Author Topic: Project Bring Back Method's Passion...  (Read 10685 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Interesting Thread... And interesting read.

All history.  Method is back and beating the pavement.  It worked.  End of story :D

What?

I am pretty sure is working on the project to teach people about encryption.   "Darknet"

hmm....... TITAN is not entirely dark , you know ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

All history.  Method is back and beating the pavement.  It worked.  End of story :D

What?

I am pretty sure is working on the project to teach people about encryption.   "Darknet"
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

What?

Offline fuzzy

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline onceuponatime

Thanks for showing support everyone. The only thing that's changed is I no longer spend time on the forum, as it takes up way too much of my time. I was elected to put delegate funds toward strategic advertising funnels, which I'm continuing to do. I'll be keeping my community involvement to a minimum as my schedule is now much fuller than it was a few months ago. Fortunately, putting money into online advertising is hands off enough for me to continue doing with minimal time commitment.

So far I've been putting funds toward TorAds and the upcoming Thunderclap campaign. I've also saved up (almost) enough for a month long banner ad on coinmarketcap. As I originally intended, nullstreet has taken on a life of its own and no longer requires me to keep up the momentum. I set an example for others to follow and they have: if everyone contributes their skill set in small ways, that leads to a really big impact. Nullstreet has become a community effort.

I still love BitShares and expect it has a bright future ahead of it. I will contribute in areas my skills are strongest (i.e. copy, strategy, advertising) but as a volunteer and entrepreneur, I cannot make leading this marketing initiative my full time job. I have a company of my own to grow and focus on.

TL;DR I'm still around doing my thing, just not posting on the forums as much.

i feel the need for a new update.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
You make another very valid point here...delegate pay does not equate to much with respect to resources.  This makes it even more important for us all to work together and find the perfect balance between centralization of power and decentralization. Noone ever said this was going to be easy, but in the end if those who sacrifice for this project create a better world it is worth it.

well said!  +5% 2nd that!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

Quote from: Empirical1.2 link=topic=14073.msg183377#msg183377
+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.

Basically this. I have next to no resources to do anything significant and even if I did have resources, I wouldn't have the time to commit to seeing they were spent wisely. Directing an entire marketing initiative is a full time job and I don't think some people understand this.

Understood. Glad to see more communication. It is essential.

You make another very valid point here...delegate pay does not equate to much with respect to resources.  This makes it even more important for us all to work together and find the perfect balance between centralization of power and decentralization. Noone ever said this was going to be easy, but in the end if those who sacrifice for this project create a better world it is worth it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:00:46 am by fuzzy »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Quote from: Empirical1.2 link=topic=14073.msg183377#msg183377
+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.

Basically this. I have next to no resources to do anything significant and even if I did have resources, I wouldn't have the time to commit to seeing they were spent wisely. Directing an entire marketing initiative is a full time job and I don't think some people understand this.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks for showing support everyone. The only thing that's changed is I no longer spend time on the forum, as it takes up way too much of my time. I was elected to put delegate funds toward strategic advertising funnels, which I'm continuing to do. I'll be keeping my community involvement to a minimum as my schedule is now much fuller than it was a few months ago. Fortunately, putting money into online advertising is hands off enough for me to continue doing with minimal time commitment.

So far I've been putting funds toward TorAds and the upcoming Thunderclap campaign. I've also saved up (almost) enough for a month long banner ad on coinmarketcap. As I originally intended, nullstreet has taken on a life of its own and no longer requires me to keep up the momentum. I set an example for others to follow and they have: if everyone contributes their skill set in small ways, that leads to a really big impact. Nullstreet has become a community effort.

I still love BitShares and expect it has a bright future ahead of it. I will contribute in areas my skills are strongest (i.e. copy, strategy, advertising) but as a volunteer and entrepreneur, I cannot make leading this marketing initiative my full time job. I have a company of my own to grow and focus on.

Thanks for the input and eliminating the speculations.  +5%

If anybody wants to show their solidarity with your efforts they can always DelegateTip you! :D Anybody wanting some free DelegateTip can go here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14109.0 . Sorry if that seems like hijacking the thread.. but its the new way to say thanks to delegates like MethodX that a lot of you seem to want to express. :)

Only if they knew his account name.

haha.. yeah that would be helpful wouldn't it! :D
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

If anybody wants to show their solidarity with your efforts they can always DelegateTip you! :D Anybody wanting some free DelegateTip can go here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14109.0 . Sorry if that seems like hijacking the thread.. but its the new way to say thanks to delegates like MethodX that a lot of you seem to want to express. :)

Only if they knew his account name.

