Author Topic: We are failing selling our products  (Read 9500 times)

Offline robrigo

Not going to drop too many details.. but *cough* www.join.freebieservers.com *cough* 
More coming next month.

Link doesn't work for me.

Try this one http://join.freebieservers.com/

eSports is a huge market so maybe this will attract some talent that can learn about crypto from winning some.

Offline onceuponatime

Not going to drop too many details.. but *cough* www.join.freebieservers.com *cough* 
More coming next month.

Link doesn't work for me.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
More coming next month.

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker
There may be a fundamental mismatch in the product and the customers who are likely to use BitShares. Cryptocurrency users are risk-taking technophiles. But the USD, EUR, CNY, GLD are all "old man" investments. Getting into the BitShares system in order to store my USD as a bitshares-based CFD and getting a 1-3% yield is not something that's interesting.

The old, conservative hard-money guys like Peter Schiff or Jim Rogers who like gold are not coming anywhere near something like BitShares. They don't even trust bitcoin. They would trust bitSILVER even less.

Honestly, I'd be far more interested in peer to peer lending on BitShares at usurious rates. Or trading exotic assets like leveraged Chinese tech stocks. I don't have access to those markets and they are thrilling. bitUSD isn't thrilling or lucrative to me. It looks good on paper, but how many of us actually want to hold bitUSD. Obviously not that many, given its market cap.

+5% We don't want to tackle dark-markets because that would create legal exposure for delegates. We don't want to do stocks, because then we'd be exposed to securities laws. We don't want to do gambling products, because of how we're told Chinese regulators would react. We're trying to change branding from DAC to decentralized Co-op to further distinguish our intent. There's an issue here that's not being correctly addressed.

If someone can mine Silver and Gold to their doorstep instead of bitcoin, that might change.  Not positive though.  This is a very interesting thread.

Are you saying POW mining will bring in users?

Yeh...at least until Bitcoin dies from its inability to govern/fund itself.

Mining definitely adds users but I don't think miners are the most productive users for the ecosystem as a whole at the end of the day.

Offline fuzzy

There may be a fundamental mismatch in the product and the customers who are likely to use BitShares. Cryptocurrency users are risk-taking technophiles. But the USD, EUR, CNY, GLD are all "old man" investments. Getting into the BitShares system in order to store my USD as a bitshares-based CFD and getting a 1-3% yield is not something that's interesting.

The old, conservative hard-money guys like Peter Schiff or Jim Rogers who like gold are not coming anywhere near something like BitShares. They don't even trust bitcoin. They would trust bitSILVER even less.

Honestly, I'd be far more interested in peer to peer lending on BitShares at usurious rates. Or trading exotic assets like leveraged Chinese tech stocks. I don't have access to those markets and they are thrilling. bitUSD isn't thrilling or lucrative to me. It looks good on paper, but how many of us actually want to hold bitUSD. Obviously not that many, given its market cap.

+5% We don't want to tackle dark-markets because that would create legal exposure for delegates. We don't want to do stocks, because then we'd be exposed to securities laws. We don't want to do gambling products, because of how we're told Chinese regulators would react. We're trying to change branding from DAC to decentralized Co-op to further distinguish our intent. There's an issue here that's not being correctly addressed.

If someone can mine Silver and Gold to their doorstep instead of bitcoin, that might change.  Not positive though.  This is a very interesting thread.

Yeh...at least until Bitcoin dies from its inability to govern/fund itself.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Some.  Minebitshares was our #1 referrer.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

julian1

Offline Volker

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Volker

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:15:17 pm by Volker »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you google 'BitUSD' 'BitShares' and most importantly 'BitGold' & choose 'videos' the little video I did comes up in the top 2 just because it has those terms in the title, despite only having a few views.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnunXnLdJdw

It would be great for BitShares to have the top BitGold video and BitMarkets videos get a lot of views so I've suggested he mentions BitShares, BitGold & BitUSD more in the titles or descriptions. He says a few like that are in the pipeline.

That video is a good/quick introduction to BitShares. I want to add fench sub titles on the video to include it in a project coming very soon.

Is somebody has a way to contact the video owner ? I tried it via youtube but I got no answers.

Thanks ;p

I made the video and posted it for fun, however it has quite a few copyright issues so I will probably have to take it down soon unfortunately.
I assume when you are long bts again you will make him the favor :P

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I don't know what my responsibilities are with regard to some of the footage regarding copyright. I think the safest thing is just to take that one down and if I do make another BTS one in future it will be mainly graphics and stuff. 
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Thom

Chinese side is an incorrect description .
Try investors side .

We can see that trend from both the BTC pair and CNY pair .

We as a community are good to each other , but to investors , their feeling is often ignored .
And we need to please both parties , both the community members from east&west , also those investors who have never set foot in this forum ( Chinese or not , it doesn't matter , investors all have the same mindset in any free market ) .

I've expressed when the price was 3X than what it is now .
We haven't lost much community members since then , but as you can see we're losing investors , even worse than some of the other projects .

We are losing the short sighted investors, the ones who just want to make a quick buck and dont see all bridges that BitShares is building.

wildPig, could you provide some examples of issues specific to Chinese investors (as opposed to Chinese community members)?

I do wonder as speedy said, about whether the concerns are only about profits. It takes real commitment and stamina to the BitShares vision to win the reward of seeing a profit. There will always be a tradeoff between the time required to realize a ROI vs. the time required to develop a quality product.

I also believe there are major differences in the philosophical perspectives of western investors and those in the east. The spirit of freedom birthed the blockchain, and it is being nurtured by those willing to make difficult choices and sacrifices to see the original precepts and fundamentals Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned come to fruition.

The current bear market in crypto and BitShares is sorting out who is willing to support the cause of financial freedom. So perhaps the loss of investors is as it needs to be.

But I am interested in your opinion of what you think the Chinese investor is looking for that is lacking, aside from profit. Obviously that is currently lacking. The question is what does the avg. Chinese investor believe are the reasons for that are?

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If you google 'BitUSD' 'BitShares' and most importantly 'BitGold' & choose 'videos' the little video I did comes up in the top 2 just because it has those terms in the title, despite only having a few views.

It would be great for BitShares to have the top BitGold video and BitMarkets videos get a lot of views so I've suggested he mentions BitShares, BitGold & BitUSD more in the titles or descriptions. He says a few like that are in the pipeline.

That video is a good/quick introduction to BitShares. I want to add fench sub titles on the video to include it in a project coming very soon.

Is somebody has a way to contact the video owner ? I tried it via youtube but I got no answers.

Thanks ;p

I made the video and posted it for fun, however it has quite a few copyright issues so I will probably have to take it down soon unfortunately.
I assume when you are long bts again you will make him the favor :P

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Thanks ;p

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline EstefanTT

Thanks ;p
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)