Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev-pc.bitcube  (Read 26565 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! (No permanent damage to be expected.)

Get well soon!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Thanks guys! (No permanent damage to be expected.)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

iHashFury

Rest easy and get well soon.

38PTSWarrior

Hi pc, gute besserung mann!

Offline svk

Yea get well soon PC, hope it's nothing permanent!  Health > Work!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Just a quick update - my plans have experienced a serious setback. I spent the last 12 days in hospital and have returned back home only yesterday. I still haven't recovered fully, but I'm slowly catching up.
Delegate proceeds from May will mostly be carried forward into June. I'll provide a detailed report later.
Rest and get well!

Offline pc

• View Profile
Just a quick update - my plans have experienced a serious setback. I spent the last 12 days in hospital and have returned back home only yesterday. I still haven't recovered fully, but I'm slowly catching up.
Delegate proceeds from May will mostly be carried forward into June. I'll provide a detailed report later.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Btw, you seemingly didn't have an issue working for free for PTS.

I am in the very fortunate position that the line between my personal interests and my work is very thin and sometimes blurred.
PTS-DPOS was an opportunity to brush up my rusty C++ and to acquire knowledge of the BTS codebase. IOW I profited in a non-monetary way, AND it served my personal interests.
Same thing here ... my main motivation was to learn a new coding language .. python ... not so much about financial benefits .. though money motivates :)

+5% ... & at the very end you're able to earn more money ... with all the knowledge you're collecting about crypto etc ...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I am in the very fortunate position that the line between my personal interests and my work is very thin and sometimes blurred.
PTS-DPOS was an opportunity to brush up my rusty C++ and to acquire knowledge of the BTS codebase. IOW I profited in a non-monetary way, AND it served my personal interests.
Same thing here ... my main motivation was to learn a new coding language .. python ... not so much about financial benefits .. though money motivates :)

Offline pc

• View Profile

sumantso

It means we should have delegates who already have enough stake in so that they can work at a loss. Otherwise, we will have 6.5 hours work for 150k BTS, next month it will be 3 hours and then we will be told that we need 300k, 500k etc.

I am not against pc delegate. I am against paying him hourly in euros at this moment. He can get the delegate active again when price goes up.

I perfectly understand what you mean. However, you have to be realistic.
You can't expect people to work on increasing the value of *your* shares without getting reasonable payment for their work. BM and his team are a rare exception, and even they are looking for alternative funding.

With all that in mind, is the 6.5 hours you put in even needed. Yes, BM and his team are an exception (not that he has much to complain about, seeing as its his hare brained schemes which is partly responsible for the state we are in now), but since we do have them, why waste 150k shares a month for a quarter of a day's work?

Much better if these dilutions get stored somewhere and then used later to pay for work when/if price recovers. paying market price right now is  a waste IMHO.

Offline pc

• View Profile
It means we should have delegates who already have enough stake in so that they can work at a loss. Otherwise, we will have 6.5 hours work for 150k BTS, next month it will be 3 hours and then we will be told that we need 300k, 500k etc.

I am not against pc delegate. I am against paying him hourly in euros at this moment. He can get the delegate active again when price goes up.

I perfectly understand what you mean. However, you have to be realistic.
You can't expect people to work on increasing the value of *your* shares without getting reasonable payment for their work. BM and his team are a rare exception, and even they are looking for alternative funding.

sumantso

Work / accounting report for April: http://bts.quisquis.de/delegate/report.html

Good work, pc.

I guess the 6.5 hours work in a month was of such a high quality that you were impressed and found useful?

Personally, I feel it is pointless to dilute if we are paying in fiat terms when the price is like this. I felt the same when the price was 4-5 times and it is even more apparent now. Its better that the delegate is removed and is restored when/if price recovers. Otherwise it is just unnecessary dilution.

i disagree with you on this point. So you mean ... if price goes down ... delegates should get removed until price will increase again?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Good work, pc.

I guess the 6.5 hours work in a month was of such a high quality that you were impressed and found useful?

Personally, I feel it is pointless to dilute if we are paying in fiat terms when the price is like this. I felt the same when the price was 4-5 times and it is even more apparent now. Its better that the delegate is removed and is restored when/if price recovers. Otherwise it is just unnecessary dilution.

i disagree with you on this point. So you mean ... if price goes down ... delegates should get removed until price will increase again?

sumantso

Good work, pc.