Author Topic: Bter hacked. PTS, bitassets withdrawal successful. Share you experience.  (Read 121457 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Anyone know which snapshot this one belongs to on BTER?

Dec.14,2014BTS_S2

Dec.14.14 PTS_S8
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline roselee

• View Profile

Offline vladvlad

• View Profile
Balances showed up after a little wait, that is a relief.

Is it possible to withdraw altcoins?

thx

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

Dec.14,2014BTS_S2

Sparkle.
Maybe something else as well but I can't remember.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Dec.14,2014BTS_S2   

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
My BTC and BTC_B is different

BTC   0.373500   
BTC_B   0.022140

How the heck do you have BTC, it should be 0?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think bter will survive based on one simple fact:  If bter survives and grows, users get their BTC back, and if it doesnt, they dont.  In the same way bitcoin miners early on were incentivized to bottstrap the bitcoin network, bter users with most coins are incentivized to help bter survive in order to get their BTC returned.

Obviously it is injured by this and wont be what it once was, like bitstamp, but it should survive.

I agree. I liked Bter and will use it again once it's fixed. I haven't found anything else as good. I only keep a couple of BTC worth of coin on there at any one time, so if it's hacked, then they can have it. Basically, it's just a place for me to run BTC through and use it to stock up on BTS.

Offline joele

• View Profile
My BTC and BTC_B is different

BTC   0.373500   
BTC_B   0.022140   

Offline Ander

• View Profile
My balance is still 0  ::)

Balance of what?  BTC?  Yes, everyones BTC balance is 0.

You should find something called BTC_B which has your old balance in BTC.  This shows how much they owe you.  If that number is correct then the system is working correctly.

You should see the correct amount of each altcoin in your account page, right now.
Note that it will say they are worth $0, because that part that estimates your worth in fiat terms isnt enabled again yet.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I think bter will survive based on one simple fact:  If bter survives and grows, users get their BTC back, and if it doesnt, they dont.  In the same way bitcoin miners early on were incentivized to bottstrap the bitcoin network, bter users with most coins are incentivized to help bter survive in order to get their BTC returned.

Obviously it is injured by this and wont be what it once was, like bitstamp, but it should survive.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I like this part the most.

Bter: "患难见真情,感谢宝二爷在BTER最需要支持的时刻无畏非议来访BTER,也感谢所有通过各种方式一直支持我们的朋友,我们将重新站起来并走的更远"

"A friend in need is a friend indeed. Thanks to Bao who braved against all negative publicity to visit us and in a time when Bter needs support most. Thanks to friends of Bter who support us through various channels/methods.  We will stand again and we will travel far."

Bter's friend: "比特儿创始人韩林 创办比特儿两年来 经历过各种风风雨雨 7000币被盗事件属实 平台是目前还是世界最大的二代币平台 拥有海外注册用户9万人 国内注册用户13万人 其中大量用户希望其继续努力 不要倒下! "

"Bter's founder Han Lin developed Bter these two years when through a lot of obstacles and difficulties. The case of 7000 coins stolen is real. Bter is still the world Number Two virtual currency exchange. It has 90,000 foreign registered users and 130000 local users. Most users hope Bter can continue to work hard. Do not fall!"

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.