Offline yellowecho

Great news and nice to see you around again  :)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline fuzzy

Maybe it is just my military experience but i tend to really trust and sacrifice far more for those who sacrifice for something they believe in and this is even more true when the times get tough. 

I also inderstand the value of trying to uplift others when they need it...because sometimes even the most staunch wills are tested.  That is where community comes in i think.

@futz: I wonder why he reached out to the devs and not the shareholders? There is no nees to ask for permission anylonger

I am not altogether sure but i suspect it could have to do with a concern over losing the delegate.  But then again method has already openly stated that the delegate and nullstreet site would eventually be community owned and run and it seems like he is moving to keep that promise so it isnt like something he (or anyone else) wants to do will hurt nullstreet.  Even if that delegate was taken down because x kept running videos with stacey and for some very odd reason lost the nullstreet delegate because of it, there are 3 other marketing delegates in nullstreet.  That promise from method gave a great deal of respect for him in the very beginning...that is one reason i believe he is someone we dont want to lose. Anyone willing to sacrifice their own time to empower everyone else is A+ in my book.  Any of the nullstreet gang have updates on the multisig and open ownership of nullstreet?

He is not done yet kids

That is truly great news!  Thanks for this.  Any idea what has changed?  Maybe this is the key!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:30:02 pm by fuzzy »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
@futz: I wonder why he reached out to the devs and not the shareholders? There is no nees to ask for permission anylonger

This was part of the underlying issue that caused this thread I suspect.  No one has any clue what is going on with him but I think people have come to realize he isn't leaving regardless of what his disagreement is so people are content.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

+5%

BUT

PS I assume because devs = big share holders

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

Method is good but rgcrypto is more effective and spending more time on it.

If you want to fund someone with a delegate basically you backing someone with your delegate funding, go with rgcrpyto.

Im all for having like 50 paid delegates to make the ecosystem.

Method will come back as long as we (bitshares) doesnt get shot down by a black swan or even a known unknown.

I will say this...at least it started a conversation that was needed...though I am seriously wondering if it had the wrong effect. 

This is partially me to blame though probably.  When method told me this I went into "protection mode" and started wandering back to days when I had previously complained in silence about this stuff.  At first I was wondering if he was getting screwed over in some way (I found this out when reaching out to him to offer to brig stacey in to meet our community...to help with the context).

Then I asked for details and only got frustration about something between devs decisions and his thoughts on the matter in only a couple sentences.

Then I started asking for more details and got none.  At this point I reach out to the devs.  I let them know but receive no response.   

At this point I reach out to marketing volunteers and delegates from nullstreet...I was concerned on many levels.

So my options at this point are:
1) just move forward and not let the community (and many people busting their bits/sacrificing) to take an inquisition-posture
Or
2) to try to get our community to reach out on a differet level and with a different intention.

I understand miras point but after you watch a community go through as much as we have over the last year, you start realizin that keeping secret somwthing until it becomes the elephant in the room is as far from productive as it gets...and It hurts far more when it inevitably blows up. 

Though this thread has taken on a life all its own, I think it is a good thing.  There is a reason why I started community-driven hangouts.   Because first and foremost that is my concern. 

My thoughts on method still stand.  We should reach out and say thanks.

And I hope in the future if delegates are having issues that they will communicate better as opposed to leavong things hanging in the air.

We rely on you to help make this work!

zerosum

maybe we must find the real reason's behind it and fix things...

he is not the only one with such feelings, isn't it?

so maybe something is really wrong (?)...

@Stan  we need a post from you  :)

@tonyk from you also  :P

Sure, Dani...

A man with a great ego (BIGGER than Mount Olympus) came and said 'I am the greatest. I can fix it, just watch!'.... 'I will take nothing for myself'
When he realized he had to do just that, and not gain any immediate benefits for himself he left...
Anything not so clear about the situation?

... Dani, or anybody else?

PS
I do not know why you asked for my opinion....they are usually not very cuddly, as you must know by now...

PSS
And a solution how to have a decent/enough funding for any marketing (or other) project, is available. I have described it for anybody serious enough to use , so... the 'he needs 5 delegates' argument does not fly with me...

PSSS
One that note, the guy came promised the sky and then had a second thoughts...he did not take any money for himself so let him be....
ask the guy who got  $500K USD what is he doing on a daily bases...
and or the guy who got 1M BTS bonus for one semi-finished article...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:32:26 am by tonyk2 »

Nullstreet is fine.  Methodx said he had other opportunities he wants to attend to so he can not dedicate as much time.  This concerns people.  I'm counseling people to not worry about it.  Trying to wishfully will someone to be a leader when they don't want ot work is not the correct approach.  If methodx wants to take time off that is fine.  He was critical in bringing null-street together and has done some other things but the marketing effort will not die off because of him.  I think Nullstreet has brought some more people out of the woodwork and so even if Methodx has no more time to give us, we are still way ahead from where we'd be without him.

