Author Topic: Light Wallet Beta Release  (Read 37933 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
This is awesome!   Registering a new account, all very smooth. I tested sending 1BTS to my new account on the light wallet from the full client and it worked like a charm, appeared a couple of seconds after sending.  I sent it back again to the full client, worked great.  Tried it with 0.1 bitUSD, same great experience.  It's just about the most easy thing to use in the world, way better than multibit which I used to use for bitcoin.

Great wallet! Very encouraging.

A couple of tiny things:

When sharing the link on Facebook the image doesn't show up (shows a question mark, when presumably it should show the BitShares logo).

On the twitter share I suggest putting a link to BitShares.org and on the Facebook share post link to bitshares.org rather than the faucet.

Offline modprobe

The faucet has worked with DVS in the past... Is it not working anymore? But this is a BTS wallet, not a DVS one. The DVS build is over in the DevShares forum.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok thx for info!

But currently Faucet is not working with DVS, or?
So how i'm not able to register a test account?

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline modprobe

is import function for full client json import or just for importing old light wallet .json!?
I can't remember of creating a 8-12 words key phrase!

The light wallet doesn't deal in JSON dumps for backups. Your backup is the master password it asks you to write down after you create an account. No other data is needed, and in particular, no files need to be safely stored, at least for now.

The import function is only for importing old accounts you used in the light wallet. I'll add some other import options in the future.

Offline modprobe

From the OP:
The lightweight wallet does not currently support importing accounts it did not itself create. If you want to use it, you will need to register an account using the light wallet, via faucet.bitshares.org. The wallet will walk you through the steps.

@cass: Oops, my mistake. I didn't configure the server quite right after restarting it; sorry about that. The wallet should have worked anyways, and the features that need the new_assets aren't implemented yet, so it's a safe warning to ignore. Still, it should be fixed now.

@vlight: I'm not familiar with Electrum's security model, but the light wallet is, as far as I know, secure as long as the server can be trusted to provide accurate chain state information. Once I have a stable application and protocol, I'll be releasing instructions for others to set up servers and configuring the light wallet to get chain state from several sources. The high points are that the light wallet never releases private keys, it destroys the owner private key after you back up the master password it creates for you, and it creates transactions locally, then scans the transaction to show you the confirmation page, so it shouldn't ever make an unexpected transaction without showing it to you again on the confirmation page.

And yes, it needs a good name. Suggestions are welcome. :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Im unable to connect to the server. Also can you import accounts from the full client?

is import function for full client json import or just for importing old light wallet .json!?
I can't remember of creating a 8-12 words key phrase!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

38PTSWarrior

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:20:20 am by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Im unable to connect to the server. Also can you import accounts from the full client?

Same issue here.

clout

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Code: [Select]
qrc:/qml/TransferLayout.qml:225 Cannot assign to non-existent property "positiveButtonText"

what should I do?
ubuntu1404, I have install qt5.4
I forget to update qml-matrial

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Code: [Select]
qrc:/qml/TransferLayout.qml:225 Cannot assign to non-existent property "positiveButtonText"

what should I do?
ubuntu1404, I have install qt5.4

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
So how does this lightwallet compare to Electrum in terms of security ?

Btw it needs a cool name too  8)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
For Windows users: I really am sorry I don't have a binary for you, but look at it this way: you get to use the Mac and Linux folks as guinea pigs to test it for you so that when you get around to trying it, all the bugs will be ironed out. ;)

:( :( :(
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.