Author Topic: Light Wallet Beta Release  (Read 37928 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
joe could send bitBTC to another account, which could be a bridge or gateway or another user. He needs to go to their website to set up the exchange and see the exchange rates anyways.

there's no real world value in bitBTC. that's my point. you can't use it like bitcoin

Offline modprobe

joe could send bitBTC to another account, which could be a bridge or gateway or another user. He needs to go to their website to set up the exchange and see the exchange rates anyways.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The problem is urgency. We need BTC -> BitBTC functionality in the wallet, NOW. We can take a more neutral approach later.

and what would joe do with BitBTC except for staring at them?

Offline monsterer

At present, I have no plans on integrating with any particular exchanges or gateways. Sending to and receiving from these services using the light wallet should work as expected, and I do not necessarily want to endorse any particular service over another.

There is a way to achieve both goals:

* Offer a single deposit/withdraw interface
* Integrate a bridge wrapper
* Choose the bridge with the best price for the chosen coin type

This doesn't unfairly advantage any particular bridge and is win/win for everyone :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Is there an ETA for when this will work on all major operating systems?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:35:11 pm by matt608 »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
The problem is urgency. We need BTC -> BitBTC functionality in the wallet, NOW. We can take a more neutral approach later.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
At present, I have no plans on integrating with any particular exchanges or gateways. Sending to and receiving from these services using the light wallet should work as expected, and I do not necessarily want to endorse any particular service over another.

It's like we're doing whatever we can not to make BitShares relevant. Between the gag order, the 30M Adam bounty and now this now this. Wow. Hopefully someone will step up and create one that will compete.

From NXT:
http://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/comments/2xw2ox/why_is_the_multigateway_not_included_with_nxt_by/

MultiGateWay is a 3rd party app. The standard Nxt client is "objective" and does not include any 3rd party apps by default.

However, we are working on a plugin system which will make it extremely easy to just add the MGW plugin to the standard client. :)

I think we should do it the same way .. have an "objective" "official" client capable of loading plugins like metaexchange or btxbots .. or even plugins that do arbitrage on your platform .. :)

clout

Meant to post this on the web wallet thread. Its not as necessary to have this functionality in the light wallet but it would be nice.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

It's like we're doing whatever we can not to make BitShares relevant. Between the gag order, the 30M Adam bounty and now this now this. Wow. Hopefully someone will step up and create one that will compete.

Offline modprobe

clout

How long will it take to integrate the metaexchange API into the wallet? 

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline modprobe

@abit: Good to know. I'll look into it, thanks. :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Don't worry. Most of the time, I'm not serious.