Thanks for this.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Nullstreet is fine.  Methodx said he had other opportunities he wants to attend to so he can not dedicate as much time.  This concerns people.  I'm counseling people to not worry about it.  Trying to wishfully will someone to be a leader when they don't want ot work is not the correct approach.  If methodx wants to take time off that is fine.  He was critical in bringing null-street together and has done some other things but the marketing effort will not die off because of him.  I think Nullstreet has brought some more people out of the woodwork and so even if Methodx has no more time to give us, we are still way ahead from where we'd be without him.

Offline mitao

• View Profile
Anyone can tell me wat happened? Method left? How about nustreet?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Method is good but rgcrypto is more effective and spending more time on it.

If you want to fund someone with a delegate basically you backing someone with your delegate funding, go with rgcrpyto.

Im all for having like 50 paid delegates to make the ecosystem.

Method will come back as long as we (bitshares) doesnt get shot down by a black swan or even a known unknown.

Family is one thing.  This is another.  Personally, if I were to need a little lift, I would want the choice of publicly announcing it, and if someone else made that choice for me I'd be spitting fire. 

I've seen you spit fire!! Don't mess with the Mira!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mira

• View Profile
This was not needed

Anytime there is someone in your family who needs a little lift, do we walk away from them or do we let them know we are there for them? 

Family is one thing.  This is another.  Personally, if I were to need a little lift, I would want the choice of publicly announcing it, and if someone else made that choice for me I'd be spitting fire. 

...  he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  ...

^^ THIS^^ 
Whether or not a delegate is following through with the proposals that got them voted in is the only relevant discussion on this forum, IMHO.  Anything else is unnecessary drama.

Good point.  +5%

You can only lead a horse to water.

Think this has been done in spades.

If it had the desired impact, I think we would have heard something from him by now.

Hope he does well in his endevours... pretty sure when the affiliate program kicks in you will see him and others popping in.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This was not needed

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves

How about we offer him five more delegate positions

+5%

Agree - how about a thread to call the people getting angel share funds to be more transparent, hard-working and innovative.

Then let's also vote in some more delegates to fund Method because no matter how much volunteering some people do - it's still a value equation and  Incentives Rule The World

Also FYI Method brought ideas and production to the table only to be told by devs that they didn't like his marketing angle - Stacey.  We hadn't even tried one video.

Yeah, I think we need to be able to offer a salary to a main marketing guy whether we want that to be Method or someone else. Personally my vote would go to Method though if he was interested.

It would have been great to try 1 Stacey video for sure. Whatever happens I'm especially grateful that when you search our main product, 'BitUSD' that 'WhatisBitUSD.com' is there at least. Great little site.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
This was not needed

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves

+5%

Agree - how about a thread to call the people getting angel share funds to be more transparent, hard-working and innovative.

Then let's also vote in some more delegates to fund Method because no matter how much volunteering some people do - it's still all part of a personal value equation and  Incentives Rule The World

Also FYI Method brought ideas and production to the table only to be told by devs that they didn't like his marketing angle - Stacey.  We hadn't even tried one video. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:13:26 pm by Carpet Ride »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This was not needed

+5%

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
This was not needed

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I will short my shit out of bitUSDs & bitEUROs if MethodX gives a  +5% on this picture!!!

Offline fuzzy

This was not needed

Anytime there is someone in your family who needs a little lift, do we walk away from them or do we let them know we are there for them? 

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves privately )

I know what it is like to know you are working on a project you have passion for but then at times have that passion wane.  This is especially true when in the outside world you see great opportunities come knocking and then pass you by.  And even moreso when others can be so intent on spending their time writing huge posts explaining why you are not doing well enough to meet their standards with the small amount of resources at your disposal--as opposed to taking that time to lend a hand.

This wasn't meant to be an announcement to the world that Marketing was dead!  This was meant to be a call to action for all of us to reach into our hearts and connect with someone who did bust his butt for us at a time when we needed it most. 

