Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389778 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I thought of one problem this morning in the shower (I guess I should have taken one last night): old KH clients were still able to register a public key with the server, and if this happened, it could block the new 0.7.0 KH clients from re-register it.

Fortunately, it's possible to distinguish old format keys from new ones, so I modified the founder server just now to reject old-format keys and I also cleared the founder database of any old-style keys that got re-registered. So if you had trouble registering with 0.7.0, please try it again and see if it lets you register your founder ID now.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline codinat

• View Profile
mac 10.8    keyhotee 0.7.0退出出现  Receiving email message<s> is in progress .Please wait until transmission finishes ???

Offline codinat

• View Profile
Founder id: codinat
New pub key:6Gy3FvEw3tyNB4M2KsBukL7ntghM3DGQ5aXBKfQGot3M31AuH5

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
all worked fine here

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
all worked fine here

Offline arubi

• View Profile

Offline taoljj

• View Profile
Unsuccessful: "Invalid ID/Founderkey pair"
BTS      Witness: delegate.taoljj

Tuck Fheman

Tuck_Fheman
8XMN6Z1BrmxFsfsFQKWY4Ln59vXQhgiT2A9vxyqMB4S1CL7tSN

Only problem is, I see no "points", but I'm not sure where I should see them.

Offline trytinysmart

• View Profile
Founder id: trytinysmart
New pub key: 5MZKHUAp5C2z6ZtU5twJ6vTSVH8gAv9UEPpr1tQGbpsmUxUzzv
Keyhotee: 5MZKHUAp5C2z6ZtU5twJ6vTSVH8gAv9UEPpr1tQGbpsmUxUzzv
PTS: Pu8VUEEKhib6vULvvJAgG3UuzUxpDTR9La

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Please disable case sensitive!!
and some other rules for the ID, like disable space.
you can ask toast, he had make some  rules for the  domain name.
It's a good chance!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:37:08 am by alt »

Offline marx

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ben
me too :5deGAz8QdeSWAE5xfms5kzsUH5R1Fyh39aWScEqYiPoKwxGLzH
同道中人。

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Successfully re-registered with public key: 7sbZnqBqdJbtYrHZqJ4bYjbG19b3ynHtUdV54K9zYwcEQtMYU1
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
Successfully recreated profile and identity..

New Pub key: 7W73zQHPmKuApHzzNzRVzq8FScdDd65UpMyVbxhoeYXGCQ4mdC

Points show up.. =)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Founder IDs need to be re-registered with Keyhotee 0.7.0

We recently discovered a problem with the way we're generating public keys in Keyhotee, and the best solution we could come up will require re-registering your Keyhotee Founder IDs. However, we've worked hard to make this process simpler than in the past, so it shouldn't be too bad I think. Below is a full description of the problem and our solution. Since we had to make this breaking change, we've also incorporated several other “breaking changes” that will require use of Keyhotee 0.7.0 versus the older alpha clients.

The Problem: city_hash64 is not stable across versions and is not well standardized

The algorithm Keyhotee uses to automatically generate the public key for a Keyhotee ID employs a hashing function called city_hash. While recently investigating the city_hash algorithm, we found that it's not a unchanging algorithm that will generate the same hash value over different versions of the function. This is in contrast to the standard cryptographic hashes like sha2 which are guaranteed to produce the same hash number for a given input across all implementations of sha2.

This guarantee provided by the standard cryptographic hash functions is important for Keyhotee IDs, because it is desirable for a user to be able to re-generate the same public keys for a profile when using many different Keyhotee-style clients. For example, a user might use the existing C++-based Keyhotee client on his desktop and a Java-based Keyhotee client (not yet developed) on an Android phone, and he would want to be able to use the same Keyhotee IDs on either system.

The Solution: Replace city_hash with sha2

To eliminate this problem so that the public keys are easy to regenerate on different Keyhotee-client implementations, we are replacing all uses of city_hash in the generation of Keyhotee clients with sha2 based hashes. The only problem with this solution is that it requires that all Keyhotee founder Ids to be registered again with the new public keys generated using sha2 hashing.

Steps to register your Founder ID(s)

1) Download the appropriate OS version of Keyhotee 0.7.0 here:
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Windows/2014-04-21_00-00-43/Keyhotee-0.7.92-win32.exe
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Linux/2014-04-21_15-48-02/Keyhotee.tar.gz
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/MacOS/2014-04-05_00-01-42/Keyhotee.dmg

2) Create a NEW profile (existing profiles are invalid). Record in a safe location the information you enter to create your profile (first/middle/last name, your brainwallet passcode, and your profile password).

3) From the main Keyhotee GUI menu, select the menu option “New Identity”. In the New Identity dialog, enter your Keyhotee Founder ID and your Keyhotee Founder Code. If you've entered the information correctly, you should see some “points” appear at the bottom of the dialog. The points message indicates that you have successfully registered your Keyhotee ID with our server. If you no longer have your Founder ID or Founder Code, you can contact Stan for this information.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:17:39 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

clout

In what ways is Keyhotee different than OneName?