Author Topic: NEW DelegateTip Asset *FREE GIVEAWAY THREAD!* Line up everybody line up line up!  (Read 12642 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Bts: huge
Yunbi, has a good view to take responsibility to make a better user experience wallet.

Awesome! I hope he leads the way for more wallets being developed and more competition!

Now you can DelegateTip him!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

id: chr

Toast, as he's taken extra time to answer newbie questions around the forums. Thanks!

Awesome! Now you have the DelegateTip power to show your appreciation! :)

Check your wallet it's there! Use it when ever you want to show your thanks!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Bts: huge
Yunbi, has a good view to take responsibility to make a better user experience wallet.

Offline Chronos

id: chr

Toast, as he's taken extra time to answer newbie questions around the forums. Thanks!

Thanks Bunker Buddy! I just sent my 1,010 DelegateTips to Riverhead and Xeroc. I hope they provide them some utility in the very near future!

Awesome TurkeyLeg!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

TurkeyLeg

Thanks Bunker Buddy! I just sent my 1,010 DelegateTips to Riverhead and Xeroc. I hope they provide them some utility in the very near future!

id: xeroc

plenty of insights coming from empirical1.1/2 ... also worth a mention (arhag, A86, fuzz, liondani, tonyk, luckybit!!! and gamey ..)

hell, just go through the top posters in the forum and they ALL deserve be mentioned here .. most of them are not even paid or just get a 3% from their backbone delegates!!
Much volunteer, very wow! Such community!

@fuzz: wow .. comprehensive list :) +5%!

Awesome post Xeroc!!!  +5%

Now you have 1010 DelegateTip to thank them with! Every time they open their wallets they will see that balance and get all warm and fuzzy (no pun intended fuz :P).
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I think this is great.

But what do you mean by saying that these will be free for now?  I am interested in how you plan on this working out.  There has to be some kind of incentive structure.  This could be a great idea or a bad one.  Until we know the plan it will be hard to assess.  Maybe we can chat about this?

Oh, and for the delegates I would say it is between Xeroc and Riverhead.  :)

DUDE! You didn't include your wallet! I can't send you the free DelegateTip!

Means exactly what it means.. this is a free giveaway! I gave this about 90 seconds of thought before I went ahead and created the asset. We need something to allow people to celebrate those that do good work. Been way to much talk about how to penalize those that don't. This way we reward those that do.. and leave those that don't out in the cold.

I been spending BTS out of my own pocket with every transaction so far. That's not sustainable! People eventually are going to decide what a DelegateTip is worth. I can see possibly bitsharesblocks creating a new dataset for the top delegates to show how much DelegateTips each of them got.

This is just a step up in how everyone can give THANKS to their delegates instead of just VOTES. Delegates are people not politicians.. now they have their own little slice of bitheaven to look at see how much their efforts are appreciated. It will sustain itself over time.

So the plan is no plan. You can assess whatever you like from that. :) 

Sure we can chat about this!! I will have a conversation about celebrating our finest delegate warriors any day of the week!

What if I want to give them to someone who isn't a delegate?  Is this allowed?

To be honest there are so many amazing people who have helped me along my path as a bitshares community member that I honestly can't just choose one.  Doing so would imply that I find a single person more valuable than another and would thus have the potential of having the opposite effect of why you made this thread.

I see no reason not to give DelegateTip to others who are not delegates. Of coarse everyone will want to buy/sell/trade their tips so they got them to give to delegates when they want to thank them for something awesome. Right now this is Thunderdome.. Wild West.. there are no rules. Like I said.. put about 90 seconds of thought into this before I just decided to do it. :)

Choosing one to mention is only to qualify for the free DelegateTip. I could have just asked them to post their wallets.. but that would be boring and lifeless. Asking them to list off every single delegate would be too much work for most. Just thinking of one who has made an impression on you recently or continually is easy picking for most to share. Some couldn't stop with one, then mentioned others.. like you did.

But as far as rule breaking goes.. doesn't matter anyways.. you still failed to post your wallet!!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
id: xeroc

plenty of insights coming from empirical1.1/2 ... also worth a mention (arhag, A86, fuzz, liondani, tonyk, luckybit!!! and gamey ..)

hell, just go through the top posters in the forum and they ALL deserve be mentioned here .. most of them are not even paid or just get a 3% from their backbone delegates!!
Much volunteer, very wow! Such community!

@fuzz: wow .. comprehensive list :) +5%!

Offline fuzzy

I think this is great.

But what do you mean by saying that these will be free for now?  I am interested in how you plan on this working out.  There has to be some kind of incentive structure.  This could be a great idea or a bad one.  Until we know the plan it will be hard to assess.  Maybe we can chat about this?