I hope you guys consider these words...it took me a good bit of introspection to realize this myself and I still need to be reminded at times (thanks btw mira).  We should never be afraid to confront both the dark and bright sides of our humanity...and we should never be afraid to be honest with ourselves.  At first I was mad about it, but the more I sit and think, the more I realize just how valuable all of you are.  Every single one of you.  Method is one of us...and I don't want him to leave damnit!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:55:05 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i'm personally thinking, if we would pay him a usual salary he would work more again! Maybe i'm wrong. But i'm getting same problems right now!
Currently i'm working 160+ h a month for approx 960€ (i'm paying 650€ rent per month).
I would love to assist more but due salary issues...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:41:57 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Personally I believe he has nothing he can do till the proper funnel (online wallet, light wallet) comes online and he will be better at converting the traffic from his building up of delegate funds.

This was not needed but Fuzzy is our community evangelist.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

There is a very fundamental problem when everyone puts so much importance on one person who doesn't really want to be the leader anymore. This is not the organizational structure you will want in a DAC.

If this person is actively differed to by others then this situation can become a real bottleneck. Unless they have demonstrated unique proven skills then the bottleneck needs to be routed around until it has been corrected by whatever other means. (A freeing up of time?)

I hope methodx continues to find time to work on bitshares projects. He did good work.

Is there any chance we can delete this thread and work on achieving this with private communications?

I really dont think bitshares needs even more disappointing news right now.  MethodX has done a lot for us, and I'm sure he will do more again in the future at some point, and his delegate money is going towards needed advertising campaigns.

I worry that this thread will be interpreted by the chinese community as "the western people are doing nothing" which would be innacurate.

I understand your trepidation... Personally I would not fret over what the Chinese think on this. This is just a personal plea to someone.. though they might not have done it in such a public manner the way this is. People here do things differently sometimes.

bitsharesmarket assessment seems about right. Not the right time or place for him right now with all he has on the go.. I know the feeling well... past leaving a bad taste is also understandable. Perhaps if he saw some of the more recent cool stuff going on he might get excited.. Maybe someone should create a futures on him coming back :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Being a businessman and judging a venture by its ROI is all very well. But at the end of the day, the real question is: do you believe? Do you fuckin' believe in this project or not? If you believe, then sacrifice a little. There are plenty of people working for free, or damn near free, to push the hell of of BitShares because we BELIEVE in its future.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Is there any chance we can delete this thread and work on achieving this with private communications?

I really dont think bitshares needs even more disappointing news right now.  MethodX has done a lot for us, and I'm sure he will do more again in the future at some point, and his delegate money is going towards needed advertising campaigns.

I worry that this thread will be interpreted by the chinese community as "the western people are doing nothing" which would be innacurate.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
Being a businessman and judging a venture by its ROI is all very well. But at the end of the day, the real question is: do you believe? Do you fuckin' believe in this project or not? If you believe, then sacrifice a little. There are plenty of people working for free, or damn near free, to push the hell of of BitShares because we BELIEVE in its future.

When a majority of the community was still waiting on the secret sauce marketing campaign to launch, it was Method-X that grabbed a few of us such as Gamey, Fuzzy that were contributing in the graveyard of a marketing thread. Nullstreet launched and we all slowly reached out to those we felt we would be interested in contributing. Those people in turn pulled others into the mix.  We started producing results, the marketing director stepped down and the direction of BitShares marketing was forever changed. Asking him to sacrifice a little makes my skin crawl. 

Whatever he decides to do in the future, as an investor, I thank him for all he did.   His delegate is in the hands of the voters, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

- The Boxtroll of BitShares

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini

Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline mint chocolate chip

The dude is a talented guy and really made some nice progress here, but the reality is Method-X is a businessman that is juggling multiple businesses each with its own time commitments. I think he initially misjudged how the time/effort commitment was going to effect his other higher priority endeavors and it was obvious he became frustrated with the sad fact that there is just virtually no readily available funds for marketing. Even a simple banner ad on coinmarketcap was going to cost him nearly his full delegate salary per month. Businessmen like Method-X can quickly figure out the ROI for their time is just not worth it. The reality is that such a small income is likely going to have a negligible impact and a marketer here has to answer to literally hundreds of shareholders, many of which have their own opinion on how best to spend the delegate's income.

This is no surprise, he has been saying as much on Nullstreet for weeks now. With this thread, his status as a hired delegate is possibly in jeopardy. I have noticed a couple members of Nullstreet have even started discussing contingency plans to possibly move the marketing discussion if need be.

Offline nz

• View Profile
Chin up Method-X  :D.
Dig deep and think where we could be in a years time. We all need you here man.

"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline Thom

I can honestly say I am disappointed to hear of MethodX's "disenchantment" with BitShares. I thought the guy brought great passion to the project and was an inspiration to others through his leadership, moving forward on his own initiative to fill the gap that was so obvious to many in our community.

