Author Topic: Gaming proposal , not accepted .  (Read 22916 times)

Offline monsterer

Who says that delegates are liable for anything?

If the delegates decide the outcome of the bet directly, they will be liable. Now, if you could make it true peer to peer, then there would not be a problem :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

After listening to Bytemasters reasoning, I have changed my mind and agree that the wallet needs to have a fun element.

This should be optional add-on to the wallet.

There should be many add-on wallet options

If you put it into the client, the delegates will be pushed out of europe, the US, the UK and china due to gambling laws.

Who says that delegates are liable for anything?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

After listening to Bytemasters reasoning, I have changed my mind and agree that the wallet needs to have a fun element.

If you put it into the client, the delegates will be pushed out of europe, the US, the UK and china due to gambling laws.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline script

• View Profile
  • BitShares: script
good to hear gambling is not going to be on the bts wallet, has someone who had a gambling problem once ,
 the last thing i need is a dice or bingo game in my bank account wallet.

if you want gambling setup another dac for it,a p2p decentralized betfair, delegates can be voted in/out on sports result feeds.
but i am not a coder, just a dreamer.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Take the 80+ hours and put it into a more user friendly interface with far more help documentation, and error message handling and possibly reporting to enable developers to see where the product needs help.

If we want User Generated BitAssets to take off for example.. the Windows wallet needs to actually work to create one, not just look like you can and then end up figuring out the command line to get done what you want.

I added some unregistered account in my wallet that were invalid and I cannot get them out no matter what I try. The delete button beside them are deceptive in its functionality.

There are just a lot of things that can be done in this space that WILL get people excited about bitshares and make them talk about the experience being so intuitive instead of being unfinished/unpolished.

Start making the client for non-developers and non-crypto users.. and start making it for the people.

You don't need a game to get people excited about bitshares... an improved intuitive user experience goes a long way to accomplishing that as the community raves about it.

Oh yeah... and..

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
NO dices etc. on the wallet...

make the wallet more user-friendly for traders so they are motivated to TRADE and not to PLAY !!!

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I thought this was an excellent idea, and I believe the risk/reward ratio is highly in our favor. Bytemaster said that by the end of the year, anyone will be able to do this with smart contracts anyways, so the concerns about potential "regulatory crackdown" for gambling are a moot point. To turn down the opportunity to create some desperately needed utility for bitAssets at this point would be foolish.

As for user adoption, think about how many people play "bingo" instant lottery tickets. Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Imagine if they found out that they could play them online, using real money, to win real money. A lightweight wallet that you could fund and then play? And completely decentralized, so people from every country in the world would be driving the jackpots higher and higher. The upside potential is huge, considering the 80 hours it would take to implement. (bytemaster's estimate).

Without a major fiat portal to support the price of BTS , do you really think BTA can be used by millions of users ?
Until the fully decentralized trading status achieved (tens of thousands of gateways around the world) , we shouldn't be gambling with the only fiat portal at hand , period .

BTA relies on BTS .

This is true. After seeing many other post from Chinese members, I am now convinced that perhaps it would not be a good idea to add anything that has to do with gambling. At least until there is a much more robust gateway system in China.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

There is only one truth
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fuzzy

Absolutely not. We need to focus on getting a stable client and marketing of bitAssets. This is completely counter-productive and will only drag things further. Don't forget the original vision. Don't get distracted by 'funny' ideas. BitShares needs to be a successful user friendly decentralized exchange first, with stable client, etc. This is just a distraction that has nothing to do with BitShares. This is why Play exists, a chain for gaming and betting.

Don't try to fix what's not broken. Set an objective and follow through. It's common sense if one tries to do many things at the same time, it will only create a mess in the end. Better focus on a single objective and have it done perfectly than having multiple ideas around and trying to do multiple things at the same time because in the end, the result will be awful. Not to mention it's a waste of time an resources BitShares cannot allow to have in order to keep up with the race.

This is just straying from the path. Just focus please. Remember the original goals. Please don't mess this up.

Akado Akado Akado.... *claps*.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Absolutely not. We need to focus on getting a stable client and marketing of bitAssets. This is completely counter-productive and will only drag things further. Don't forget the original vision. Don't get distracted by 'funny' ideas. BitShares needs to be a successful user friendly decentralized exchange first, with stable client, etc. This is just a distraction that has nothing to do with BitShares. This is why Play exists, a chain for gaming and betting.

Don't try to fix what's not broken. Set an objective and follow through. It's common sense if one tries to do many things at the same time, it will only create a mess in the end. Better focus on a single objective and have it done perfectly than having multiple ideas around and trying to do multiple things at the same time because in the end, the result will be awful. Not to mention it's a waste of time an resources BitShares cannot allow to have in order to keep up with the race.

This is just straying from the path. Just focus please. Remember the original goals. Please don't mess this up.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:06:48 am by Akado »

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
nope , 3 months ago , it was BM himself said gambling in super-dac would be a "political incorrect" idea .

The sudden latching onto this by BM shows me he is realizing we are in a desperate situation. The merger happened after he figured out that BTSX was in trouble and it gave a temporary lifeline. Now he sees gambling as a way to prop it up.

BTC is about to take a massive dive. If as expected it pulls down BTS with it it means the whole system would collapse on itself as dilution have to be increased to fund the developers. All the while BM would be preaching the BitShares 'philosophy' with the BitAssets gather dust.

In China , gamble is public enemy No.1 of every family .
People worry their kids and spouses to gamble away all their savings .
If a mother found out his teenage son spent 100USD on a gambling game easily , she will contact the major media and expose the game provider .  Where his son deposit their money , exchanges , gateways , whatever , BTS would turned into a monster in a matter days .
The police would have to act on the complaint .

Anyway , I guess not only China . This thing is controlled in the US as well .

Especially in the Bitcoin dive , it's too risky to risk the only fiat portal we could afford in 6 months .

I still remembers the debit card fiasco . Wanting something doesn't make it true , hard work and serious product will get us out of the jam . Hell , if this had been done in the past months instead of thinking about all those unrealistic plans , we could have stable mobile wallet using in Africa by now with billions of potential BitUSD and BitCNY demands .  Our guy in Africa is still waiting a stable protocol and mobile wallet , I have to calm him down and stall him to use our product . (this guy is serious , contact with richest Chinese in Africa )

Why not grab those we can afford right in front of our eyes instead wasting time chasing dreams ?

I find it ironic that you say gambling is public enemy #1 in china, yet the investment in crypto currencies that we are trying to push is one of the riskiest investments one could make. And if gambling is viewed so horribly in china, why is Macau the biggest gambling center on the planet?

Macau is a special section in China . It didn't even use the same political system .

Investment in crypto is just like investment in stock market . Gamble is gamble .

If you're gonna argue stock market is gamble , then be my guest .
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
nope , 3 months ago , it was BM himself said gambling in super-dac would be a "political incorrect" idea .

The sudden latching onto this by BM shows me he is realizing we are in a desperate situation. The merger happened after he figured out that BTSX was in trouble and it gave a temporary lifeline. Now he sees gambling as a way to prop it up.

BTC is about to take a massive dive. If as expected it pulls down BTS with it it means the whole system would collapse on itself as dilution have to be increased to fund the developers. All the while BM would be preaching the BitShares 'philosophy' with the BitAssets gather dust.

In China , gamble is public enemy No.1 of every family .
People worry their kids and spouses to gamble away all their savings .
If a mother found out his teenage son spent 100USD on a gambling game easily , she will contact the major media and expose the game provider .  Where his son deposit their money , exchanges , gateways , whatever , BTS would turned into a monster in a matter days .
The police would have to act on the complaint .

Anyway , I guess not only China . This thing is controlled in the US as well .

Especially in the Bitcoin dive , it's too risky to risk the only fiat portal we could afford in 6 months .

I still remembers the debit card fiasco . Wanting something doesn't make it true , hard work and serious product will get us out of the jam . Hell , if this had been done in the past months instead of thinking about all those unrealistic plans , we could have stable mobile wallet using in Africa by now with billions of potential BitUSD and BitCNY demands .  Our guy in Africa is still waiting a stable protocol and mobile wallet , I have to calm him down and stall him to use our product . (this guy is serious , contact with richest Chinese in Africa )

Why not grab those we can afford right in front of our eyes instead wasting time chasing dreams ?

I find it ironic that you say gambling is public enemy #1 in china, yet the investment in crypto currencies that we are trying to push is one of the riskiest investments one could make. And if gambling is viewed so horribly in china, why is Macau the biggest gambling center on the planet?