Author Topic: Development Progress on Github:You don't know where to look .....  (Read 2587 times)

Offline fuzzy

While it's nice to see some activity, there's still the nagging issue of low developer transparency. Too many of us feel completely out of the loop as to what developments are taking place, who's working on what, where we're headed, and what our timelines are. These details are important to secure investor confidence.

That is a  problem with a very simple solution.  In fact bytemaster himself has been exemplifying this strategy ever since it was made available to him (over one year ago now).

They only have to show up and I organize everything else. ..

So tell me,  when something is so easy and freely available. ..why is it underutilized?   Is it not obvious that communication and teamwork are what we need most?

I agree, the mumbles are a great way to get everyone communicating. Too bad they're always during work time for me, or maybe I'd try popping in sometime.

I have a feeling tomorrow's mumble will be interesting...

That's not easy for common user to participate .
It need to be some sort of standard operation , like diagram , project management flow chart ...etc .
Lack of that lead to the misunderstanding of low-transparency . In fact many documents are not available .

Agreed. An easy to see, frequently updated reference piece with concrete details and precise plans is what investors want to see.

+5%

I'm planning on reaching out to Bytemaster soon to see if we can switch our hangout days one final time to be on Saturdays (instead of Fridays).  I think it would give a far larger portion of the community the ability to show up and participate. 

This would also enable me to begin looking for a better job so I don't have to rely on delegate pay to see this through when times get tough for our platform.  I don't mind spending money out of pocket, but I need to be able to make a little better cash than I'm doing right now to continue doing it at current rates. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
While it's nice to see some activity, there's still the nagging issue of low developer transparency. Too many of us feel completely out of the loop as to what developments are taking place, who's working on what, where we're headed, and what our timelines are. These details are important to secure investor confidence.

That is a  problem with a very simple solution.  In fact bytemaster himself has been exemplifying this strategy ever since it was made available to him (over one year ago now).

So tell me,  when something is so easy and freely available. ..why is it underutilized?   Is it not obvious that communication and teamwork are what we need most?

I agree, the mumbles are a great way to get everyone communicating. Too bad they're always during work time for me, or maybe I'd try popping in sometime.

It need to be some sort of standard operation , like diagram , project management flow chart ...etc .
Lack of that lead to the misunderstanding of low-transparency . In fact many documents are not available .

Agreed. An easy to see, frequently updated reference piece with concrete details and precise plans is what investors want to see.

+5%

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:48:54 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline JA

• View Profile
Maybe adding two github widgets/iframes on top of the forum would calm some people down.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Normally you would go to Github https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares  , you would see things seem to be slow on the master branch... no commit in many days.....

But actually , the progress are in the develop branch of the Github repo ....

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/commits/develop

That's because as it states , it's a develop branch , all developing progress will be there first .
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.