Author Topic: xeroc's price feed broken  (Read 2481 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
wallet_publish_feeds will pay fee directly via delegate pay balance if funded, otherwise it will pay from account funds.
Ah .. so my erorr above resulted from having wiped the delegate pay into a foreign account just minutes earlier .. makes sense ..

Offline vikram

Though it seems my old script still runs .. I wonder how the client pays for feed updates from "delegate.charity" and "a.delegate.charity" as both accounts are unfunded ..

//edit: the 'payee' in my case is delegate.xeroc which is funded ..

wallet_publish_feeds will pay fee directly via delegate pay balance if funded, otherwise it will pay from account funds.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
It seems I messed this up from the beginning and no one noticed .. I wonder if a.delegate.charity every published a feed!?
Gonna add this to the README .. delegates need funds to publish slates ..

My version of the script is OK. My payaccount is empty though. Are you sure your environment is OK ?
I was doing some work on the scripts and noticed that my script runs:
Code: [Select]
272   request = {
273    "method": "wallet_publish_feeds",                                                                                                                                                               
274    "params": [delegate, assets, payee],
275    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
276    "id": 1
277   }

while the API is documented as:
Code: [Select]
delegate (locked) >>> help wallet_publish_feeds
Usage:
wallet_publish_feeds <delegate_account> <symbol_to_price_map>                                         publishes a set of feeds for BitAssets, only active delegates may do this

Though it seems my old script still runs .. I wonder how the client pays for feed updates as both accounts are unfunded ..

//edit: the 'payee' in my case is delegate.xeroc which is funded ..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:41:52 am by xeroc »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
It seems I messed this up from the beginning and no one noticed .. I wonder if a.delegate.charity every published a feed!?

My version of the script is OK. My payaccount is empty though. Are you sure your environment is OK ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just realized that my current implementation for the price feeds is broken unless you have funds in the delegates account:
The wallet used to have a 'payee' option for wallet_publish_fees, which is no more with 0.6.0 .. very unfortunate!

I recommend everyone using my script to fund your delegates with some BTS .. the drawback with this is that due to disabled TITAN scanning, your delegate will not be able to see your funds unless you enable scanning and rescan the blockchain .. sucks

paging @vikram : what's the reason for this change?

I am looking at the diff between 0.5.3 and 0.6.0 and see no change to that API (warning, big page): https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/compare/bts/0.5.3...bts/0.6.0#diff-26273b9b3121b3f8645168381d032dcf

Do you know the last time that this worked?

Offline vikram

I just realized that my current implementation for the price feeds is broken unless you have funds in the delegates account:
The wallet used to have a 'payee' option for wallet_publish_fees, which is no more with 0.6.0 .. very unfortunate!

I recommend everyone using my script to fund your delegates with some BTS .. the drawback with this is that due to disabled TITAN scanning, your delegate will not be able to see your funds unless you enable scanning and rescan the blockchain .. sucks

I am looking at the diff between 0.5.3 and 0.6.0 and see no change to that API (warning, big page): https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/compare/bts/0.5.3...bts/0.6.0#diff-26273b9b3121b3f8645168381d032dcf

Do you know the last time that this worked?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
publishing fees costs money? How much do we need in our account.. im still a standby delegate maybe thats why i cant publish anymore. cause my balance ran out lol

Anyways will the payout function not work now because it cant see the funds? How about if wallet is unlocked for a long time?

Nope. You've been elected. Congratulations!

Thanks!.. just upgrading to 0.6.. everytime I redownload the blockchain my client seems to crash.. i only have 2 gigs ram maybe thats not enough.. so it takes me a while to resync.

Congraz! and thanks for the hard work. :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
publishing fees costs money? How much do we need in our account.. im still a standby delegate maybe thats why i cant publish anymore. cause my balance ran out lol

Anyways will the payout function not work now because it cant see the funds? How about if wallet is unlocked for a long time?

Thanks!.. just upgrading to 0.6.. everytime I redownload the blockchain my client seems to crash.. i only have 2 gigs ram maybe thats not enough.. so it takes me a while to resync.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline onceuponatime

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH