Author Topic: bitUSD Mining is now live!  (Read 36760 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
Tried nicehash.
Mined scrypt with 10$ for 4 hours got 6 BitUSD back.
I just finished mining x11 for 10 hours with 7$ ...lets see what i get out. :D

Interested in what price you paid for your orders? BTC/GH/Day?  as there will be a price for NiceHash/Westhash where you will be profitable...
With scrypt 0.23...i tried lower offers but it didnt get picked up by any miners.
And i just recieved the x11 mining ....7 dollars in 7 BitUSD out  :D.

I guess you have to be very patient to find the right time to buy hashing power and also compare it to the rest of the market.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Tried nicehash.

Interested in what price you paid for your orders? BTC/GH/Day?  as there will be a price for NiceHash/Westhash where you will be profitable...

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
any possibility of getting AuxPOW w/Litecoin/Doge/Viacoin (like @Coinotron)?

Update : The pool doesn't seem to like muh Zeus's.  After a few minutes I get "hiding blocks" or just "new block detected" repeatedly. =/
I tried 4444 and 4446.  I'm using bfgminer if it matters.

AuxPOW is on the roadmap... But we also need more hash to allow litecoin/doge mining to be profitable within the payout windows so it's not at the top of the list yet...

And I've never used a Zeus miner - is there a cgminer build, maybe try that and also PM me your BTS key and I'll have a look in the pool logs to see if I can see any messages that might help.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile

Have you tried talking to the NiceHash guys about listed as pool? Could be good cross-promotion opportunity.

Once we have some good payout profitability stats and history, I'll ask the nichhash and others to promote list / the pool...

Do reach out to them yourself now though if you'd like to help...

Offline JA

• View Profile
Tried nicehash.

Tuck Fheman

any possibility of getting AuxPOW w/Litecoin/Doge/Viacoin (like @Coinotron)?

Update : The pool doesn't seem to like muh Zeus's.  After a few minutes I get "hiding blocks" or just "new block detected" repeatedly. =/
I tried 4444 and 4446.  I'm using bfgminer if it matters.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:31:03 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline Pheonike

Have you tried talking to the NiceHash guys about listed as pool? Could be good cross-promotion opportunity.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

As of today I have turned 100% of all my miners to this pool.

It is that good.

Looks like some others are now joining in as well!

Well done!  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Rune

• View Profile
How do you source your bitUSD?

Currently from Bter.com ... https://bter.com/trade/BTC_BITUSD

I'd be interested to hear where we believe the best place to source it is for most benefit to the community... marketing / volume exposure etc?

If you buy from bter you are most likely buying from cryptohedge's bot. We will aim to have this bot always offering the lowest possible spread, but you could buy from us directly and further save the 0.2% bter fee. However I don't know how this could effectively be done (since i assume you want to dump the bitcoins the instant you mine a block), maybe we can set up a bridge you can use where we buy and sell for the same spread as our bter bot but without a fee. I will be looking into this.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
Front page still showing "..payouts to you in BTS."

thanks, www.minebitshares.com is now updated with the bitUSD change...

Offline joele

• View Profile
Front page still showing "..payouts to you in BTS."

Offline anycoin

• View Profile
I thought piggybacking off of Bitcoins hashrate network effects would have been more profitable for us because:

a) Bitcoin is the largest Market and therefore is the most liquid.  With other alt-coins we have to deal with liquidity costs.  Sharing with the Bitcoin network would greatly improve our liquidity as well. 

b) According to laws of perfect competition-- miners seeking a higher return would come to our pool as we are offering a risk free percentage back that they can't achieve anywhere else.  As a result mining off of bitcoins network would provide the largest pool of investors directed towards Bitshares.  The more miners that come, the more marketed awareness that is captured for Bitshares.  Therefore the more capital (in the form of collateral and bitassets) would be kept within the Bitshares system. 

How is mining alt-coins going to benefit us?
Besides the profitability...many of us dont have sha miners...myself for instance I have grids that can run dual mode but the sha hash is hardly worth it.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
How do you source your bitUSD?

Currently from Bter.com ... https://bter.com/trade/BTC_BITUSD

I'd be interested to hear where we believe the best place to source it is for most benefit to the community... marketing / volume exposure etc?

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
MineBitShares bitUSD Mining is now live at @ http://pool.minebitshares.com

Cool!  +5%  :)
Do you have a plan to add CryptoNight (Monero, BBR)? It's will bring to pool many GPU's owners.

If anything, we'd likely add sha256 support first...

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
Having a scheduled automatic payout time will help too. Is there planned payout schedule interval?

Great work!!

Aiming to be daily...