I truly hope the reason for his lack of enthusiasm is less about the project and more about things going on in his personal life.

On the other hand, if it is the result of not seeing growth and tangible progress as anticipated in the metrics he is focused on, then perhaps his metrics need adjustment.

If you are dedicated to the principles BitShares is based on it will give you the strength to persevere when short term metrics tell you to move on. It is this level of dedication we need to realize the grand goals to change the world. I hope I wasn't wrong in thinking MethodX had that deep, core level commitment to the core principles that fuels the passion that moves this project forward.

We all have choices to make, and sometimes the cost / benefit analysis of them lead us toward the benefit side and away from the costs, but following virtuous principles frequently demand long term thinking, sacrifice and tenacity. Which path will you take?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline edilliam

I have "Black Swan" and also another of his books "Fooled by Randomness" in my roughly 5ft high "To Read" pile atm.  :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's a marathon, not a dash. When you work with people, one thing you find out is who you can count on when things really matter. Adversity is a good test. Some people are finishers; others aren't. There isn't a whole lot you can do about those that aren't finishers. I hope we can continue counting on Method-X because he has brought a lot of passion and skills.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:40:46 am by donkeypong »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Read this book and your passion will come back instantly !  (just saying) :D   

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
maybe we must find the real reason's behind it and fix things...

he is not the only one with such feelings, isn't it?

so maybe something is really wrong (?)...

@Stan  we need a post from you  :)

@tonyk from you also  :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:29:20 am by liondani »

merockstar

It's just a down period in crypto.

A gigantic buying opportunity, not a time to lose passion.

I haven't been on here in a couple weeks because this new job has been running me into the ground with 80+ hour workweeks. What a disheartening post to come back to.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
now is not the time to loose passion in this project.

more people get projects rolling and it will increase in the future. at the moment crypto is not so popular, but i am 100% sure, we need now to lay the roads and tracks to be ready when the people starting for looking after alternatives.

so, maybe we should make a big google hanghout meeting with camera etc., because someone to know not only with written words or the sound of the voice will increase the bounding of our little group.

Offline edilliam

It can certainly often feel like a thankless task working in a decentralized environment. You don't necessarily get the same supporting feedback that you would get in a more traditional workplace with periodic reviews from your manager and coworkers beside you to support you through tough times etc. One thing we as a community seem to be very "good" at is mistrusting people, criticizing them, forcing them to prove that they are delivering etc. That's unfortunately important to protect our projects. But, for the workers it can then be easy to focus more on the negative stuff and not the positive.

I've personally always appreciated Method-X's hard work and commitment. He was one of the first to stand up and take the reigns when the original western marketing division faltered. I've watched a bubbling enthusiasm over at Nullstreet do amazing stuff and spawn multiple amazing projects. I think Method is appreciated by a lot of us in the community, I just think we are a bit crap at showing it sometimes and perhaps we need to figure out better systems of motivating each other.

Offline fuzzy

We all go through trying times in our lives.  We all hurt, we all get frustrated and angry with our situations.  We all fear "missing out" on any number of things we find important and valuable to ourselves. 

When we are in these difficult times it is easy to lose ourselves in feelings of hopelessness to what our higher selves believe is possible.  It becomes too easy at these times to lose interest in the beauty of what surrounds us in these moments...and it is the nature of our humanity that we must endure these struggles. 

Luckily, the beautiful thing about humanity is our own capability to uplift another person who has lost hope.  To extend a hand and our own hope to reaffirm the truth of the infinite possibilities of which we are capable.  And the most amazing thing about this existence is that in these instances, it not only uplifts the person who was down, but also reaffirms and empowers those reaching out in their capacity to feel the endless fulfillment of our infinite creative capacity. 

Recently I was told by one of our community's oldest friends that he was losing his passion for this project.  At first I defaulted to the past when our community had gone through difficult times due to someone in a position similar to his.  Method-X is so valuable.  And if he loses passion for any project, his presence will be missed. 

Every time we hang out, each of you teaches me in some small way to try to be a better person--and you leave me with new questions of what is possible.  You have reaffirmed for me the hope that must endure for my passion to continue burning brightly.  And with this new-found hope I propose you each extend a hand at this time to an invaluable member of the BitShares family-- Method-X.   Please lets fill his inbox with messages of appreciation for all he has done...

If he thinks he has lost his passion for this project, lets prove to him that passion cannot be lost--simply misplaced.  Let's lift some couch cushions and help him find it... 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:19:18 pm by fuzzy »