Author Topic: Project Bring Back Method's Passion...  (Read 10522 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
@futz: I wonder why he reached out to the devs and not the shareholders? There is no nees to ask for permission anylonger

This was part of the underlying issue that caused this thread I suspect.  No one has any clue what is going on with him but I think people have come to realize he isn't leaving regardless of what his disagreement is so people are content.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
@futz: I wonder why he reached out to the devs and not the shareholders? There is no nees to ask for permission anylonger

+5%

BUT

PS I assume because devs = big share holders

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

Method is good but rgcrypto is more effective and spending more time on it.

If you want to fund someone with a delegate basically you backing someone with your delegate funding, go with rgcrpyto.

Im all for having like 50 paid delegates to make the ecosystem.

Method will come back as long as we (bitshares) doesnt get shot down by a black swan or even a known unknown.

I will say this...at least it started a conversation that was needed...though I am seriously wondering if it had the wrong effect. 

This is partially me to blame though probably.  When method told me this I went into "protection mode" and started wandering back to days when I had previously complained in silence about this stuff.  At first I was wondering if he was getting screwed over in some way (I found this out when reaching out to him to offer to brig stacey in to meet our community...to help with the context).

Then I asked for details and only got frustration about something between devs decisions and his thoughts on the matter in only a couple sentences.

Then I started asking for more details and got none.  At this point I reach out to the devs.  I let them know but receive no response.   

At this point I reach out to marketing volunteers and delegates from nullstreet...I was concerned on many levels.

So my options at this point are:
1) just move forward and not let the community (and many people busting their bits/sacrificing) to take an inquisition-posture
Or
2) to try to get our community to reach out on a differet level and with a different intention.

I understand miras point but after you watch a community go through as much as we have over the last year, you start realizin that keeping secret somwthing until it becomes the elephant in the room is as far from productive as it gets...and It hurts far more when it inevitably blows up. 

Though this thread has taken on a life all its own, I think it is a good thing.  There is a reason why I started community-driven hangouts.   Because first and foremost that is my concern. 

My thoughts on method still stand.  We should reach out and say thanks.

And I hope in the future if delegates are having issues that they will communicate better as opposed to leavong things hanging in the air.

We rely on you to help make this work!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

zerosum

maybe we must find the real reason's behind it and fix things...

he is not the only one with such feelings, isn't it?

so maybe something is really wrong (?)...

@Stan  we need a post from you  :)

@tonyk from you also  :P

Sure, Dani...

A man with a great ego (BIGGER than Mount Olympus) came and said 'I am the greatest. I can fix it, just watch!'.... 'I will take nothing for myself'
When he realized he had to do just that, and not gain any immediate benefits for himself he left...
Anything not so clear about the situation?

... Dani, or anybody else?

PS
I do not know why you asked for my opinion....they are usually not very cuddly, as you must know by now...

PSS
And a solution how to have a decent/enough funding for any marketing (or other) project, is available. I have described it for anybody serious enough to use , so... the 'he needs 5 delegates' argument does not fly with me...

PSSS
One that note, the guy came promised the sky and then had a second thoughts...he did not take any money for himself so let him be....
ask the guy who got  $500K USD what is he doing on a daily bases...
and or the guy who got 1M BTS bonus for one semi-finished article...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:32:26 am by tonyk2 »

Nullstreet is fine.  Methodx said he had other opportunities he wants to attend to so he can not dedicate as much time.  This concerns people.  I'm counseling people to not worry about it.  Trying to wishfully will someone to be a leader when they don't want ot work is not the correct approach.  If methodx wants to take time off that is fine.  He was critical in bringing null-street together and has done some other things but the marketing effort will not die off because of him.  I think Nullstreet has brought some more people out of the woodwork and so even if Methodx has no more time to give us, we are still way ahead from where we'd be without him.

Thanks for this.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Nullstreet is fine.  Methodx said he had other opportunities he wants to attend to so he can not dedicate as much time.  This concerns people.  I'm counseling people to not worry about it.  Trying to wishfully will someone to be a leader when they don't want ot work is not the correct approach.  If methodx wants to take time off that is fine.  He was critical in bringing null-street together and has done some other things but the marketing effort will not die off because of him.  I think Nullstreet has brought some more people out of the woodwork and so even if Methodx has no more time to give us, we are still way ahead from where we'd be without him.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline mitao

• View Profile
Anyone can tell me wat happened? Method left? How about nustreet?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Method is good but rgcrypto is more effective and spending more time on it.

If you want to fund someone with a delegate basically you backing someone with your delegate funding, go with rgcrpyto.

Im all for having like 50 paid delegates to make the ecosystem.

Method will come back as long as we (bitshares) doesnt get shot down by a black swan or even a known unknown.

Family is one thing.  This is another.  Personally, if I were to need a little lift, I would want the choice of publicly announcing it, and if someone else made that choice for me I'd be spitting fire. 

I've seen you spit fire!! Don't mess with the Mira!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mira

• View Profile
This was not needed

Anytime there is someone in your family who needs a little lift, do we walk away from them or do we let them know we are there for them? 

Family is one thing.  This is another.  Personally, if I were to need a little lift, I would want the choice of publicly announcing it, and if someone else made that choice for me I'd be spitting fire. 

...  he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  ...

^^ THIS^^ 
Whether or not a delegate is following through with the proposals that got them voted in is the only relevant discussion on this forum, IMHO.  Anything else is unnecessary drama.

Good point.  +5%

You can only lead a horse to water.

Think this has been done in spades.

If it had the desired impact, I think we would have heard something from him by now.

Hope he does well in his endevours... pretty sure when the affiliate program kicks in you will see him and others popping in.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This was not needed

The only reason I posted this was in hopes that all the community members who saw it would reach out to him, say thank you and offer him some words of appreciation for all he's done.   Have you guys reached out? ( no need to answer...this is a question to ask yourselves

How about we offer him five more delegate positions

+5%

We expect him to play a bigger role in marketing but he's not getting Brian's salary, or any salary. Not getting Brian's bonuses or the hundreds of thousands that were spent on Vote. He lacks resources and incentives. He's and busy talented guy, he still seems to help out where he can, and is still doing an advertising campaign with his delegate pay  but let's look to the people Brian's funds we're spent on and Adam.

Method would just be enriching others and validating poor business decisions by allowing himself to be further exploited imo.

Agree - how about a thread to call the people getting angel share funds to be more transparent, hard-working and innovative.

Then let's also vote in some more delegates to fund Method because no matter how much volunteering some people do - it's still a value equation and  Incentives Rule The World

Also FYI Method brought ideas and production to the table only to be told by devs that they didn't like his marketing angle - Stacey.  We hadn't even tried one video.

Yeah, I think we need to be able to offer a salary to a main marketing guy whether we want that to be Method or someone else. Personally my vote would go to Method though if he was interested.

It would have been great to try 1 Stacey video for sure. Whatever happens I'm especially grateful that when you search our main product, 'BitUSD' that 'WhatisBitUSD.com' is there at least. Great little site.
If you want to take the island burn the boats