Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389805 times)

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
i second the osx client would like to chk it out

Offline aero101

• View Profile
want to know does the next edition of keyhotee will be full function release,just like the introduction video showing us,such as combine with the wallet of PTS,BTC or LTC ?Many thx.
BTC: 14d4WtPtKpGJjQuP1fEAQnGLY8z6Uwcqav
PTS: PbKKXiaMZV6BV7WJy1cyV7nGDMLEEyLBL2

Offline Riverhead

That's a hard question to answer. As I used to tell my mangers when I was involved with projects like this, "We're doing something that's never been done and encountering issues that have never been faced. It's nearly impossible to say with any accuracy how long it's going to take to solve problems we've never seen before." At best I am hoping for this or next quarter but I don't want it rushed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:59:45 am by Riverhead »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
When exactly will Keehote be released?
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Is it possible to release a statically linked linux client, or should I drudge through the dependency hell until I get it compiled?

We're working on this now, we should have it ready very soon I think, possibly tomorrow.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline foolsh

• View Profile
Is it possible to release a statically linked linux client, or should I drudge through the dependency hell until I get it compiled?
MMC: MMuq1vVQt16VsVBsfLWfXYLJ8PjTDUuD3H
PTS: PfWzKWzmAu3PJmHHZQ84VgQcoLEZbwcUbG

Offline bytemaster

Any updates on the OSX client?
Toast is supposedly working on it.  I am working on BTS full time.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Any updates on the OSX client?

Offline Riverhead

This is a known issue and is being worked on. Thanks for reporting it.

Right, sorry.  Hard to keep up with the large volume of traffic :).  Just an FYI I can still send/receive with Riverhead so this is clearly just a GUI issue.

I'll let you get back to preparing to knock our socks off in Miami ;).

Offline bytemaster

This may be the wrong thread and perhaps a bit premature as an Alpha issue however:

I have my main Keyhotee founder ID registered and the pubkey is repeatable by generating new profiles. I am all good there, form submitted on the website, etc.

In the same profile I created a new Identity (Riverhead) and got a public key.  Previously I had exchanged a few messages with someone using Riverhead and all was well.  In the new version I recreated Riverhead and got the same pub key however it never became registered (as expected as there is no block chain yet).  So I deleted Riverhead from my contacts then tried to re-create and it says, "You have already created this identity".

So my question is if I create a second identity (not a founder but in the same profile) and then delete the contact should I be able to re-add it?  Where is Riverhead now?  Will I still get messages send to the pub key? Is there another way to add a pub key I generated with my primary profile?

Riverhead: 54bkuu78GAm2YcRVueQFt4io2AbwV7Dg7RioovCUzYdkjgCQ81

Again, if this is more of a Beta issue please feel free to disregard or move to another thread.

Thanks!

This is a known issue and is being worked on. Thanks for reporting it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

This may be the wrong thread and perhaps a bit premature as an Alpha issue however:

I have my main Keyhotee founder ID registered and the pubkey is repeatable by generating new profiles. I am all good there, form submitted on the website, etc.

In the same profile I created a new Identity (Riverhead) and got a public key.  Previously I had exchanged a few messages with someone using Riverhead and all was well.  In the new version I recreated Riverhead and got the same pub key however it never became registered (as expected as there is no block chain yet).  So I deleted Riverhead from my contacts then tried to re-create and it says, "You have already created this identity".

So my question is if I create a second identity (not a founder but in the same profile) and then delete the contact should I be able to re-add it?  Where is Riverhead now?  Will I still get messages send to the pub key? Is there another way to add a pub key I generated with my primary profile?

Riverhead: 54bkuu78GAm2YcRVueQFt4io2AbwV7Dg7RioovCUzYdkjgCQ81

Again, if this is more of a Beta issue please feel free to disregard or move to another thread.

Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I never had them open simultaneously no. But I believe there could be a problem with the way the program read my profile since it contained a Swedish letter Ö in it and it reformatted that to some alt symbols after the first time I installed the latest version. That might be useful for you to know in that case. Anyways I'm all good now.

We were expecting the reformatting of some alt symbols for legacy profiles that would show up visibly in the profile selection dialog at startup, but we didn't expect any other issue (it seemed to work in our testing). But it's been a slight fear of mine that it could cause some problem. Thanks for letting me know you're good now: I'll recommend this approach to anyone else with a similar problem.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
It says " Registered with xxx points" That should mean that I am registered I assume? I guess was a conflict with the two installation reading from the same appdata and that made it confusing when it tried to read from the same folder.
Yes, the "registered with points" means you're registered.

Profiles should be compatible between versions, but you can't open the same profile simultaneously in two Keyhotee's as the databases inside get locked by the first client to open it. Not sure if you're saying that's what you were doing or not.

I never had them open simultaneously no. But I believe there could be a problem with the way the program read my profile since it contained a Swedish letter Ö in it and it reformatted that to some alt symbols after the first time I installed the latest version. That might be useful for you to know in that case. Anyways I'm all good now.
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
It says " Registered with xxx points" That should mean that I am registered I assume? I guess was a conflict with the two installation reading from the same appdata and that made it confusing when it tried to read from the same folder.
Yes, the "registered with points" means you're registered.

Profiles should be compatible between versions, but you can't open the same profile simultaneously in two Keyhotee's as the databases inside get locked by the first client to open it. Not sure if you're saying that's what you were doing or not.

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
I'm confused now. I installed v 0.5.2 But now my Id shows up as unregistered. And when I tried to open the older version it shows the same. Before that It showed registered. Please let me know how to fix this. Should I delete my profile in APPDATA and re-register or what should I do?

Previously, the only way to tell if your ID was registered was during the New Identity dialog (it would report the points there). You may have seen your ID as being a Keyhotee Founder later in your contact info page, but this wasn't checking with the registration database, this would be checking against the blockchain. Currently there's no true blockchain yet since we're collecting Founder IDs now, so this would just be some local blockchain mined on your local client (and therefore not meaningful).

So it sounds like your ID was never actually registered. I recommend deleting your profile and re-registering your new identity as you suggested. If you're probably registering, your contact info page should now show the same points information that should be displayed when you creating your New Identity from the menu option.

Thanks danno, actually I know from registering with the first alfaversion that I was registered. Now I did like I asked; I deleted my profiile in the appdata-folder and did a clean install and created a new ID  with my founders ID and all seem to be working fine  now. It says " Registered with xxx points" That should mean that I am registered I assume? I guess was a conflict with the two installation reading from the same appdata and that made it confusing when it tried to read from the same folder. But that is just my guess
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F