Author Topic: Gaming proposal , not accepted .  (Read 22913 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Agreed . Time frame matters . Etherum will be out in March , and several other projects competing for market space . If 1.0 weren't ready by then , there maybe no second chances to let some of the major investors stay . Now there are only 27 days left .

And we just failed the network again on last Saturday with reasons unknown .
It's to luxurious to focus on anything else for the moment , including gambling and BM's blog .

I fully agree. Get this stable & user-friendly ASAP. Then we can sell it.

I voted that I support the gambling idea, but in the interests of time I too think it is way more important to get what we have stable and perfect first. BTS gambling can be reconsidered once we're rock solid and looking for new ways to expand the ecosystem.

Also agree about the blog-time. There's just no way that the number of users positively turned on to BTS from the blog justifies the time necessary to prepare posts for it. In fact there's a good chance plenty more potentially-interested users have been fully turned off to BTS due to the controversial nature of several articles...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:28:14 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Agreed . Time frame matters . Etherum will be out in March , and several other projects competing for market space . If 1.0 weren't ready by then , there maybe no second chances to let some of the major investors stay . Now there are only 27 days left .

And we just failed the network again on last Saturday with reasons unknown .
It's to luxurious to focus on anything else for the moment , including gambling and BM's blog .

I fully agree. Get this stable & user-friendly ASAP. Then we can sell it.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Seeing as that BM realises BTS is about to fail and is putting it in as a desperate step, everybody should vote yes.

spoiler alert : BTS is gonna go viral in several months due to some major promotion effort in China , unless we do something to drag their feet . A crowd funding company already got millions of USD of VC to operate their operation on BTS . That's once in a life time opportunity for BTS .

As a matter of fact , all they want is no more surprises , a stable wallet and protocol ,  everything will work out eventually .

Yes this.

It is quite possible that our excellent chinese marketing and community will manage to take BTS viral provided that:
1) We get a stable release version, lite wallet, etc released in a reasonable time frame, and
2) We don't shoot ourselves in the foot and piss them off all the chinese investors.

And we just failed the network again on last Saturday with reasons unknown . As I recall , it's the same issue that hasn't got solved 1 months ago .
It's too luxurious to focus on anything else for the moment , including gambling and BM's blog .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:21:36 pm by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Seeing as that BM realises BTS is about to fail and is putting it in as a desperate step, everybody should vote yes.

spoiler alert : BTS is gonna go viral in several months due to some major promotion effort in China , unless we do something to drag their feet . A crowd funding company already got millions of USD of VC to operate their operation on BTS . That's once in a life time opportunity for BTS .

As a matter of fact , all they want is no more surprises , a stable wallet and protocol ,  everything will work out eventually .

Yes this.

It is quite possible that our excellent chinese marketing and community will manage to take BTS viral provided that:
1) We get a stable release version, lite wallet, etc released in a reasonable time frame, and
2) We don't shoot ourselves in the foot and piss them off all the chinese investors.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
On the latest mumble, Bytemaster said that if BitShares was mentioned on too many mainstream media outlets or received too many new client downloads, then we could just remove the app it and keep the publicity.

BitShares Bingo would be to Bitshares what Solitaire is to Windows.  A favorite program of some. 

BitCNY gaming is real CNY because BTC38 is a gateway for real CNY

Most people love a Solitaire play in Windows.  BitShares Bingo is a neat idea.  We can have a wallet option that turns on only for some specific countries.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
No new features in the blockchain!!!!

The things listed here is all we need:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/milestones

All other resources beyond this should be focusing on UX. Unless UX is perfect then NO MORE FEATURES!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

I agree to the extent it looks a bit desperate that we cant think of other ways of getting people to use the wallet than by putting tacky bingo games into it.

Lol I think we need a bit of NewMine.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:07:26 pm by speedy »

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

+5%
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

Why would you think this??
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
I thought this was an excellent idea, and I believe the risk/reward ratio is highly in our favor. Bytemaster said that by the end of the year, anyone will be able to do this with smart contracts anyways, so the concerns about potential "regulatory crackdown" for gambling are a moot point. To turn down the opportunity to create some desperately needed utility for bitAssets at this point would be foolish.

As for user adoption, think about how many people play "bingo" instant lottery tickets. Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Imagine if they found out that they could play them online, using real money, to win real money. A lightweight wallet that you could fund and then play? And completely decentralized, so people from every country in the world would be driving the jackpots higher and higher. The upside potential is huge, considering the 80 hours it would take to implement. (bytemaster's estimate).

Without a major fiat portal to support the price of BTS , do you really think BTA can be used by millions of users ?
Until the fully decentralized trading status achieved (tens of thousands of gateways around the world) , we shouldn't be gambling with the only fiat portal at hand , period .

BTA relies on BTS .

sumantso

Offline bytemaster

If anyone wants to drive BTS out of  China and lost the only major fiat portal we could ever have in at least 6 months and ruin all the hard working promotion effort with serious VC investors  , please do this . 

Otherwise , don't .

No gambling should be on BTS wallet , period .

I've already obtained opinion from experienced lawyers .

Agreed..  what about the BTS blockchain?

If the blockchain just had a function to produce a trustless random number, I don't think this implicates anything like gambling or what would be consider illegal anywhere.  Then a 3rd party could use this function to produce whatever they wanted.  though probably a little more complicated than just a random number, I'm guessing this is what your getting at?

It already produces the random number, the key is whether or not it "settles" the gamble and whether the profits from the gambling accrue to BTS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think anything like this needs to be done by a third party, not by anyone with 'official' ties to bitshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

If anyone wants to drive BTS out of  China and lost the only major fiat portal we could ever have in at least 6 months and ruin all the hard working promotion effort with serious VC investors  , please do this . 

Otherwise , don't .

No gambling should be on BTS wallet , period .

I've already obtained opinion from experienced lawyers .

Agreed..  what about the BTS blockchain?

If the blockchain just had a function to produce a trustless random number, I don't think this implicates anything like gambling or what would be consider illegal anywhere.  Then a 3rd party could use this function to produce whatever they wanted.  though probably a little more complicated than just a random number, I'm guessing this is what your getting at?