Oh, and for the delegates I would say it is between Xeroc and Riverhead.  :)

DUDE! You didn't include your wallet! I can't send you the free DelegateTip!

Means exactly what it means.. this is a free giveaway! I gave this about 90 seconds of thought before I went ahead and created the asset. We need something to allow people to celebrate those that do good work. Been way to much talk about how to penalize those that don't. This way we reward those that do.. and leave those that don't out in the cold.

I been spending BTS out of my own pocket with every transaction so far. That's not sustainable! People eventually are going to decide what a DelegateTip is worth. I can see possibly bitsharesblocks creating a new dataset for the top delegates to show how much DelegateTips each of them got.

This is just a step up in how everyone can give THANKS to their delegates instead of just VOTES. Delegates are people not politicians.. now they have their own little slice of bitheaven to look at see how much their efforts are appreciated. It will sustain itself over time.

So the plan is no plan. You can assess whatever you like from that. :) 

Sure we can chat about this!! I will have a conversation about celebrating our finest delegate warriors any day of the week!

What if I want to give them to someone who isn't a delegate?  Is this allowed?

To be honest there are so many amazing people who have helped me along my path as a bitshares community member that I honestly can't just choose one.  Doing so would imply that I find a single person more valuable than another and would thus have the potential of having the opposite effect of why you made this thread.  I love the idea, but I don't know how to participate...so instead of following the rules, I am going to break them (sorry). 

38ptswarrior...for being the most underestimated community member I know of.

Gamey...worked with me on the hangouts when there were only a few people interested.  He even edited many of them.  This is in addition to working on a large portion of the wiki and a number of other amazing things for the entire bitshares ecosystem.  He will never run a delegate for himself because he doesn't like the politics (me either). 

JoeyD...in between his moments of sulking that any day might be his last, and how he feels so stupid now that he lost his photographic memory, he has done so much for making the Mumble server not just a place to have hangouts, but a place to play. 

BTSWildPig...for bridging the Gap between the Eastern and Western communities. 

Xeroc...for always being their when i had a technical question, and sending tips to me to keep my hopes up when I was secretly questioning if I would be better off getting a second job and just buying bitshares

Riverhead...for being their when I've had questions to help my dad understand how blockchains work on a more deeply technical perspective

Mira...for jumping in head over heels with enthusiasm and just wanting to help wherever she can

Emailtooaj...for volunteering when Gamey could no longer do so to edit our hangouts, despite difficulties in real life

Datasecuritynode...for always being in the server to wait for the cambrian explosion

Rune...for dealing with my bullshit and still believing in me

MethodX...for pulling the community together when we needed to realize we didn't need any one person for marketing.

Matt608...for going through hell to start his delegate and get it in, and for continued efforts to bring us to Argentina

Bitscape/Roadscape...for giving so much of themselves to build something everyone can utilize...

RGCrypto...for busting his butt to build the science of marketing bitshares

HPEnvy... for starting the Newsletter

CryptoPrometheus....for continuing in HP's footsteps.

BitMarket...for working and paying out of pocket to produce BitSharesTV

Onceuponatime...for willingly giving to many various causes from his own BitShares funds

Cass...for being a badass who could easily make far more working for some big corporation but stays here where he rarely even gets tipped for his work

Toast...for giving up Google

Gentso...for being honest with me and teaching me I need to get capital to build what I hope to build

Stan...for his vision and teaching me the value of an entire bitshares universe as opposed to just one Hypergiant solarsystem

Bytemaster....for building it so we would all come

and so many more that I will make this list ridiculous (if it isn't already). 

I guess roll a couple dice!  Sorry for the nightmare...but you asked! :P
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

BTS: turkeyleg

We need to show Riverhead some love with DelegateTips. He runs a few payroll delegates for BM and team, not to mention his own delegate and his outstanding contributions to this forum and community. A incredibly valuable asset to this project.

Riverhead has no way of seeing that when he logs into his wallet.. UNTIL NOW! :D

1010 DelegateTip in your wallet right now TurkeyLeg!!!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

TurkeyLeg

BTS: turkeyleg

We need to show Riverhead some love with DelegateTips. He runs a few payroll delegates for BM and team, not to mention his own delegate and his outstanding contributions to this forum and community. A incredibly valuable asset to this project.

BTS: abelljefrry

Cass, for providing high quality graphics for Bitshares!

Wow abelljefrry... cass must be really feeling the love right now!

You got 1010 DelegateTip sitting in your wallet right now to show your appreciation when ever you like!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

bts: hpenvy2

Cass is always willing to help and adds to the professional shine of BitShares.

Excellent choice hpenvy2!

Now you can show him how much you appreciate his efforts with a DelegateTip! :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline abelljefrry

BTS: abelljefrry

Cass, for providing high quality graphics for Bitshares!
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio