fresh reboot, rather than a typical use case of using the client while also using a browser with many tabs open plus a couple other apps.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:06:18 am by arhag »

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Definitely agree. Bitshares wallet with bitcoin and shapeshift features is a killer app. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13882.0;all
Bitshares can do shapeshift without counter-party risk too! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13711.0

The race is on for the first smart wallet with bitUSD or equivalents wins. Bitshares should focus on winning this race.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
We are bitcoins killer app.   If we put our egos aside and make the best bitcoin wallet possible with built in hedging, millions will flow into bitUSD and the users will never have evenheard of bitshares.

The bitcoin headline reads....

"Receive and send bitcoin. Hedge bitcoin price without counter party risk.  Bitcoins killer app is here."

I like this idea as it doesn't require a bounty or current developer time to attempt.

The only minor concern I can think of is that by not actively promoting BitShares then Bitcoin users are ambivalent to the product they are using. This gives Bitcoin time to develop a similar solution maybe via side chains? (I don't know anything about technical stuff.) So during this window of opportunity we have to promote BitShares and BitAssets, we would have promoted & empowered Bitcoin with our USP and then be made obsolete once they can replace us with their Bitcoin collateralised or other solution and users wouldn't know the difference.

The concern is worthy of consideration, but I think the upside massively outweighs the potential risk.  Also I have thought about it a bit more and branding of bitUSD will be important.  Still no bitshares branding though.   Getting bitUSD into many users hands is of utmost important.   If that happens market cap skyrockets, devs flood to bitshares, and network effects kick ass.   There is no other opportunity that even comes close to this that I am aware of.

There are already 3 BitGolds on the market, I don't think BitUSD guarantees us a lot of brand protection. Bitcoin could plausibly create a Bitcoin backed 'BitUSD' and it would fit their brand quite nicely especially if the average user didn't  know they were previously using a BitShares BitUSD. I think you're right about the upside being greater than the risks though.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
We are bitcoins killer app.   If we put our egos aside and make the best bitcoin wallet possible with built in hedging, millions will flow into bitUSD and the users will never have evenheard of bitshares.

"Receive and send bitcoin. Hedge bitcoin price without counter party risk.  Bitcoins killer app is here."

I like this idea as it doesn't require a bounty or current developer time to attempt.

The only minor concern I can think of is that by not actively promoting BitShares then Bitcoin users are ambivalent to the product they are using. This gives Bitcoin time to develop a similar solution maybe via side chains? (I don't know anything about technical stuff.) So during this window of opportunity we have to promote BitShares and BitAssets, we would have promoted & empowered Bitcoin with our USP and then be made obsolete once they can replace us with their Bitcoin collateralised or other solution and users wouldn't know the difference.

The concern is worthy of consideration, but I think the upside massively outweighs the potential risk.  Also I have thought about it a bit more and branding of bitUSD will be important.  Still no bitshares branding though.   Getting bitUSD into many users hands is of utmost important.   If that happens market cap skyrockets, devs flood to bitshares, and network effects kick ass.   There is no other opportunity that even comes close to this that I am aware of.

https://twitter.com/BitConsultants/status/559449950036037632 if theres someone who knows any of these wallet Devs, i think we'd be better off making these guys aware of the superior decentralized system we have instead of reinventing the wheel...

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
use part of the 1 million to purchase a Windows OS Desktop computer for each dev , in order to experience the pain that Windows users have been experiencing .

Its been months since I've tried, but spent many frustrating hours trying to build all the dependencies from source and couldn't do it.  Partly my fault for insisting on using Visual Studio, but certainly frustrating indeed.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
100 w BTS is worth a lot of money Why not use as “”GUI user experience  improvement “”special bonus?

WHY not put the "user experienceimprovement" as the highest priority Development task
does  BTS ever  Attaches great importance to the user experience????

+5% +5%

You could have the greatest, most feature rich software on the planet, but no one would use if it only had a CLI.  User experience is everything.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline sudo

• View Profile
100 w BTS is worth a lot of money Why not use as “”GUI user experience  improvement “”special bonus?

WHY not put the "user experienceimprovement" as the highest priority Development task
does  BTS ever  Attaches great importance to the user experience????

Offline bitsapphire

The problem is the Bitcoin side of things. You need a trust-free or at least low trust setup for a decentralized exchange to be possible.

We've already described our proposed layered approach to the Internet of Money to the core Bitshares team about 3 weeks ago on the regular Monday Skype call. The main bottleneck would be the Open Transactions federated servers to Bitshares integration. The second bottleneck seems to be the Bitshares client itself, which was not intended for an Copay-Insight like setup. We're already close to having a working Hyperledger-Bitshares integration.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html