Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev-pc.bitcube  (Read 26322 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
An important difference between my normal work and this proposal is that normally I don't have to pay 60k BTS up front just to apply for a job. I have done this here because I have confidence in my capabilities as a software developer. I trust the community to make the right decision here, and all I'm asking for is a little trust in return - if I don't live up to expectations you can always downvote me again.

And that's why I think this fee is really making a good job!  :)
We want to attract only the best of the best out there... And I think it is happening...

I will vote for you as soon as I can  ;)

Offline onceuponatime

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Xeldal

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Vikram's endorsement has pushed me off the fence. I will vote for you and good luck!

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Will your delegate bitcube be providing price feeds?

I will be providing feeds.
Thanks voted  :)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

I will be providing feeds.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

As bytemaster stated here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13988.msg181865#msg181865, the current core team is now very focused and making steady progress. However, there are still many outstanding issues that we currently do not have the resources to address.

I think Peter makes a strong proposal, and even with the currently low exchange rate, I believe we can find some relatively low-hanging fruit for him to work on which would not conflict with anyone else's work, but still provide valuable polish and improve usability. Note that some discussion is still required in order to decide on specific tasks, but once decided, he will be held accountable at the various levels--by his delegate operator, by myself and the rest of the dev team, and by all of the shareholders.

Given the above, I support and endorse this proposal.

I work with pc on the PTS-DPOS project and I find him a highly professional and committed person.  Besides being skillful in what he is doing, he is a determined person who has proven to deliver quality (many-a-time innovative) work and most importantly on time. 

Some time in mid Dec'14, we discovered the same the same transaction malleability bug that affected bitshares was found in PTS-DPOS too.  It was a serious bug that allowed double-spending. We knew we were fighting for time to avoid the bug being exploited by hackers, the result could be wide spread panic among users.  pc worked on a solution meticulously and with a deep sense of urgency.  Within a day or so, he fixed the bug, tested it and readied for a new released - PTS-DPOS v2.01.  (PTS-DPOS v2.01 has been working smoothly since released). It is during this time that I could feel the deep sense of commitment and responsibility in pc.  I enjoy working with him.

I have no doubt that pc would provide tremendous values to the Bitshares team.  I would be helping to review his work for the tasks assigned to him.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:17:58 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Thanks for the proposal. Your willingness to help sounds genuine. However, I would like to hear from some core dev team members as far as whether your proposal helps fill their need. And I'd like to be sure this remains a synergistic and cohesive team, rather than a sum of its parts. The other dev delegate candidates so far have already proven themselves as part of this team. If you get some of the current devs to endorse you, that would mean a lot to me.

For what it's worth, I used it as an example of a great delegate proposal over on bitcointalk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=940298.msg10351222#msg10351222

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I talked to Peter in person and I am certain that he will deliver honest and high quality work!

I will vote as soon as I can.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline svk

You'll have my vote as well, you did good work on PTS and I'm sure you'll be a valuable addition.

First task: add the signed message stake import function from PTS? :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I have looked at other delegate proposals before writing mine. What has often surprised me is that candidates describe *what* they are planning to do, but not *how long* it will take them. So effectively shareholders don't know how much these plans are going to cost them.

OTOH the type of work I have to offer has a market price. I'm even staying below that, because I like the project. Shareholders can decide if they want to pay market rates for developers or not. I will publish a list of what I've done and how much I'm charging for it. Shareholders can verify results and decide if the results are worth what I'm asking - if not they can fire me. That's how the freelance developer market works.

An important difference between my normal work and this proposal is that normally I don't have to pay 60k BTS up front just to apply for a job. I have done this here because I have confidence in my capabilities as a software developer. I trust the community to make the right decision here, and all I'm asking for is a little trust in return - if I don't live up to expectations you can always downvote me again.

well said - yup understand your concerns ! You'll get me vote.. like your attitude!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Thanks for your feedback and/or support everybody! :-)

Your willingness to help sounds genuine. However, I would like to hear from some core dev team members as far as whether your proposal helps fill their need. And I'd like to be sure this remains a synergistic and cohesive team, rather than a sum of its parts. The other dev delegate candidates so far have already proven themselves as part of this team. If you get some of the current devs to endorse you, that would mean a lot to me.

I have contacted the core devs before registering my delegate and received positive feedback - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to pay the reg fee. Of course I'd be happy too if they could show their support also in this thread. Edit - thanks Vikram!

I'm aware that for various reasons I won't become a member of the core team in the foreseeable future, but that is not my intent. My plan is to work on less critical tasks that the core team currently cannot take on due to lack of resources.

I dont understand you are charging your own rate and not based on delegate percentage? What if delegate pay halves you spend less time? How will stakeholders have visibility in terms of how manyhours you put in? It should be results driven rather than per hour... If you are saying youneed 2 delegates at 100% thats different but it will wouldnt be enough to cover you working fulltime so again I dont get it.

Btw since price is low devs have to understand this and charge less for example I have similar experience level as you but I am planning on running a delegate for my shopping carts which took over 2 months to develop and probably another 2 to finish off all the work and doesnt count setup which was a big chunk and also hosting fees etc of over $200 per month. I know i wont get the same compensation as the core devs that got 3m bts in bonus and more for their work but those that relocated hit the gold mine especially as price was high then.

Until it rises back up i would expect a core dev to work for 1 100% delegate for one project in parallel with other projects

I have looked at other delegate proposals before writing mine. What has often surprised me is that candidates describe *what* they are planning to do, but not *how long* it will take them. So effectively shareholders don't know how much these plans are going to cost them.

OTOH the type of work I have to offer has a market price. I'm even staying below that, because I like the project. Shareholders can decide if they want to pay market rates for developers or not. I will publish a list of what I've done and how much I'm charging for it. Shareholders can verify results and decide if the results are worth what I'm asking - if not they can fire me. That's how the freelance developer market works.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:50:58 am by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline vikram

Thanks for the proposal. Your willingness to help sounds genuine. However, I would like to hear from some core dev team members as far as whether your proposal helps fill their need. And I'd like to be sure this remains a synergistic and cohesive team, rather than a sum of its parts. The other dev delegate candidates so far have already proven themselves as part of this team. If you get some of the current devs to endorse you, that would mean a lot to me.

As bytemaster stated here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13988.msg181865#msg181865, the current core team is now very focused and making steady progress. However, there are still many outstanding issues that we currently do not have the resources to address.

I think Peter makes a strong proposal, and even with the currently low exchange rate, I believe we can find some relatively low-hanging fruit for him to work on which would not conflict with anyone else's work, but still provide valuable polish and improve usability. Note that some discussion is still required in order to decide on specific tasks, but once decided, he will be held accountable at the various levels--by his delegate operator, by myself and the rest of the dev team, and by all of the shareholders.

Given the above, I support and endorse this proposal.