Author Topic: Gaming proposal , not accepted .  (Read 23179 times)

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
nope , 3 months ago , it was BM himself said gambling in super-dac would be a "political incorrect" idea .

The sudden latching onto this by BM shows me he is realizing we are in a desperate situation. The merger happened after he figured out that BTSX was in trouble and it gave a temporary lifeline. Now he sees gambling as a way to prop it up.

BTC is about to take a massive dive. If as expected it pulls down BTS with it it means the whole system would collapse on itself as dilution have to be increased to fund the developers. All the while BM would be preaching the BitShares 'philosophy' with the BitAssets gather dust.

In China , gamble is public enemy No.1 of every family .
People worry their kids and spouses to gamble away all their savings .
If a mother found out his teenage son spent 100USD on a gambling game easily , she will contact the major media and expose the game provider .  Where his son deposit their money , exchanges , gateways , whatever , BTS would turned into a monster in a matter days .
The police would have to act on the complaint .

Anyway , I guess not only China . This thing is controlled in the US as well .

Especially in the Bitcoin dive , it's too risky to risk the only fiat portal we could afford in 6 months .

I still remembers the debit card fiasco . Wanting something doesn't make it true , hard work and serious product will get us out of the jam . Hell , if this had been done in the past months instead of thinking about all those unrealistic plans , we could have stable mobile wallet using in Africa by now with billions of potential BitUSD and BitCNY demands .  Our guy in Africa is still waiting a stable protocol and mobile wallet , I have to calm him down and stall him to use our product . (this guy is serious , contact with richest Chinese in Africa )

Why not grab those we can afford right in front of our eyes instead wasting time chasing dreams ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:53:09 am by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline fuzzy

nope , 3 months ago , it was BM himself said gambling in super-dac would be a "political incorrect" idea .

The sudden latching onto this by BM shows me he is realizing we are in a desperate situation. The merger happened after he figured out that BTSX was in trouble and it gave a temporary lifeline. Now he sees gambling as a way to prop it up.

BTC is about to take a massive dive. If as expected it pulls down BTS with it it means the whole system would collapse on itself as dilution have to be increased to fund the developers. All the while BM would be preaching the BitShares 'philosophy' with the BitAssets gather dust.

I am not trying to pick on you sumantso...but I disagree.  I do not think we are in a desperate situation at all.  In fact, some things are going on behind the scenes that give me a great deal of confidence moving forward. 

One thing I Can say though is that although I have held my tongue about it, I think adding gaming stuff to the wallet is not going to be a good idea...unless done in a VERY limited fashion, or in partnership with the BitShares-based DAC that specializes in this type of thing. 

I can see using it to get people opening the wallet more, like having a "Dice Game" that is very limited.  Meaning, for instance, it might have a daily "cooldown" where a user can only try their luck 1 time every 24 hours.  There is nothing wrong with mini-games if they are done for he right reasons and done in such a way that invites users and solidifies their perception of what they joined this BitShares community to be a part of---Liberty-loving, free market visionaries.  I do agree that the idea came out in a way that was a bit frustrating and carried with it a great deal more than was needed. 

Now as for the merger.  It was not done well, but it was not done for the reasons you are thinking it was done for.  It was done because some of our primary competition wants to be the "platform for everything" to be built on.  Unfortunately as that sank in, BM saw only one way moving forward.  Unfortunately, our community has not really backed the chains that were supposedly "merged"...yet still existed independently of BTS.  We need to extend our vision to make all of this a success...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

sumantso

Offline bitshare007777

• View Profile
No new features in the blockchain!!!!

The things listed here is all we need:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/milestones

All other resources beyond this should be focusing on UX. Unless UX is perfect then NO MORE FEATURES!
Agree! +5%

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
I definitely don't want to mess with anything that could damage BTS in China but BTS is supposed to be a Super-DAC not a SuperLimited/Constrained-DAC. It means we need other DACs.

Online - Bitcoin - & now blockchain based gambling is hugely lucrative.  If our rockstar developers are capable of & want to add gambling to a DPOS blockchain why should they and we miss out on that value.

Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
relaying information from TradeBTS and several other major members of the Chinese community :

No matter it's on the BTS wallet or just on the blockchain , if this thing go through , they'll have to stop running their business and plans for BTS .

It's a legal risk for all of them .

I haven't talked to the exchanges yet , but I guess they would have the same worry .

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Integrating gaming into BTS blockchain is really not a good idea.

BTS is a decentralized exchange like we are describing on the new official site and supposed to do for business what BTC is doing for money like we used to say. Every effort should be led to this direction.

Not to mention it would put the current BTS promotions in danger, gaming on BTS is just To kill the Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goose_That_Laid_the_Golden_Eggs

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I think enabling adoption is as useful as trying to directly force adoption with some half-baked notion of what is a good idea.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
If anyone wants to drive BTS out of  China and lost the only major fiat portal we could ever have in at least 6 months and ruin all the hard working promotion effort with serious VC investors  , please do this . 

Otherwise , don't .

No gambling should be on BTS wallet , period .

I've already obtained opinion from experienced lawyers .
+5%
In the process of the blockchain technology development, ONLY BTS has been run in the main chain. We don't  want to rollback in the future.

TurkeyLeg

Wasnt the focus on a stable release, a light client, and bitusd? Why always create distractions that are counter-productive in the end?

+5%

Until there is a web wallet available I don't see how any resources should be wasted on gambling on the BTS client. Let someone else do it. You all have more important things to do.

Who gives a #%€# about Solitaire on Windows?

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Way too big of a distraction from the core feature set. I figure development efforts are better spent on:
1) Bitshares Projects tab where stakeholders instead of voting on delegates vote on project funding (lighthouse features) 
2) Bitcoin wallet features
3) Shapeshift exchange features

There is a race going on and distractions at the moment are detrimental. We know how important first movers are in this space. Whoever creates the first "smart wallet" which allows all kinds of diversification secured by crypto-p2p technology wins. Bitshares is currently winning this race but cannot afford distractions.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If someone branched bitshares into bingoshares and share-dropped 100% on BTS, I wonder how it would do ;)

Well bingoshares specifically would not do too well imo. But BETShares that incl. bingo but could add other gambling games too that was sharedropped to BTS maybe over a few months. Yes please.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Seeing as that BM realises BTS is about to fail and is putting it in as a desperate step, everybody should vote yes.

spoiler alert : BTS is gonna go viral in several months due to some major promotion effort in China , unless we do something to drag their feet . A crowd funding company already got millions of USD of VC to operate their operation on BTS . That's once in a life time opportunity for BTS .

As a matter of fact , all they want is no more surprises , a stable wallet and protocol ,  everything will work out eventually .

which will go viral in China first, bts or bitcny?
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline roadscape

If someone branched bitshares into bingoshares and share-dropped 100% on BTS, I wonder how it would do ;)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I think that this is a fun idea.
But should not be directly associated with Bitshares.